What is faith?

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you understand that scientists also observe nature and explain it without invoking a God. And do you also understand that nature is entirely  consistent with there being no God? And do yo

My identity and ego forms around the "I" that identifies itself with the mind-body that "I" experience reality through. "I" am identifying with the mind-body that allows me to perceive and intera

! Moderator Note It's quite clear from the OP that the faith discussed in this thread is from believers in religion.   ! Moderator Note

13 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Who are most disordered, those that think they understand "the standard model" or those that think they understand the bible

Depends on who you ask. Since we are on a scienceforum and evidence counts here I think you know the answer. 

The „good” guys at reverent dick head headquaters managed to label this site „unsafe” but I really urge you to compare the contents of it to the standard model:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Edited by koti
6 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Having read the bible both as one would read a book and the cherry picked parts my pastor required us to read with no rational explanation of any of it I would think that cosmologists at least have math and experimental data to back them up...

And therein lies the problem, most of us don't know the language, we just get the synopsis...

12 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

And therein lies the problem, most of us don't know the language, we just get the synopsis...

Again, you post a meaningless obfuscation of the OT.... 

7 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Again, you post a meaningless obfuscation of the OT.... 

Rito... but in case you meant the OP, what language are you using?

Edited by dimreepr