Lightspeed v black holes

Alexslack

Okay I don’t have a scientific background but a question that has bugged me for weeks now.

if we travel the speed of sound and an object was dropped, the sound would never catch us right?

could this principle be used for light?

this later lead me to research a lot about black holes as originally I thought that a black hole could just be the end of light.

However over time I reasearched into black holes, if we have a force such as electro magnetic force which is considerably greater than gravity then this could affect light in ways which we see.

Therefor it took me on a learning experience. What if electro magnetism created the dark matter and dark energy that we now perceive.

As electro magnet has poles what a black hole was a huge electro magnet. It has been discovered that light has positive and negative charges. Therefore could also be pulled into this electro magnet.

As we know gravity causes the earth to orbit the sun, imagine this on a much larger scale with an electro magnet. But with a very different type of centre too our sun. 

What if the centre of a black hole was super chilled, we know that this would allow for quantum locking and even higher conductivity. 

Just as we orbit the sun the electromagnet would appear to create the whirl pool effect. This could be achieved by masses being attracted to the magnet in such a way that it creates the magnet to spin and greatly accelerate particles past the speed of light itself.

As a result of this, surely we would have a solid mass that increases in speed and mass until it passes a velocity that exceeds the pull of the electromagnet resulting in a Big Bang type scenario.

The two exhausts of a black hole are from the north an south poles, where the particles can’t align due to poles being opposites.

22 minutes ago, Alexslack said:

if we travel the speed of sound and an object was dropped, the sound would never catch us right?

No, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, you can't travel at the speed of light. :) 

Secondly, the speed of light is "invariant", that means that however fast you go, you will still see light travelling at the speed of light.

What if electro magnetism created the dark matter and dark energy that we now perceive.

Dark matter is called dark matter precisely because it does not interact electromagnetically.

As electro magnet has poles what a black hole was a huge electro magnet.

You seem to be suggesting that gravity is caused by electromagnetism. There are all sorts of reasons why this can't be the case.

Gravity is proportional to mass, not electric charge. Things with no charge are affected by gravity but not by electromagnetic forces.

Electromagnetic forces come in two polarities, gravity doesn't.

We can block electromagnetism, we can't block gravity.

And so on and on.

It has been discovered that light has positive and negative charges.

It has? News to me.

Therefore could also be pulled into this electro magnet.

Light is not affected by magnetism.

As we know gravity causes the earth to orbit the sun, imagine this on a much larger scale with an electro magnet.

That would imply that the Earth and Sun would have to have opposite polarities. And then the Moon would have to be the opposite polarity from the Earth. But when we launch a spacecraft to orbit the Earth and the Moon, it would have to magically(?) change polarity at some point.

Basically, gravity and electromagnetism are completely different forces.

We have a good model for gravity already. And it works.

Edited by Strange

26 minutes ago, Alexslack said:

Okay I don’t have a scientific background but a question that has bugged me for weeks now.

Your speed of sound example is correct. However its a bit different with light, nothing massive can reach the speed of light plus the speed of light is invariant as opposed to the speed of sound. So no, the sound example you gave cannot be used for light.

Edit: Cross posted with Strange.

Edited by koti

Google light posative and negative charges. It has been discovered.

I’m not suggesting gravity is electromagnetism? I’m sayin it’s a force greater than gravity. I’m sayin anything that could be charged would be attracted to the source.

okay I understand the part that I included about gravity I didn’t explain myself very well. We wouldn’t necessarily be flung we as an object would be drawn too the closest pole by our closest pole.

also I mean if we were travelling away from the source of light at light speed?

3 minutes ago, Alexslack said:

I’m not suggesting gravity is electromagnetism? I’m sayin it’s a force greater than gravity. I’m sayin anything that could be charged would be attracted to the source.

okay I understand the part that I included about gravity I didn’t explain myself very well. We wouldn’t necessarily be flung we as an object would be drawn too the closest pole by our closest pole.

You can’t travel at light speed.

15 minutes ago, Alexslack said:

Google light posative and negative charges

1. That's not how it works. Your claim: you need to provide evidence.

2. But I did, anyway and can find no evidence that this is the case.

Unlike charges are attracted to one another. I don't see how this is relevant to black holes or the Sun. (Charged black holes are theoretically possible but I don't think there is any real reason to think they exist.)

We wouldn’t necessarily be flung we as an object would be drawn too the closest pole by our closest pole.

I don't understand this at all.

1. You can't travel at light speed.

2. However fast you were moving (99.999999% speed of light) the light would pass you at light speed. (Google "special relativity" :) )

Here:

"The speed at which light waves propagate in vacuum is independent both of the motion of the wave source and of the inertial frame of reference of the observer."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light#Fundamental_role_in_physics

(We have known this for 113 years, so it should be more widely known!)

Edited by Strange

Okay so if you put two magnets next to each other with the same poles they repel but if you put magnets together with opposite poles they attract. This is what I was suggesting. But on a super chilled electro magnet we can achieve greater magnetism with smaller surface area. The bigger the mass with a higher velocity can outway the effects of gravity.

Sorry I have become all muddled, if this electromagnetic force created something that was spinning so fast it exceeded the speed of light would that then pull the light towards it?

just because we can’t do something doesn’t mean it’s not possible, once upon a time it wasn’t possible to fly. We did it. Whole different ball game I understand. But in theoretical terms :)

Also thanks for this it’s a real learning experience. :)

7 minutes ago, Alexslack said:

Okay so if you put two magnets next to each other with the same poles they repel but if you put magnets together with opposite poles they attract. This is what I was suggesting.

That is not relevant to the Sun or black holes.

Sorry I have become all muddled, if this electromagnetic force created something that was spinning so fast it exceeded the speed of light would that then pull the light towards it?

1. You cannot exceed the speed of light.

2. No.

once upon a time it wasn’t possible to fly

Really? Do you just mean: "once upon a time there were no aeroplanes"?

59 minutes ago, Alexslack said:

It has been discovered that light has positive and negative charges.

Still waiting for evidence of this.

Edited by Strange
flight

8 minutes ago, Alexslack said:

Thankyou

Are you familiar with the tr3b engine? If not just check it out on you tube. Electromagnetic that surpass the force of gravity :)

thanks for the experience

Do you have any evidence that this engine is something other than pseudoscientific crap? 

I don’t personally, but I find it interesting that electromagnets can negate the effect of gravity on a small scale.(that is possible)

and if this was possible then electro magnets could if engineered correctly in the way of a black hole. If the above theory was true would be able to create a speed higher than lightspeed.

10 minutes ago, Alexslack said:

Thankyou

Are you familiar with the tr3b engine? If not just check it out on you tube. Electromagnetic that surpass the force of gravity :)

Since light and magnets are one in the same, the tr3b engine doesn't work.

6 minutes ago, Alexslack said:

I don’t personally, but I find it interesting that electromagnets can negate the effect of gravity on a small scale.(that is possible)

and if this was possible then electro magnets could if engineered correctly in the way of a black hole. If the above theory was true would be able to create a speed higher than lightspeed.

The „theory” you mention cannot be true if it predicts velocities of massive objects greater than c. 

21 hours ago, Alexslack said:

!

Moderator Note

No. You are making this claim. You are responsible for providing the evidence.

It's enough work to debunk false claims. You don't get to add the burden of chasing down the purported references to them. 

On 3/25/2018 at 2:11 AM, Alexslack said:

The two exhausts of a black hole are from the north an south poles, where the particles can’t align due to poles being opposites.

Exhausts? A BH has no exhaust at all: Once the Schwarzchild radius of any mass is reached, an EH is formed, where the escape velocity  is "c". Even Hawking radiation if valid, does not entail any particle crossing from the inside of a BH to outside.

The familiar polar jets we see apparently exiting the polar regions of BH,s are actually in spiraling matter that has spun around and twisted by the BH's spin and thrown out at the polar regions. It is not matter/plasma that has ever crossed the EH.

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Almost certainly true. :wacko:

I'm not so sure actually. I'm 73: And often refer to myself as an old bastard, remembering that I and presumably you also, are there: the younger scallywags have to get there.

*proud to be an old bastard* :P

1 hour ago, beecee said:

I'm not so sure actually. I'm 73: And often refer to myself as an old bastard, remembering that I and presumably you also, are there: the younger scallywags have to get there.

*proud to be an old bastard* :P

You make me feel like I'm 18 again beecee.