Collusion with Russia

waitforufo

13 hours ago, iNow said:

DOJ Officials said today that Mueller will NOT be submitting the report next week. Full stop. 

As previously mentioned I suspect the speculation that Mueller was finished was just Barr's opening move to place pressure on Mueller. Barr can't fire Mueller outright or stop the investigation less he wants to spend the next several years embroiled in obstruction of justice charges. Signalling to the press that things are wrapping up was a good opening play. It gets people moving towards the exists and creates an sense that things are taking too long and/or that Mueller is dragging his feet.

4 hours ago, Ten oz said:

As previously mentioned I suspect the speculation that Mueller was finished was just Barr's opening move to place pressure on Mueller. Barr can't fire Mueller outright or stop the investigation less he wants to spend the next several years embroiled in obstruction of justice charges. Signalling to the press that things are wrapping up was a good opening play. It gets people moving towards the exists and creates an sense that things are taking too long and/or that Mueller is dragging his feet.

I was suspicious of Barr when the announcement came out as well. It was out there for little more than a day when the Mueller team indicated it had unfinished business.

That tells me the report is multifaceted and deeply complex.

Let's not forget that Barr is a Trump appointee and Mueller is a career Republican. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting either to do the right thing.

For now and at the very least, Mueller is worthy of the benefit of the doubt.

I've said it before an I will say it again. Like Nixon and Watergate, it's ultimately up to the Republicans to sort their own out.

Color me skeptical.

• 1 year later...

So yeah, now we have that https://apnews.com/ae1ad252bb13490db2ceffc5d17b6d92

In an abrupt about-face, the Justice Department on Thursday said it is dropping the criminal case against President Donald Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, abandoning a prosecution that became a rallying cry for the president and his supporters in attacking the FBI’s Trump-Russia investigation.

The action was a stunning reversal for one of the signature cases brought by special counsel Robert Mueller. It comes even though prosecutors for the past three years have maintained that Flynn lied to the FBI in a January 2017 interview about his conversations with the Russian ambassador.

Flynn admitted as much, pleading guilty before later asking to withdraw the plea, and he became a key cooperator for Mueller as the special counsel investigated ties between Russia and Trump’s 2016 political campaign.

Woohoo time to rewrite reality.

The argument seems to be that he was targeted unfairly in an attempt to get him to inculpate Trump. Comey seems to have admitted to some aspects of this, basically not following normal protocols. (ironically, Trump may not have been elected without Comey: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-comey-letter-probably-cost-clinton-the-election/)

Apparently Flynn plead guilty to protect his son. What was the concern for his son?

• 1 month later...

So, D Trump's White House has 'thrown down the gauntlet' at the removal of Confederate monuments, something which most people couldn't care less about, yet now the news comes out that Russia was paying Afghan rebels 'bounty' for every American soldier killed, the White House has known about this for four months, and not a single word or tweet.
Wouldn't want to offend V Putin, and the people that helped get you elected, now would we ? Or maybe puppet-master V Putin, and his oligarchs, really do have something on D Trump ? While this was already known by the White House, D Trump was still pushing for Russian re-admittance to the G7/G8. And not a word from any other high ranking Republicans either; can anyone see this happening in a R Reagan administration ?

Does any sane person in America still doubt that D Trump and his administration are totally owned by Russia ? 
( November can't come soon enough )

Edited by MigL