Precognition and Eternalism

Salubrius

I have personally experienced precognition many times, which being scientifically minded has always led me to try to find scientific explanations. None of my paths of investigation, multiple dimensionality, quantum physics etc. have ever fully satisfied me due to one thing. I find it impossible to use for personal gain.

I don't mean the "using it for personal gain will lead to disastrous consequences" rhetoric. I mean literally not possible. The merest thought of a personal gain in my subconscious or similar, means I am wrong. To give two examples to explain. I knew Prince William would have a boy and name him George. I never doubted it, but I did not place a bet on it. Once the baby boy was born and named George I was annoyed at myself for not placing a bet. Therefore when Kate was pregnant for the second time, I thought I knew as before and placed a bet, I was completely wrong on both sex and name. The second example is a horse racing one. In a big race (I'm in the UK by the way) I briefly looked at the large list of horses and picked three, first, second and third. I was correct except my timing was off. The horses were exactly as I predicted at precisely the half way point, and I mean literally in first, second and third at the precise half way point if the race. None of them placed at the end. I hope only these two examples explain sufficiently.

The point of that is, I was confused as to how a personal gain was differentiated from precognitions that save your life (many examples of which are well documented). I was constantly ending up in a philosophical loop due to thinking in terms of an external source influencing my thoughts, which is fundamentally against my personal beliefs.

Then today I had a breakthrough. I was looking at an article about a scientific test regarding precognitions, and the theory of the future influencing decisions made now. I made a link between Einstein and the philosophy of Eternalism, and precognitions. Now to get to the philosophical point...

If all times exist and our future influences decisions in the same way as our past does, this means it's feasible that I make a future decision that I don't want to have used it for personal gain! When given more thought, it made even more sense. Consider a bad experience in the past, going through that has made you the person you are now, stronger, wiser, anything like that. So philosophically, if you could change your past, would you? Maybe being rich would mean I'd miss out on a lot of experiences that are yet to come. Maybe if I was rich I'd be miserable, miss out on a lot of social experiences, real friends, etc

I am interested in hearing some philosophical viewpoints about the choice of changing your personal past in particular.

I have personally experienced precognition many times,

Are you sure?

Have you tried writing down what your precognition and then comparing the event when it happens? How exactly does it match? Does it always happen in the same time sale?

Many times people think "Oh, I had a dream like this" when something happens (i.e. after the dream). They often re-interpret the dream to match events. So they beak a glass and remember having a dream where someone else broke their leg. Well, its the same sort of thing, isn't it.

So I would apply a scientific approach to testing that precognition actually happens, before trying to find an explanation.

And while you are at it, why not claim the millions of dollars awarded to those who can prove it?

Oh wait, it doesn't work if you have something to gain... I guess it is a nicer variation of "it doesn't work when it is tested" or "it doesn't work if there are skeptics in the same room".

Before even going into the details, how would "the universe" know when you have something to gain? Why would it care?

I don't rule out the possibility of precognition, but your description of your experiences thus far do not seem to be sound evidence in favour of it. Bender and Strange have pointed out some of the weaknesses. Consequently I am unwilling to speculate on the philosophical implications of something that is almost certainly not happening.

However, I will make this prediction: the comments in this thread that doubt that you do experience precognition will not change your mind. If I am correct that won't be precognition, but experience.

Unlike many who visit here and post to science forums, I'm convinced that precognition is indeed possible. My confidence comes from almost 40 years of trying to understand the true nature of mind and consciousness. That effort has led me to neuroscience and, particularly, the study of unconscious brain function. From what I've managed to understand, precognition isn't a quality of conscious brain function but rather an effect of our brain's unconscious ability to perceive and consolidate diverse sensory information to project probable outcomes. Unconsciously, we are privy to sensory information that doesn't reach our conscious awareness due to our conscious mental focus on waking pursuits. Precognitive experiences can emerge as our waking brain state surrenders to unconscious states such as dreaming. Although precognition is not the purpose of dreaming, dreaming is a unconscious state of brain activation wherein the brain engages cognitive activity unencumbered by the physical/material perception of true reality and experience. Amid this unencumbered state, I believe our mind is capable of extraordinary fetes of perception.

Unlike many who visit here and post to science forums, I'm convinced that precognition is indeed possible. My confidence comes from almost 40 years of trying to understand the true nature of mind and consciousness. That effort has led me to neuroscience and, particularly, the study of unconscious brain function. From what I've managed to understand, precognition isn't a quality of conscious brain function but rather an effect of our brain's unconscious ability to perceive and consolidate diverse sensory information to project probable outcomes. Unconsciously, we are privy to sensory information that doesn't reach our conscious awareness due to our conscious mental focus on waking pursuits. Precognitive experiences can emerge as our waking brain state surrenders to unconscious states such as dreaming. Although precognition is not the purpose of dreaming, dreaming is a unconscious state of brain activation wherein the brain engages cognitive activity unencumbered by the physical/material perception of true reality and experience. Amid this unencumbered state, I believe our mind is capable of extraordinary fetes of perception.

Surely what you are describing is simply accurate analysis of data to predict the future? Precognition is an awareness of the future ahead of its arrival in the "now". Those are very different things.

Surely what you are describing is simply accurate analysis of data to predict the future? Precognition is an awareness of the future ahead of its arrival in the "now". Those are very different things.

Even by your definition, weather forecasts could be considered precognition. However, the distinction between such forecasts and precognition, as I understand, is that the latter appears to be a result of unconscious thought and perception processes while the former a result of conscious observations and consciously directed activity. Although both involve predictions based on evidence perceived, precognition appears to involve evidence perceived below our threshold of conscious awareness rendering such evidence without a basis in observations directed by conscious analysis. The effect of all this is knowing an outcome without consciously knowing how you perceived or determined that outcome.

You seem very sure if you precognition abilities.

Please tell us that this confidence stems from you foretelling of substantially more that one of the Royals babies.

As a disbeliever in all things referred to as psychic or clairvoyant, I would need more in order to even begin to take your claims seriously. And given that this is a science forum I'm pretty certain I'm not alone in this regard.

Would you mind please sharing with us some further examples of your precognitive skills?

Thank you.

The reasoning behind my posting under the philosophy category rather than as a physics theory was to gain philosophical viewpoints on the theory of a person activity making a decision in the future which may seem negative to their current situation. My two small examples were meant to explain how I have came to such a theory, and thus the philosophical question.

From my personal studies I have found that it is indeed impossible to thoroughly prove such things to the level necessary for scientific validation. The reason for this may be that the burden of proof has a similar effect on results as the aforementioned personal gain effect.

Therefore, rather than producing a catalogue of a lifetime of such experiences, which would be necessary if I were promoting my theory as a fully formed theoretical post. I am much more interested in the plausibility of the psychological reasoning behind the individual choosing at a future point in time, not to use the ability for certain things. Personal gain and/or scientific testing of the ability, etc.

And yes, as I said, the reason I came to this theory was because I could not accept an external influence, due to the reason "how would the universe know". Hence the philosophical question regarding personal future decisions, which may influence the present.

From my personal studies I have found that it is indeed impossible to thoroughly prove such things to the level necessary for scientific validation. The reason for this may be that the burden of proof has a similar effect on results as the aforementioned personal gain effect.

Far more likely: there is no effect.

I have had dreams three times of earthquakes that occurred the next day and I have never falsely dreamed of any other earthquakes.

In each case I mentioned them to people.

The most dramatic was the Algiers earthquake, the worst in history, which wiped out something like 30,000 homes. The night before I was in Stockholm on a honeymoon. I woke my wife and said I'd had an amazing dream where I was ib a middle-eastern city running while the ground was shaking. I was running with many other people, all panicked, amidst a lot of tall but not too tall light stucco-looking buildings.

The obvious answer is that determinism is at play, that future outcomes are already going to happen. Skeptics would usually not experience proof of future events in advance because they cannot access that which they don't believe in.

A lot of people dreamed about 9/11 in advance. Free will would allow anyone responsible for it to change their mind and cancel the attack.

Once I dreamed of being with a group of tourists at a nuclear power plant when an alarm sounded and there was a feeling that we were all going to die or at least take a dose. The following day, a group of students were touring the local nuke plant and the alarm went off. There had been a leak. It was all over the news that day.

Precognition is difficult to prove. The reason is that such strange things are shy to objective study due to skepticism adversely affecting non-believers. This is the same as people who believe more easily in paranormal occurrences tend to experience other paranormal events. This also describes empaths or Uri Geller or any number of unexplainable abilities.

It is all too easy for skeptics to discount such abilities because they usually don't stand up to scientific scrutiny. I understand, but given that I have experienced precognition myself, I can be more open-minded about the subject.

Scientific types rarely have such strange things happen. My father, an MIT graduate, and very hard-nosed, had never had an kind of experience such as precognitive dreams. Once, in out photographing very strange chem trail patterns with my daughter and father, while both my daughter and I were absolutely amazed at what we were seeing, my dad saw nothing strange at all.

It reminds me of the stories of Capt. Cook and other ship voyages when sailing very close to shore. natives were seen fishing with nets on the shore but none looked up at the ship even though such things were completely unknown. this phenomenon happened many time around the world back when voyagers had not yet made contact with aboriginal cultures.

Not to get off subject, but to explain why science cannot "see" the "ships" of impossibility.

And the reason why you, Salubrious, can't make money from precognition is that you know you don't deserve it. Your own belief that you don't deserve the money is manifested in failure.

Edited by Dave Moore

Once, in out photographing very strange chem trail patterns

You mean contrail.

There is no such thing as a "chem trail". It is an invention of conspiracy theorists.

Not to get off subject, but to explain why science cannot "see" the "ships" of impossibility.

Right. Which is why science never discovers anything new or overthrows old theories. And no one ever wins a Nobel Prize.

I have spent hours watching a 2500 mile area become completely hazy, watching jet trails turning to clouds. I have hundreds of photographs of strange spotted skyscapes of bright variegated colors.

You can call them anything you want, but there was nothing normal about what was going on.

At the same time, I am aware that what was up there was only emergent reality, a lot like UFOs---- real to some, never seen by others, and yet I know I saw what I saw. My father didn't. That was stupendously weird.

Strange, you don't understand belief. You have no idea how belief shapes reality. That's okay.

I wouldn't dream of telling you what is and what isn't real. One man's real is another man's fantasy. But I can imagine much more than you appear to be capable of imagining. Not because I am insane or out of touch, or, especially gullible.

There is a difference between being skeptical and being incapable of considering alternative ideas.

I am as hard-nosed as they come.

I believe in the scientific process too. But I include in my knowledge the possibility that your exclusionary beliefs fall short of answering why I have had precognitive dreams, or witnessed paranormal events take place.

I think if you had a paranormal event take place in front of you as many times as I have, you would not be so cynical.

And why do you avoid commenting on my many precognitive dreams? Why not explain to me why I should have had those dreams of tomorrow's events? Is it because you can't say,"Huh! I can't explain that!"

Because this discussion shouldn't be about who "wins", but about honest seeking of new knowledge.

All I see is people defending deeply anchored beliefs to the death, avoiding the hard questions at every turn. People who would rather NOT think too hard.

Another interesting subject is coincidences. I have had strings of coincidences that progressed to sixth stage, that is, even if there were a one in a hundred chance of having one coincidence, a sequence of five in a 24 hour period would be 100 to the sixth power to one odds. A trillion tp one? I can't find my calculator but that's one hell of a chance just using my fingers, don't you think?

1) Reading book about coincidences and as I read, 'Lincoln's birthday', I simultaneously hear the radio in the next room saying, "Lincoln's birthday".

2) Half asleep, a voice in my head (like a speaker, not a thought) says, "Lincoln is terminated". You may omit that one for obvious reasons.

3) I visit sporting goods store and look at bows and arrows. Name on arrows, "Terminator"

4) Salesman across room is showing big hand gun to customer. He says as I read the word, "Terminator on the box of arrow heads, "This is the gun Schwarzenegger used in the movie...

Terminator!"

5) Home again, girlfriend has a job interview. Writes down location of building in industrial park and directions to said building on 3 x 3 piece of paper. Goes there, stops at library, picks up book.

Comes home, opens book. Out of book falls a small 3 x 3 piece of paper. Instructions on piece of paper to building forty miles away---- within forty feet of the one she'd just visited. Side by side, the instructions are almost identical.

6) Come to discover it was Lincoln's birthday the day before when I picked out a book that gave no indication that Lincoln was going to be mentioned.

How would you deal with that? I'd have to be lying, right?

Edited by Dave Moore

I have spent hours watching a 2500 mile area become completely hazy, watching jet trails turning to clouds.

Yep. That's what contrails do. It is completely normal.

I am as hard-nosed as they come.

Right. So you will believe me when I say the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary.

I'd have to be lying, right?

That is always a possibility but, when dealing with accounts of ghosts, UFOs, psychic experiences, etc., it would be pretty much the last option on my list (just before "it is a real ghost/UFO/psychic experience").

Strange, what about the coincidences! What would be the reason? Why would such coincidences occur like that? Does the topic frighten you? Is it that you need to be right and you can't be, so you simply ignore compelling information like that?

You can't deal with it, can you?

Anyone reading this thread can see it. You have real people claiming they have had experiences and you won't admit it's happening. You cherry pick things you feel comfortable with and if you can't argue the case for absolute materialism, you slide away?

Does that make sense?

> I knew Prince William would have a boy and name him George.

Yes but do you remember the things you believed that DIDN'T happen?

The only scientific test is to formally write down predictions on paper and then see how you do after the fact. Otherwise you are subject to selective memory bias. I remember the longshot horse I saw in the paddock and just KNEW he'd win so I put down five bucks and won a hundred. Of course I don't remember all the run of the mill losers I've had. Ask any gambler, they all think they're precogs too.

Edited by wtf

"A truly remarkable day would be a day where nothing remarkable happened."

There are a lot of people who all have a lot of dreams and thoughts and experiences. Statistically, it is virtually impossible on any given day that not at least one person dreams about something that will happen that day. Obviously, the millions of people who didn't, also aren't going to blog about it.

But notice how, like Strange, they avoid what I wrote about my own precognitive dreams, which always were followed by the event I dreamed about. I always made sure to tell someone about the dream. That was my own way of avoiding the trap of cherry picking only successful predictions. I only rarely have precognitive dreams.

Nor is anyone touching the coincidences I mentioned. Such a phenomenon is difficult for cynics to deal with. They prefer in such cases to simply avoid the issue.

it seems to be about denial. Pretending to be open-minded clear-thinking people, they have no desire to know the truth. They spout tired old mantras about gullible people and self-deluding unscientific types.

Some things can't be tested in a lab.

Since scientific types don't ever believe that expectation can steer results, they fool themselves every time.

A whole world of evidence escapes them.

So I challenge them to explain coincidences as I described. Or why I dreamed of the biggest earthquake in Algeria's history the night before it happened, and how I was one of the people running through a middle-eastern city along with a lot of people who were panicking as the Earth shook. And it was the only time a dream was so real that I woke my wife up to tell her about it. Or when I dreamed of a radiation leak in a nuke plant when with a group as tourists and the next day, it happened just like that.

You can't deal with that at all, so you just avoid even commenting on it.

I have see the images of dying relatives passing in front of me, causing me to note the time, and later found out they had passed at that moment. This never happened as a false flag. I was always right.

You guys---- Strange, Argent, and Velocity Boy, don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Dave Moore

British royals naming a baby George is not that unlikely really is it? And the horse thing was wrong anyway.

Do you ever watch Derren Brown? He is great at explaining tricks the mind plays on people and offers some pretty plausible explanations for people believing in spiritual and supernatural things that turn out to be just normal things or pure coincidence. What appears to be beyond the possibility of probable likelihood for one person may just be a freak happening of several events, where for another 20,000 people nothing happened.

His show where he gets a person to get the winning horse every time is pretty good - someone somewhere WILL pick the winning horse every time... if there are 20 horses and 20 people pick different horses then 1 person is guaranteed to win. It doesn't mean that they were psycic before the race.

For something to be truly random, there will be patters that look non random within the chaos - it has to be this way or it would not be random. However small a probability of something occurring, given enough time we would expect to see that improbably event turn up at some point.

Dave More: "I'd have to be lying right?"

No - obviously not - you just don't understand how coincidences work or how we perceive them. In all of the 'co-incidences' you listed from 1 to 6 your brain would have locked onto the occurrence as something related to Lincon because that was in your mind. Stuff like that happens to everyone all of the time. What your brain ignored were the thousands of other bits of info from the same day that were unrelated to your tale.

You hum a song - it come on the radiop - spooky? No - it will happen from time to time, you just don't recall or register the other 100 times you hum a song and a different one comes on. Get with reality dude!

............................................... .............................................. .....................................

I can't explain the dreaming - that doesn't make it supernatural though. I have had predictive dreams also. I would say though, that most dreams we have are not remembered. Sometimes something jogs our memory whilst awake and we recall our dream. Maybe you dream of earthquakes regularly and only remember them when there is one on the news the next day, Who knows.

Strange, what about the coincidences! What would be the reason?

Coincidence?

We all experience odd things. Some of us assume there must be some mysterious explanation and others assume it is probably just mundane coincidence.

Coincidences are not as unlikely as most people think. For example, For example, how many people do you think you need to have in a room for it to be likely that two people share a birthday? 365? 200? 100? ...

I have experienced lots of things like this you mentioned. I once bumped into someone I knew, completely unexpectedly, in a city on the other side of the world. What are the chances of that. It must be about 7 billion to 1, based on the number of people in the world. No! It must be even less likely based on the number of cities, or even streets in the world: trillions to one!!

Well, maybe not. It was a street popular with tourists, in a city popular with tourists at the height of tourist season. So that reduces the odds enormously. And the person I met was just someone I knew from a shop I went to occasionally. So rather than being 1 in 7 billion; it could have been any one of maybe a thousand people that I know (or have known) in passing. So maybe the odds were only millions to one.

But there were several million people in that city in the time. So it was probably reasonable odds that a coincidence like that would happen to one of them. It just happened to be me. And there are 7 billion people in the world. So it is almost certain that everyday someone would experience a coincidence like that.

Does the topic frighten you? Is it that you need to be right and you can't be, so you simply ignore compelling information like that?

You can't deal with it, can you?

What is wrong with you? Why would it be frightening? It would be very exciting if some mysterious new thing were discovered. Why do some people assume that if anyone disagrees with them, they must be cared or angry. Bizarre.

And, no. I don't have any "need to be right". I have been wrong so often, I am quite used to it by now. And being told you are wrong is a great way to learn. I'm sure you can find plenty of threads on this forum where I have been corrected. I will usually thank the person and/or give them an up-vote.

You have real people claiming they have had experiences and you won't admit it's happening.

I don't deny the experiences. But we may disagree about the likelihood of different possible explanations. You seem willing to jump to the conclusion that it is something for which there is no real evidence, whereas I am more likely to think it is down to ordinary well-understood probabilities and psychological processes (see also: apophenia, confirmation bias, selective memory, false memory, etc. etc.)

There's a tight corner at one end of my street, and one of us in the car once observed that we always seem to meet another car coming the other way right at that corner. Once spoken, we started noticing it more often, until it actually seemed weird how often that corner attracted oncoming traffic. It's tight anyway, and sometimes cars are parked along one side, so you need to focus if you meet another car there. It's a pain, and it sticks in your mind for a bit. And every time it happened, we'd remember our observation and seem to pile up more evidence for some bizarre cosmic traffic probability vortex.

I knew what was happening, but I let myself be amazed by it for a while. Finally, I started logging it, and sure enough, we just weren't counting all the times the corner was clear. We encountered someone coming the other way about 1 in 8 times, nothing out of the ordinary.

DrP, Strange,

I Neither of you are reading what I wrote.

EVERY time I had an earthquake dream, I made sure to announce that dream and EACH time, the earthquake occurred the next day.

No remembering only the dreams that came true. No false alarms.

This is nothing like meeting someone in a foreign city. I don't think that is very significant. I've had hundreds like that.

And yes, DrP, I do know why coincidences occur,. Most appear to be statistically possible. But mine? I was reading a book about coincidences and as I read, "Lincoln's birthday", I heard EXACTLY in cadence and timing with my mental reading of the same words, "Lincoln's birthday". As if my mind was speaking from the radio. I literally jumped!

What was cool was how my hearing 'Lincoln is terminated' inside my head (schizophrenic style), that was a mystery to me why the word 'terminator' was used. But the following morning, I found out. EXACTLY as I was viewing the arrowheads that were labelled, 'Terminator', I heard the salesman across the store say "this is the gun Schwarzenegger used in the movie, 'Terminator'.

I'm awake enough to know that I'm not selectively cherry picking these things. I hear things on the radio all the time. I'm thinking about a subject, and I hear the same subject on the radio.

Just recently I hooked back up with a friend I hadn't seen in 37 years. Between calling him the first time and his calling me back, I watched a movie that featured a robin's egg blue 1970 Volvo 240 sedan. It was identical to my friend's car that he drove back in '78 when I last knew him. Yes, I could have been missing seeing that car all along. I might have seen it many times over the years and thought nothing of it. I'm only mentioning it here because it falls short of my own litmus test for being statistically significant.

The precognitive dream about being with a group in a nuke plant and having the alarm go off is fairly detailed.

The following day, the EXACT same thing actually happened, and in the plant that was xclosest to me, the Maine Yankee plant in Wiscasset, Maine. The story may still be available. I felt, before hearing the news, that I had had a very frightening and real dream.

I think there's a place for doubting claims of coincidences and then there's grasping for straws. To say my experiences are easily discounted as normal is certainly grasping for straws.

Edited by Dave Moore

I have had these experiences too (as I wrote above).. I was sleeping in the afternoon on secondment in Reading. The day before a friend and I had visited a sickly person in a home. I had a very vivid dream of meeting my pal there after waking and we were to see the old guy again... I woke up, went to the home and walked up exactly the same time as my pal came from the other direction.

I was once reading through some bible verses and I was interested to know what parts of the old testament prophesy the birth of Christ.. I let the pages fall open and it fell to Daniel... prophesying the birth of Christ, then it fell to a verse in Isiah, then it fell to 4 other references in the OT that talk of / predict the birth of Christ.... that's 6! 6 in a row... I think there might only be 6 references that prophesy his birth idk, but I got all 6 - one after the other at random by letting the pages fall open.

I once performed an exorcism in a student house that they all felt was haunted... I prayed in their kitchen for a sign to guide us, to let us know if we were barking up the wrong tree or if indeed the house was haunted - as soon as I asked the question the alarm on their oven went off. They all panicked - I told them not too as it could be 1 of 3 things.. 1- a coincidence that the thing went off just at the right time, 2 - God letting us know it was a ghost in the house, or 3 - something else entirely that we do not know. The girls panicked and said the alarm had never gone off before and that it was a ghost. I said they should not worry because if it was a ghost then God would not have told us it was there unless I could do anything about it and I performed the exorcism. Later that week I had some severely harsh dreams in which, at the time, I believed the majority of the spiritual warfare took place.

I once dreamed that I would cast a demon out of a man - a week later that man and I prayed together and I suggested his problem might be spiritual, I prayed to bind the demon and he had to run to the toilet doubling over and puked his ring.

I was talking at work about co-incidences and how that if I had a million dice in a bucket and threw them all at once off a skyscraper then, if given long enough, it would be a surprise if 1 million 6s did NOT turn up... they should and would eventually. Later that night I played a dice game with a different pal and I spoke of the conversation... the first 11 (or 18 - can't remember exactly) were 6's and we both had a spooky feel about it... but I then argued that it proved my point - it HAS to happen, otherwise it isn't random.. for it to be random, there must be these long runs of 1,000,000 6's in a row every xyz million years or so.

NONE of this proves or disproves anything other than coincidences DO happen. There have been hundreds and hundreds of times when this did not happen also, so what? Do we ignore the 1000 times we do not see a pattern and jump to the conclusion that there is a god or something supernatural going on when one turns up? I can explain every one of these occurrences in ways that do not involve the supernatural.... and I have many, many more similar stories. So what? New age people say I am spiritual, Christians would say I have gifts of the holy spirit, scientists might say I was deluded or just experiencing a string of coincidences. Maybe something IS going on which we do not understand, but I am pretty certain beyond doubt that it isn't the explanation given by Christians. I used to believe it was, but it just isn't. It's something else - mainly coincidence, maybe some hypersensitivity or something, I do not know... but I know what it isn't!

Re - the earthquakes - you missed what I wrote about not remembering dreams until our memory is jogged by the occurrence? Also - did you see my sub conscious start to exaggerate my own tale above? Was it 11, was it 18 time?... in twenty years time I might actually remember it as 18 throws... but who knows. My brother and I cut for a deal once and we cut to pairs about 7 or 8 times straight... it was crazy!... Was it supernatural? - of course not.

DrP, Strange,

I Neither of you are reading what I wrote.

I am. It just isn't very interesting.

EVERY time I had an earthquake dream, I made sure to announce that dream and EACH time, the earthquake occurred the next day.

No remembering only the dreams that came true. No false alarms.

What about all the days when you didn't dream of earthquakes. How many of those were followed by an earthquake? Don't know? Then your data is of no value.