• Lexx
    • Firefly
    • Battlestar Galactica (Old)
    • Battlestar Galactica (New)
    • Andromeda
    • Stargate: SG1
    • Stargate: Atlantis
    • Other

IMO things with same name are the same series(eg.Star Trek)

SUPERMAN and SMALLVILLE tell the same thing so they're same series

and the Matrix has 3 movies so it's series

P.S.Star Wars has many movies and video games so it's a series

This poll is for syndicated television series only.

In this context a series is a set of [seasons of] episodes featuring the same central characters and usually a central story arc.

The Star Trek series are therefore separate, Matrix and Star Wars are inelligible.

As I already said Superman stories are covered by "other", along with every other syndicated sci-fi show that is not on the list.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Farscape all the way. One of the most creative and unconventional shows out there. If you havent seen it, go rent the dvds, or best yet buy them. Season 1 is a little hard to get into, but the story really grows in the first season, but season 2 is where the show really takes off, and season 3 is just perfection, as well as season 4. It will make you laugh, cry, shout for joy,etc., it brings out the full range of emotions, and i gaurantee you tv wont be the same after you are finished watching farscape. It pretty much spoiled every other show for me. Farscape is by far my favorite but i also really liked the x-files ( i was quite obsessed when it was on), firefly, st:tng, babylon 5, etc., but they just dont compare to the originality that was farscape.

Star Trek is ONE series, not 5 series, OK?

what a waste!

STAR WARS, SUPERMAN/SMALLVILLE, the Matrix ain't there

you insult me!! [sob]

Star Wars and the Matrix are not series. Smallville falls under "other".

Star Trek is five series, or four if you don't count Enterprise.

The Matrix actually was a tv series i'm nto sure when it was. It was just called that though, it had nothing to do w/ the movie, and ironically Carrie-Anne Moss was also in that TV series

Oh, and Voyager was my favourite Star Trek series of them all...well all the ones i've watched

Is Serenity coming out soon??

http://www.fireflyfans.net/news.asp

http://www.serenitymovie.com/blog/index.php

Joss Whedon's Firefly is going to be a big movie !

Here's the latest from Joss:

Quote:

Well, sports fans, it's official. The movie is shot. Done. And I couldn't be happier to be through with it. No more of that exciting, vibrant set, that warm camaraderie, that creative stimulus, free donuts... Excuse me. I have something in my eye... free donuts...

Oh, there's things I'll miss. But there's definitely things I WON'T miss.

In no particular order:

1) Fillion. People who are prettier than me are not supposed to be funnier than me. I think it's a guild thing. And that whole 'gracious and professional' thing got old on day ONE, you know what I mean?

2) Cinematographer Jack Green. This guy lights stuff ALL THE TIME. Seriously, like eighty-three percent of the shots had light in them. He totally didn't get my "Just Like Radio" concept for the film.

3) The incessant meddling of the studio: where was it? We waited and waited, what, are they all too busy and important to take the time to ruin my little film? This is Hollywood, people. Learn our ways and customs while you're here. Sheesh.

Just a taste of the Hell I've been through. And being surrounded by beautiful women, and, let's face it, beautiful men, all of whom get along, work hard and play their characters with such ease and nuance it's clear they were born for the roles -- who needs that?

read more from the links

• 3 weeks later...

I lean towards B5.

While I enjoyed the various Trek Series, the big problem I had with them was that the humans were always right, always smarter, sneakier with the best tech.

In the B5 Universe, the humans were more human. Oh yes, and it was good to watch the characters evolve.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to go with TNG, as it attempted to tackle current issues (albeit in a general way) and defined a civilization closer to that which I would like to see in our future. As a plus, Bradburys' world was rich in somewhat plausible reality, and was based on current technology for the most part....gave it a more realistic feel.

• 4 weeks later...

B5.

ST:TNG, ST:TOS, and -DS9 all close seconds.

B5 had an environment ultimately more realistic than that of the Star Trek series'. It also had more genuine conflict, and more interesting aliens with more intricate independent agendas.

Geode

B5.

ST:TNG, ST:TOS, and -DS9 all close seconds.

B5 had an environment ultimately more realistic than that of the Star Trek series'. It also had more genuine conflict, and more interesting aliens with more intricate independent agendas.

Geode