"Nucular, it's pronounced nucular."

ydoaPs

basically, june 15th i sign on the dotted line and take a physical. after that, i am officially a nuclear engineer. about a year later, i will be a nuclear officer. they make sure the enlisted guys know what they are doing and don't blow the ship up. before i become an officer, i will be doing things in theoretical propulsion systems and such. i design and operate nuclear reactors and much much more :D

edit:i forgot to mention:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yes, we must united and fight for freedom. We must crush the evil-doers and American-haters, I encourage you, my fellow Americans, to stand up and do what's right, fight for freedom, fight for American against these acts of terrorism. The Axis of Evil must be stopped, and freedom must be preserved. Therefore, we must strike the terrorists before they can launch their weapons of mass destruction at us, and destroy our freedom. Because as American, we must fight for freedom. Join the army, and fight for American, fight for freedom...

Did I mention freedom?

If swansont gets to use his quantum Heisenbugs. You may know how fast they fly, but then you you'll never see 'em coming.

Wow @ 1337 Ph.D h4X0rs! swansont issh 2 imba, needs nerf! ph33r h15 1337 5kills </nerd>

As of June 15, I will be a nuclear engineer for the United States Navy. Go me :D

Congrats. Now its time to learn that NAVY stands for Never Again Volunteer Yourself. :)

Back in the late 80's I was an instructor at nuclear power school (it was in Orlando then), and head of the O-Physics department (teaching officers) for a year. (I understand they later combined the math and physics departments, and I imagine a lot of other things have changed) You'll be in class 6-7 hours a day; that's probably the same. Jolt cola (twice the caffeine and all the sugar!) was a very popular beverage. Get used to it, though. One boss I had once remarked that "any junior officer (on a boat) who gets more than 4 hours of sleep ain't doing his job." Then he wondered why I didn't want to sign up to be a student and drive subs.

Do they still do the interviews with the Admiral in charge of the Nuke program? I missed out on being interviewed by Rickover by a couple of years, but new a lot of guys who interviewed with him, and I heard lots of outrageous stories. He'd make some of the guys sing their school song, and if he didn't like your answer to some question, he'd make you stand in the closet to think about it.

As of June 15, I will be a nuclear engineer for the United States Navy. Go me :D

let me guess, it was too late for April Fools day, but that Good you couldn`t wait until next year? ;p

Guest infoterror

Sounds awesome. Does this mean you're a good man to see about getting off-grid electrical power?

Run 20 miles from any shore or he'll set the reactor to go critical and blow up.

One of the things you learn at nuke school is what critical means. All operating reactors "go critical," since it basically means that you are in steady-state.

Are you serious? I thought you were a highschool student......

i am.

swansont, i know thats not how it is pronounced. it is a homer simpson quote.

Character - homer
corner_tl.gif corner_tr.gif
tail.gif
Nucular; It's pronounced nucular.
corner_bl.gif corner_br.gif