Everything posted by dimreepr
-
A reverse panspermia
At least I know I'm stupid and freely admit the limits of my ability; pretending I'm clever just leads to someone like @joigus posting what he did (no hard feelings BTW)... I'm sure you have, somewhere, maybe in the evolution thread... But that's beside the point, because the answer is "42" or if you prefer "what's 6*7?"
-
A reverse panspermia
Way to miss the point, yet again; or are you being deliberately obtuse? That's just cheating at solitaire... 😉 Essentially, we have a moral obligation to plan for a purpose; a purpose you insist doesn't exist...
-
War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?
Indeed +1, no-one in this game wants an actual war...
-
A reverse panspermia
There-in lies your bias; I, also, respect the man immensley, but I also recognise that he's just a man; and as many women will testify, men are often wrong...
-
Climate modeling and decision milestones
If you let your bias think for you: one tends to think proof is needed, rather than evidence.
-
A reverse panspermia
Let me put it this way, no one is free from bias until they recognise that bias is part of every thinking thing; as I mentioned before: It seems we're not as special as your bias would suggest... 😉
-
What does 'emergent' mean in a physics context (split from Information Paradox)
Why do you ask?
-
War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?
I can't help but think that both side's are like that guy in the bar "hold me back hold me back, I'll f'ing kill him..." No one stands to win if I loose my grip...
-
A reverse panspermia
It's hard to argue with those kinda street smart's. Are you a Holden or a Ford guy?
-
The next Supreme Court judge
What is the other side of a double edged sword???
-
A reverse panspermia
OK then, what makes you think depth (not that I mentioned life at depth) has any bearing on their ability to evolve onto the surface? I can and have learned from giant's (that doesn't make them my teacher/priest), some of them are members of our forum, but I use my eyes to see beyond them. That doesn't diminish their contributions, it highlights them. Then you're fooling yourself, we all labour under the baggage of 'our/individual/unique' life, sometimes it light enough that we don't notice we're lugging it around; strict adherence to a method of lugging it around, doesn't mean you're not lugging baggage... But I have given you a mathematical reason, perhaps that will change the odds... https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-58347-1_2
-
A reverse panspermia
By which, I assume those that agree with you... We don't know what lives on our planet, yet; more species are discovered everyday (and that's a fact). What makes you so sure that we can detect a few billion microbe's on a planet 5 light year's away? Indeed, for instance: do you travel in space??? Me. But I hope it's you, everyday I wake up and read your reply; excited too see that you'll either: Blow my argument out of the water, and I'll learn something new. Or. You learn something new. I'm, sometimes, disappointed but one day, however improbable, it will happen for someone...
-
War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?
And they won't be too friendly if Putin invaded during the Olympics...
-
War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?
Sorry if I'm being thick, but doesn't NK and Iran demonstrate the futility of such a "mother of all bombs"?
-
A reverse panspermia
You stand convinced that your priest/teacher is better than mine, I'm just asking why. For instance, aren't we morally obliged (the federations 'prime directive' and various Bible's) to cause no harm?
-
War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?
I think peace is worth fighting for... Being a passivist wasn't an easy option for my grandfather, either... How many war's do we have to see fail, before we consider another option? Sure Putin might welcome this initially, but as Gandhi and Mandela have shown, there's few things more powerful than mutually assured peace.
-
War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?
-
A reverse panspermia
Is that why you don't seem to actually read my post's; everyone's a someone, even me. 😉 Nice post +1, IOW what's the point of asking the question, if we can't know the answer... How special do you think we are??? That you'd think we'll outlive our "us by date"...
-
Interspecies interactions
How can you tell, if you don't speak crab?
-
A reverse panspermia
You do know your many link's aren't citations, right? They're opinions from authority... A true scientist would question that opinion, not rely on it; if that's my philosophical baggage, I'm glad to carry it... 😇
-
The Copernican principle
Why do you assume you're human?
-
Politicians change Highway code...A poisoned chalice?
Indeed, it's always been the same for me; if I'm in charge of a vehicle, I'm not allowed to hit anyone with it...
-
A reverse panspermia
Science is about honest unbiased inquiry and then accepting the results of that inquiry, despite your expectation. Your method seems the reverse of that; it will probably yield the results I expect, therefore the possibility that I'm wrong is probably wrong; I wonder what they call that particular fallacy... What if the human tool is a virus best restricted to earth, and it's escape doomed the rest of the life out there; the only evidence we have is, we're trying our best to eliminate life not expand it. What's the point of doing such an experiment, if we'll never know the answer, as to whether it's a good or a bad idea?
-
Introspection within Dreams and the Distortion of the Conscious
Same you, different situation...😉 If I know I'm in a dream, there is no value to moral's...
-
Introspection within Dreams and the Distortion of the Conscious
How does a version of you differ from you?