BBC Reporting Of European Migration Issues

StringJunky

Oh come on you guys !

I may not agree with Sunshaker's views, but ANY cop would have done his due diligence and erred on the side of the greater good.

If that means one false arrest and confiscation ( an inconvenience ), as opposed to the killing and injuring of several young kids by a homemade bomb ( a tragedy ), I'm all for it.

And saying " but Christians do it too " when someone brings up Muslim atrocities is no justification.

They are both wrong !

I would not be concerned at all if a lot of these 'refugees' were aged or women and children, but a lot ( most ? ) seem to be young men. Like I've previously stated these are exactly what we westerners need, and I'm all for bringing them ( and their families ) into Canada, America or Europe. But surely a background security screening is justified ?

Oh come on you guys !

I may not agree with Sunshaker's views, but ANY cop would have done his due diligence and erred on the side of the greater good.

If that means one false arrest and confiscation ( an inconvenience ), as opposed to the killing and injuring of several young kids by a homemade bomb ( a tragedy ), I'm all for it.

And saying " but Christians do it too " when someone brings up Muslim atrocities is no justification.

They are both wrong !

I would not be concerned at all if a lot of these 'refugees' were aged or women and children, but a lot ( most ? ) seem to be young men. Like I've previously stated these are exactly what we westerners need, and I'm all for bringing them ( and their families ) into Canada, America or Europe. But surely a background security screening is justified ?

There was no suggestion of any threat from the clock. The claimed reason for the arrest was that it was a "fake bomb" but, since no such claim was made by anyone- it was a clock- he called it a clock, that reason is untenable.

It was known , by the police, at the time of the arrest, not to be a bomb.

So why the arrest?

When the police reaction is this "Irving police might still charge Ahmed with making a "hoax bomb." Police spokesperson James McLellan said Ahmed "kept maintaining it was a clock" when he was brought in for interrogation, but that he offered "no broader explanation." When asked by The Dallas Morning News what broader explanation Ahmed could have given for a clock that was actually a clock, McLellan said the creation "could reasonably be mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car." "

It is clear that they never thought it was a bomb; real or fake, but they were unable to answer a simple question about their reasoning.

And there's still this.

http://gawker.com/7-kids-not-named-mohamed-who-brought-homemade-clocks-to-1730999866?rev=1442419857794&utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

re"And saying " but Christians do it too " when someone brings up Muslim atrocities is no justification.

They are both wrong !"

is totally missing the point.

Of course they are both wrong. Nobody said otherwise.

The point is that it's not just Muslims who do bad things.

Are you aware that Nigel is- shall we say- not mainstream.

Fox news, on the other hand, is mainstream, but so bad that it leaves people more ignorant than when they started.

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5?IR=T

and, in this case they got it so stupidly wrong, they ended up getting threatened with legal action.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/12/paris-lawsuit-fox-news-reporting-no-go-zones-non-muslims

These are the people who told (at 1:48) the world that Birmingham (the UK's second biggest city) is a no-go area for non-Muslims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_zF7nbEvwY

Absolutely none of it is true.

And none of Sunshare's strange views have much to do with the BBC's reporting of immigration issues.

Perhaps a nice mod could split the thread.

Edited by John Cuthber

Absolutely none of it is true.

And none of Sunshare's strange views have much to do with the BBC's reporting of immigration issues.

Perhaps a nice mod could split the thread.

It is the lack of BBC's reporting that IS the ISSUE. They are not "strange views" they are "common views".

Should we not ask questions of what we are seeing and hearing through different forms of media?

Which is not being shown by the BBC who basically inform most Britains on whats happening around the world.

These are the people who told (at 1:48) the world that Birmingham (the UK's second biggest city) is a no-go area for non-Muslims.

There are many no go area's for non muslims, 1.10 in clip shows a white english girl wearing a short dress, she is told she cannot dress like that in a "Muslim area", what does this make that "Muslim area"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8fzcT7jHG8

"There are many no go area's for non muslims, 1.10 in clip shows a white english girl wearing a short dress, she is told she cannot dress like that in a "Muslim area", what does this make that "Muslim area"?"

The fact that she was there makes it clear that it isn't a "no-go" area doesn't it- or have you completely lost contact with reality.

A few blokes wandering round being rude to people isn't the same as taking over the world.

If a couple of white-trash blokes were acting like that (and they do) you would hardly notice it.

It doesn't make it a Muslim area- it makes it an area with a couple of arses- just like everywhere else.

BTW, re the English" girl, for a start it takes a capital letter. for an encore- the Muslims are English too.

It is the lack of BBC's reporting that IS the ISSUE. They are not "strange views" they are "common views".

Should we not ask questions of what we are seeing and hearing through different forms of media?

Which is not being shown by the BBC who basically inform most Britains on whats happening around the world.

There are many no go area's for non muslims, 1.10 in clip shows a white english girl wearing a short dress, she is told she cannot dress like that in a "Muslim area", what does this make that "Muslim area"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8fzcT7jHG8

You do realize that xenophobia sells very well, right? A lot of the scary images are simply made up. Here's some examples for you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-fake-refugee-images-that-are-being-used-to-distort-public-opinion-on-asylum-seekers-10503703.html

...post-79233-0-72130200-1443432812.jpg

You posted this, we are not even talking about christians,

I only made a comment to your picture jesus/muslims.

Are you really so ignorant that you think the Muslims did it? :doh: What am I thinking of course you are.

I am far from ignorant, the "ignorant" are posting silly pics of jesus talking about muslims, we are talking about the "PRESENT".

Obviously, since Mohammed wasn't born yet, that clearly wasn't down to the Muslims.

No, the next famous instalment of the Christians and Muslims interaction was the crusades.

I know when muhammed was born, and when others later wrote Quaran. it was just a dig at dimreepr's SILLY pic post.

It seems I am also talking to the "blinkered", there is a problem which should not be ignored.

Like I have said I have always believed in free travel between countries, but the likes of this have not been seen in our lifetimes, I really hope there can be a peaceful integration, which would then benefit us all,

But I do not believe it can happen in our lifetimes with the clash of cultures, maybe in 3 generations.

We're doomed: EU chief fears union will COLLAPSE over migrant crisis

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/607595/Migrant-crisis-EU-lost-control-borders-danger-collapse?ref=yfp

Like I said there IS a problem, But don't talk about it or your an "ignorant racist".

I would like to come back to this thread in 2020 and see the comments then.

We're doomed: EU chief fears union will COLLAPSE over migrant crisis

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/607595/Migrant-crisis-EU-lost-control-borders-danger-collapse?ref=yfp

Like I said there IS a problem, But don't talk about it or your an "ignorant racist".

Yes, there is a problem and yes it may well damage the EU.

But if you actually read what Donald Tusk said it was "the 28-member bloc was on the verge of breakdown with "recriminations and misunderstanding" pitting nations against one another."

Not a problem with the actual immigrants, but a problem with the various politicians arguing with eachother.

So, for example, with Mr Cameron essentially refusing to take any immigrants and leaving the other EU countries to handle the situation, he risks damaging the EU.

So what? His party hates it, so that's no shock.

We spent roughly 10 times more bailing out the banks than it would cost to buy all the immigrants a new house.

It's not going to bankrupt the EU by a very long way.

And if, as you claim "I really hope there can be a peaceful integration, which would then benefit us all,", why do you keep spreading this nonsense about them?

Why tell me that there are "no go" areas in the UK, when I know that there are not?

Why label every misdeed by as Muslim as a "Muslim" act?

Why the discriminatory and biassed language that leads you to say things like " a white english girl "

And why call me a liar?

(Had you thought I had forgotten about that?)

You posted this, we are not even talking about christians,

I only made a comment to your picture jesus/muslims.

I am far from ignorant, the "ignorant" are posting silly pics of jesus talking about muslims, we are talking about the "PRESENT".

No were talking about uninformed xenophobic racism, and the undeserved hatred against a religion; I have simply pointed out that everything you accuse of Muslims is also true of Christians.

You may think you’re not ignorant but that’s just the result of suffering from the Dunning/Kruger effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p033rkkz

We spent roughly 10 times more bailing out the banks than it would cost to buy all the immigrants a new house.

It's not going to bankrupt the EU by a very long way.

I agree about the bank/bankers/elite, they are also a large part of this problem, but that would take us to much of topic.

And if, as you claim "I really hope there can be a peaceful integration, which would then benefit us all,", why do you keep spreading this nonsense about them?

the title of thread is

BBC Reporting Of European Migration Issues

All I am saying is that there are many issues being reported by other outlets that are not being covered by the bbc, many of these are from ground zero recorded at the scenes by the common person with phones and camera's.

Why the discriminatory and biassed language that leads you to say things like " a white english girl "

Perhaps I could have said "non muslim girl" called a whore ,in British town told by muslims she should not where a short skirt in a "Muslim area", what is a "MUSLIM AREA"?.

And why call me a liar?

(Had you thought I had forgotten about that?)

?? unless you mean "Atheist/Muslim"?

No were talking about uninformed xenophobic racism, and the undeserved hatred against a religion; I have simply pointed out that everything you accuse of Muslims is also true of Christians.

You may think you’re not ignorant but that’s just the result of suffering from the Dunning/Kruger effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p033rkkz

Again with the name calling, All I am stating is that there are many sides to a story you cannot pick and choose, you must first look from ALL SIDES.

And if someone was arguing the side I am portraying, I would argue from the side you are portraying.

With your link

Britain First is a far-right political party which wants Islam to be banned and says it would hang its enemies if in power.

I do not agree with this in the slightest, but people are scared, the government says little of what is happening, people see all this scaremongering from all sides on social media. And when they ask questions they are shut down has "ignorant racist's".

Edited by sunshaker

Again with the name calling, All I am stating is that there are many sides to a story you cannot pick and choose, you must first look from ALL SIDES.

Ohhh the irony.

There’s a phrase in poker that seems appropriate “If you can’t see the fish, you are one”.

what is a "MUSLIM AREA"?.

?? unless you mean "Atheist/Muslim"?

"Muslim area" is a figment of those foolish young men's imagination.

Why are you talking about it as if it has some credibility?

And yes, I'm talking about the bit where you called me a liar.

Why did you think it was helpful to do that?

"Muslim area" is a figment of those foolish young men's imagination.

Why are you talking about it as if it has some credibility?

Muslim Mob chases cops from 'No Go' Zones in UK

There are many of these videos from Britain and all over the world, and it is still early days. So yes I think people do worry and have a right to voice their concern's..

Edited by sunshaker

UK police showing admirable restraint and not escalating a demo into a conflict.

You don't walk away backwards if you are being chased; you turn and run.

So, it looks like more outright falsehood.

Are you going to continue to ignore the fact that you called me a liar?

An apology and acceptance that you were flat out wrong would make you look slightly more credible.

Are you going to continue to ignore the fact that you called me a liar?

An apology and acceptance that you were flat out wrong would make you look slightly more credible

You don't ask for much do you?

If I was to turn to a friend and say your hair looks nice, have you had it cut? and she replied no, if I then was to say "it looks like you have had it cut.

Would I be calling her a liar?

But if being compared to a Muslim offends you, I apologize :unsure: .

Come on sunshaker, this time mean it, cough,cough, I apologize John.

But if being compared to a Muslim offends you, I apologize :unsure: .

No more so than being compared to a Christian, Jew, someone who actually beleives in Santa Claus etc.

But that's a complete straw man anyway isn't it?- because that's not what I complained about. I objected to being tacitly called a liar.

It's not like the hair cut analogy you have dragged up, not least because hair changes for reasons other than cutting,and that "looks nice" is entirely subjective.

It's like saying to someone whom you have never met, and who is talking about the fact that they are bald, that you think they are a red-head.

It's a direct contradiction of what I actually said.

And so, it's an assertion of dishonesty.

But, I guess that apology will have to do.

As far as I can tell, the silly claim did much more to damage your reputation that any effect it had on me.

When culture creates rights inequality then our protection should destroy the culture.

American women only make $.70 on the dollar compared to men. They have only had the right to vote for 100 years. At what level should cultural inequality be justification for genocide? How about rights violations against gays? Blacks? Mexicans?

American women only make $.70 on the dollar compared to men. They have only had the right to vote for 100 years. At what level should cultural inequality be justification for genocide? How about rights violations against gays? Blacks? Mexicans?

I am not against when religious people say that religion is useful , but only when they add that for backward people. Religious people should recognize that science is more important than their religion for humanity. Only then we can cooperate.