BBC Reporting Of European Migration Issues

StringJunky

I think someone else has already mentioned it, but us 1st world countries don't have enough kids, we're not even at replacement level, and our populations are aging.

Soon the cost to the small number of young working people will be too great to sustain the increased numbers of pensioned retired people.

The only solution is immigration, and accepting refugees seems to 'kill two birds with one stone'.

It provides working young people for us, and gives them a chance at a new life.

I think the problem Europe has is that for the most part they have a protectionist view of their heritage (typically summarized under the fuzzy concept of culture) with a xenophobic undertone. I.e. if "they" come in they will dilute "us" (with they being what is currently assumed to be foreign and us).

As such, integration has always been a bit of an issue in many parts as it is tricky to be accepted as part of the native population. I found countries that are more accepting of immigration (such as USA or Canada) do be easier feel comfortable in and feel to be a part of.

Despite the fact that the situation for asylum seeker is quite different (e.g. there is typically no official path to apply for asylum in many countries, IIRC) it creates the same issues. Moreover, there is also a disconnect as shown in OP what a refugee is and what they want. Many seem to have the idea of starving people bombed out of their huts and are outraged that those that arrive do not conform to that image and may even have cell phones! You have just imagine the situation if your country has been in a civil war, what would you take with you. Typically those with some more resources make it all the way to Europe and of course they will have means of communication and money.

The reasons is, as already mentioned is that refugees are not only trying to survive. Typically they want their life back, which may be running a small (or large) shop

or having some form of employment, not spending years in a camp. Failing that, they try to set up a new life elsewhere. I know that if I was fleeing war I would try to do that. Of course there are potential people living off welfare (though if they did go through perilous paths towards asylum at least they are motivated), but similar to all the reports on welfare abusers they are probably far less than people think.

I think the problem Europe has is that for the most part they have a protectionist view of their heritage

To be honest I think we have a number of dynasties which control an enormous amount of power within Europe. The top 1% makes a lot of the decisions. They may hide behind heritage as a method to their madness but in reality they care about power. If you look at how the assassination of one man Archduke Franz Ferdinand drove Europe into war it is absolute madness. Then after the war the Jews were blamed and along came Hitler to butcher them. So what do you think will happen if a Muslim extremist kills the wrong person? You know there was a christmas day in ww2 where neither side was willing to fight each other. They left their trenches and talked to each other. The very next day they were back killing each other not because they wanted to but because they were paid to.

Edited by fiveworlds

We have such a proud history, in England, of accepting refugees, after all the words origins begin here; what do we have to fear? And what has happened to our compassion that we’d rather see suffering than offer even the smallest handout? We so often harp back to the “war” and chastise/ridicule Germany for their part but here and now I’d be much prouder to be German than English.

75% of people who are not flooding Europe are NOT from Syria. If they're not from a war-torn country, then the whole mess is not a refugee crisis. It's an economic migration.

Where are the rest from?

If they are trying to escape other war zones and bombed out wrecks of countries, does it mater which ones?

Anyway, since they benefit our economy, why should I care where they are from

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21631076-rather-lot-according-new-piece-research-what-have-immigrants-ever-done-us

Edited by John Cuthber

75% of people who are not flooding Europe are NOT from Syria. If they're not from a war-torn country, then the whole mess is not a refugee crisis. It's an economic migration.

Citation needed.

But as John suggests, what does it matter? Refugee or ‘economic’ immigrant won't change the fact that they make a positive impact on the country they settle in.

That is absolute BS promoted by right wing rags. Their evidence? Many refugees use their cell phones to coordinate and many of them have sunglasses. They do have cell phones in the Middle East, and people had jobs and lives before they became refugees. It's like the BS trope about welfare recipients not being poor because they have refrigerators and microwaves.

What a load of crock i have read in this thread, Most of you live in cloud cookcoo land. There is no intergration, The west is being took over, 2/3 generations sharia law/islamic law will be the laws of the land.

Belgium is on the verge of being taken over, UK many towns are no go areas for white/christians(take a look at Luton).

No one minds helping those who are in need, but most muslims HATE US,HATE OUR LAWS,HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT OUR WAY OF LIVE,

My neighbour(10years) is a "moderate muslim" who I have got to know, but even he says we westerns should be worried,

What a load of crock i have read in this thread, Most of you live in cloud cookcoo land. There is no intergration, The west is being took over, 2/3 generations sharia law/islamic law will be the laws of the land.

Belgium is on the verge of being taken over, UK many towns are no go areas for white/christians(take a look at Luton).

No one minds helping those who are in need, but most muslims HATE US,HATE OUR LAWS,HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT OUR WAY OF LIVE,

My neighbour(10years) is a "moderate muslim" who I have got to know, but even he says we westerns should be worried,

Just how do about 5% of the UK population "take over"?

Since it's not possible, it's wrong.

The bit about Luton being (or having) a no-go area is a myth brought about by someone who is (in my opinion*) nuts

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/anders-breivik-trial-luton-residents-798424

* based on this sort of thing

"He was instead diagnosed as having narcissistic personality disorder" from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

It seems you're the one that hates...

http://www.swlondoner.co.uk/young-muslim-raises-thousands-poppy-appeal-wembley-stadium-honour-country-islam-teaches/

Just how do about 5% of the UK population "take over"?

Since it's not possible, it's wrong.

without us even noticing.

top boys names in uk 2014 https://interactive.guim.co.uk/tools/tables/embed/index.html?spreadsheet=16BwSSlqUUsa5itsEt2PGp4Wr0-qi4afODGmHeV8rPj0

1/Oliver 6,649

14/muhammed 3,588

27/mohammed 2,536

56/mohammad 1,116

These are just a few spelling of just "muhammed".

LUTON "ALL NON MUSLIMS ARE DESTINED TO HOUSE OF FIRE, This also means YOU if you are non muslim.

i would welcome with open arms if they come in peace and want to integrate, (even if it meant i had less money), but they do not want to integrate. and they HATE our cultures.

I believe in freedom of movement but not invasion.

Edited by sunshaker

Did you actually read the data on that page you cited?

Here's the top 5

1 Oliver 6,649 No change
2 Jack 5,804 No change
3 Harry 5,379 No change
4 Jacob 5,050 No change
5 Charlie 4,642 No change
And, as you can see, no spelling of Muhammed is in there and the top 5 names haven't changed because there isn't a "takeover".
The video starts by saying there are at least 30 mosques in Luton. There simply are not.
​The "rationality" of the motley crew of marchers is indicated by them yelling "How dare they take our women".
Well, nobody did- you can tell- the women are still there. One woman was questioned by police, after her husband broke the law.
Seriously, if the best you can do is some propaganda video that's packed with obviously false statements, it's time you gave up.
For the record, Stacey Dooley is a dab hand at sensationalism.

Did you actually read the data on that page you cited?

Here's the top 5

1 Oliver 6,649 No change
2 Jack 5,804 No change
3 Harry 5,379 No change
4 Jacob 5,050 No change
5 Charlie 4,642 No change

if you read my post muhammed is not in top 5, but it is 14, 27, 56 with slightly different spelling, making "mu/ohammed the number1 name.

The video starts by saying there are at least 30 mosques in Luton. There simply are not.

26 Mosques in Luton https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAAahUKEwjqp7zalZfIAhWEcRQKHRxXD8o&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmosques.muslimsinbritain.org%2Fshow-browse.php%3Ftown%3DLuton&usg=AFQjCNGh6ynVneSRZJuc2eU4H_cm535uCA&sig2=7WNLE_7wFX6n9ZJtsvvEYw

There are 383 Mosques in the City of London alone, a figure that is rising rapidly all the time. While there are still more standing Churches in the city, it is fair to speculate that the number of active Mosques (that is to say, Mosques which attract large and faithful congregations) already surpasses the number of active Churches.

There are 59 Mosques in Leicester, with the growth of the local Muslim population there causing a correlating decrease in the number of Christian institutions (churches in Leicester are closing at a higher rate than the national average). A similar picture can be painted of Bradford (80 Mosques), Birmingham (161 Mosques) and Sheffield (33 Mosques).

​The "rationality" of the motley crew of marchers is indicated by them yelling "How dare they take our women".
Well, nobody did- you can tell- the women are still there. One woman was questioned by police, after her husband broke the law.
Seriously, if the best you can do is some propaganda video that's packed with obviously false statements, it's time you gave up.
For the record, Stacey Dooley is a dab hand at sensationalism.

if you even just watch first 5min video, it matters not what you believe of "stacey dooley" it comes out of the mouths of muslims,

demonstrating because a wife of A "BOMBER" IN STOCKHOLM WAS ARRESTED AND SEARCHED".

Chanting "police go to hell" great John you agree with this?

Also as they state "if the law of the land is not Islamic those who make it or follow it can go to hell".(not sensationalism, but from their own mouths)

WAKE UP JOHN!, unless you no longer care about OUR cultures/rights we have built up over the years with our sweat and blood.

I am not against immigration, but I do not want to lose all the freedoms we have fought for, because of this archaic religion.

i would welcome with open arms if they come in peace and want to integrate, (even if it meant i had less money), but they do not want to integrate. and they HATE our cultures.

I’ve already shown this to be false; don’t forget hate begat HATE (Don’t tell me, you voted UKIP and support the EDL?).

And you obviously wouldn’t “welcome them with open arms” because your hate filled rhetoric is just an excuse to turn your back on the suffering of others.

I believe in freedom of movement but not invasion.

There is, obviously to all but the ignorant, no invasion you’re just conflating economic migration with refugees fleeing war and is nothing more than xenophobia. People who migrate for economic reasons almost always benefit the country financially and so deserve our thanks, refugees simply don’t want to die in a war inspired by hate and deserve our help and compassion; FFS break the cycle, try a little understanding.

If you desperately needed help would you hate your benefactor or be grateful (psychology and history tells us it’s the latter)? Your fear, of a future you can’t possibly know, is only helping to create it.

I’ve already shown this to be false; don’t forget hate begat HATE (Don’t tell me, you voted UKIP and support the EDL?).

And you obviously wouldn’t “welcome them with open arms” because your hate filled rhetoric is just an excuse to turn your back on the suffering of others.

There is, obviously to all but the ignorant, no invasion you’re just conflating economic migration with refugees fleeing war and is nothing more than xenophobia. People who migrate for economic reasons almost always benefit the country financially and so deserve our thanks, refugees simply don’t want to die in a war inspired by hate and deserve our help and compassion; FFS break the cycle, try a little understanding.

If you desperately needed help would you hate your benefactor or be grateful (psychology and history tells us it’s the latter)? Your fear, of a future you can’t possibly know, is only helping to create it.

Wake up,

No I did not vote UKIP, BUT I WISH I HAD.

Do some research on the no go areas in france, sweden, Uk, and most european countries, THE BRUTAL RAPES of europeans because they are not "muslim".

Refugees in sweden rape swedish women because they are "whores" whore means any "non muslim woman"

Yes I am afraid, We should all be afraid of what is happening, nothing is being broadcast by the BBC OR world media of what is truly happening.

LIKE I SAID IT IS AN ARCHAIC RELIGION, If you are not "muslim" you are NOTHING to them.

if you read my post muhammed is not in top 5, but it is 14, 27, 56 with slightly different spelling, making "mu/ohammed the number1 name.

26 Mosques in Luton

demonstrating because a wife of A "BOMBER" IN STOCKHOLM WAS ARRESTED AND SEARCHED".

Chanting "police go to hell" great John you agree with this?

Also as they state "if the law of the land is not Islamic those who make it or follow it can go to hell".(not sensationalism, but from their own mouths)

WAKE UP JOHN!, unless you no longer care about OUR cultures/rights we have built up over the years with our sweat and blood.

I am not against immigration, but I do not want to lose all the freedoms we have fought for, because of this archaic religion.

At best, you have proved that the followers of Islam are a bit unoriginal when it comes to (boys') names.

Since the Mohammeds are massively outnumbered by the others, you have also shown that they are a small minority- we already knew that.

If you still think that 27 is more than 30, go find a maths teacher.

Would I agree that "the police should go to hell" well I'm an atheist so the question's a bit thin on meaning but if I saw the police doing this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

or this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34272642

or this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Orgreave

then I'd certainly not think they deserved a place in heaven.

And, if you look at things like arrest rates in the UK then they seem to have a point about the police not acting fairly- don't forget these are not the jerks going out and getting pissed or taking drugs- those are generally the same "group" as the police.

Incidentally, Christianity is something like 1400 years more ARCHAIC than Islam.

Why do you think that matters?

But the real question is why are you listening to the words of a few nutters?

It's as silly as saying that all Christians are murderous heathens because you have heard this lot of unrepresentative twits.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Incidentally, Christianity is something like 1400 years more ARCHAIC than Islam.

Why do you think that matters?

But most christians have long since stopped the old "eye for an eye" mentality. their religion has moved on to reflect the times.

WE HAVE MOVED ON SINCE 10 COMMANDMENTS.

That is has fake as f*CK, STAGED, His sister tried the same "trick" a few years before and got suspended.

he built nothing "a clock from internet" him and parents knew what would happen taking this to school.

Photos of him in cuffs FAKE fake fake in fake nasa t shirt.

I believe John you are a "muslim". you care nothing about europeans/americans but will defend Islam to the death. unless you live in a cave?

Belgium to become an Islamic country by 2030 ? Sharia law in Belgium ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjL31sdtzo

Edited by sunshaker

Wake up,

No I did not vote UKIP, BUT I WISH I HAD.

Do some research on the no go areas in france, sweden, Uk, and most european countries, THE BRUTAL RAPES of europeans because they are not "muslim".

Refugees in sweden rape swedish women because they are "whores" whore means any "non muslim woman"

Yes I am afraid, We should all be afraid of what is happening, nothing is being broadcast by the BBC OR world media of what is truly happening.

LIKE I SAID IT IS AN ARCHAIC RELIGION, If you are not "muslim" you are NOTHING to them.

I can’t defend that but can you defend this.

The Catholic sex abuse cases are a series of allegations, investigations, trials, and convictions of child sexual abuse crimes committed byCatholic priests, nuns, and members of Roman Catholic orders against boys and girls, some as young as 3 years old

Rape is abhorrent but it’s not a cultural issue it’s a human issue.

Edited by dimreepr

I can’t defend that but can you defend this.

Rape is abhorrent but it’s not a cultural issue it’s a human issue.

There are sick minded people everywhere, but Islam/muslim is a sick religion. Their religion is their law, THEIR RELIGION SAYS IT IS ALRIGHT TO HAVE SEX WITH MATURE 6/7/8/9 YEAR OLDS.

MUSLIM ANJEM CHOUDARY SAYS 9 YEAR OLD GIRLS ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO HAVE SEX WITH

not everything is about racism, it is ABOUT what is right or wrong, and this archaic religion is wrong and growing stronger while we all look the other way, scared of being branded racist.

One man with extreme views does not a religion make:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

http://www.seesharppress.com/20reasons.html

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/DebunkingChristians/Page2.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/us/tally-of-attacks-in-us-challenges-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html?_r=0

"Sex before marriage is not permissible in Islam. Marriage in Islam requires a "nikah" (contract) children cannot sign contracts. Hence marriage can only be between man and woman".

That is has fake as f*CK, STAGED, His sister tried the same "trick" a few years before and got suspended.

he built nothing "a clock from internet" him and parents knew what would happen taking this to school.

Photos of him in cuffs FAKE fake fake in fake nasa t shirt.

I believe John you are a "muslim". you care nothing about europeans/americans but will defend Islam to the death. unless you live in a cave?

Presumably you think this is fake too

http://www.todayszaman.com/diplomacy_turkish-pm-meets-us-student-arrested-over-homemade-clock_399949.html

And someone had better tell the White house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3237268/Muslim-teen-14-arrested-homemade-clock-gets-support-Obama-Mark-Zuckerberg-NASA-engineers-police-announce-won-t-press-charges.html

And, you need to learn to read; When I say I'm an atheist that actually rules out the idea that I'm a Muslim.

Oddly, I don't live in a cave, I live in a democracy (well- of sorts)- one where people's beliefs are respected (well, most of the time).

I even care enough about Europeans and Americans to not only give them capital letters, but to realise that some of them are Muslims.

Presumably you think this is fake too

http://www.todayszaman.com/diplomacy_turkish-pm-meets-us-student-arrested-over-homemade-clock_399949.html

And someone had better tell the White house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3237268/Muslim-teen-14-arrested-homemade-clock-gets-support-Obama-Mark-Zuckerberg-NASA-engineers-police-announce-won-t-press-charges.html

And, you need to learn to read; When I say I'm an atheist that actually rules out the idea that I'm a Muslim.

Oddly, I don't live in a cave, I live in a democracy (well- of sorts)- one where people's beliefs are respected (well, most of the time).

I even care enough about Europeans and Americans to not only give them capital letters, but to realise that some of them are Muslims.

YES FAKE, The first time this picture was aired I thought fake, when do they allow juveniles to have a photo taken in cuffs at school? you can see the movement of someones hand placing him in position.

post-79233-0-09153500-1443380247_thumb.jpg

within days "after the white house invite", we hear is sister was suspended for bomb threat.

http://allenbwest.com/2015/09/muslim-clock-kids-sister-was-previously-suspended-for/

Then the tech experts come out and prove clock was a fake,

THERE IS MORE TO THIS "STORY" THAN WE YET KNOW. (TIME WILL TELL).

THEN CAME YEARS OF CHRISTIANS FED TO LIONS, AND CRUCIFIED,

OK so, because they persecuted his sister for no reason “I got suspended from school for three days from this stupid same district, from this girl saying I wanted to blow up the school, something I had nothing to do with.”

you somehow deduce that it's fake and part of your reason is "when do they allow juveniles to have a photo taken in cuffs at school? "

Well the clear answer is "when they are arses who arrest Muslims for no reason".