My revelation on infinity

studiot

Whilst in the garden this afternoon I had a revalation.

There is one thing in this universe that is truly infinite (that is it never ends)

Weeding.

The d_mn things grow faster than I can remove them.

:)

There is one thing in this universe that is truly infinite (that is it never ends)

Weeding.

You are probably breaking up the rhizomes into ever smaller pieces each time you weed and each piece can become a plant. They need removing surgically when the soil is well moist. You could use a burner if you want to be lazy and scorch them dead.

But yeah, weeds=infinity

Funny that ... I had a different, though equally valid, revelation on the infinite on a training ride this afternoon; "if I am honest - how much training is enough"

When you think you can win. Use your timer to measure your best training time and put that against the desired competitive time. If you equal it or beat it, that's enough.

Edited by StringJunky

Weeding.

That would be a bounded infinity (insert proper mathematical name) like the infinite fractions present between the numbers 1 and 2

right? Not like an infinity of whole numbers between 0 and infinity? So is your bounded weed infinity within your garden same size as an infinity in a bigger garden or is it smaller? I hope Im making sense.

You are probably breaking up the rhizomes into ever smaller pieces each time you weed and each piece can become a plant. They need removing surgically when the soil is well moist. You could use a burner if you want to be lazy and scorch them dead.

But yeah, weeds=infinity

Hey, I said weeding, not growing weed.

But yeah, weeds=infinity

When you think you can win. Use your timer to measure your best training time and put that against the desired competitive time. If you equal it or beat it, that's enough.

I like that burning idea.

Gives a whole new meaning to the old term, Scorched Earth Policy.

In Texas we have this especially pernicious and resilient weed called nut grass. Impervious to Glyphosate, even. It has to be removed mechanically and carefully just as you described.

Tis the bane of my gardening existence.

Along with the squirrels who nick my tomatoes.

I like that burning idea.

Gives a whole new meaning to the old term, Scorched Earth Policy.

In Texas we have this especially pernicious and resilient weed called nut grass. Impervious to Glyphosate, even. It has to be removed mechanically and carefully just as you described.

Tis the bane of my gardening existence.

Along with the squirrels who nick my tomatoes.

Here's a few burners for ideas. You can get triple ones as well. You only need to heat the weeds up to kill them... no need to burn them to a frazzle. If you do this when the weeds are just popping out the ground after going over it once and removing the big weeds with a fork there's no need to dig subsequently after that. Just start a scorched Earth policy. :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=weed+burner&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=185256221647&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8554128262608933104&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046596&hvtargid=kwd-171440836&ref=pd_sl_5xxgkwgiv7_e

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=propane+burner+torch+triple&tbm=shop&spd=16263989596563634274

For big areas, a triple: http://gasproducts.co.uk/bullfinch-135p-extended-torch-kit.html?gclid=CMaAh8mNudMCFQ4R0wodJi0EZA

Edited by StringJunky