hijack from limit to positive infinity of x minus x

Sensei

I am functional analysist and I think I am expert of basic analysis

I am starting losing patience "how good expert you're in everything".....

Repeated over and over in every section of forum in the almost the all posts..

And everybody know I have almost infinite patience.. ;)

At the same time your English looks worser than automatically translated by Google.

"Experts" don't have Firefox/Chrome with English dictionary and automatic spell checker?

Top two replies to this thread were questions for clarification what OP meant, not replies with ready solutions.

Edited by Sensei

Dear HallsofIvy ;

one of my nice friend (that I trust him) (Studiot) have warned and given me some instructions about you and your academic career.

I apologise if you thought I used tension.

now I know you and I am going to fold some instructions.

if you thought something did not match with ethics of science ,I apologise.

once again ,I do not care so much (sensitively) to faults which are not relevant gramatical errors. But as it expressed, I will check forum's rules one more time and more carefully.

Kind Regards

Edited by blue89

In Christianity there are seven deadly sins.

One of the them is proud, proudness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

Americans (US citizens, usually poorly educated) often say "I am proud of [here some meaningless thing]".

Like "I am proud of my country" (if somebody would say so in front of me, I would show him/her comparison of imprisoned persons in US vs other western countries f.e.)

But you should not mimic this behavior.

Reverse to proudness is humbleness and modesty.

If you know something good enough, it'll be simply visible in quality of your responses.

Saying "I am expert, listen to me! [...]" is devastating your reputation.

People like Mordred, Studiot and Strange, spend a lot of time replying for people posts, and searching for resources and materials supporting their words on the Internet.

It's visible in quality of their replies.

Edited by Sensei

In Christianity there are seven deadly sins.

One of the them is proud, proudness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

I am surprised that you give a reference to wiki but don't appear to have read it yourself. The modern word "pride" does not have the same connotations as the original sin which is better translated as "hybris". If you were proud of your child winning a sporting medal, that would hardly constitute a cardinal sin, would it?

On the other hand, posting that you have a degree from Istanbul and therefore by inference you must be right is seriously ludicrous.

Edited by DrKrettin

On the other hand, posting that you have a degree from Istanbul and therefore by inference you must be right is seriously ludicrous.

Sensei is not the poster from Istanbul, that's Blue89. Sensei is the poster who doesn't like Americans.

I love studiot because I regard his personality ,I think he is entertaining & sucessfull ,look he is too older than me , but he feel confident generally ,and I could not see any expression which might define bad manner yet belonging studiot. I think something more about studiot.

Strange ,He seems a bit intelligent ,but I have no enough information about this to decide.

all in all I believe your expresion must not be correct above, and ....of course I LOVE EVERYONE AND FEEL PROUDLY TO EXPRESS THIS..

what a problem??

But the thing that I also I know all these contexts there are off-topic which we are talking about them and I did not cause this , furthermore I have no enough time at all.

apologies ,if I mentioned something which is incorrect

I also think you do not like americans why look what you said ,I am quoting

(US citizens, usually poorly educated)

this may not be correct,look I would be only at harvard ,because I think this is respective university,but harvard located at america..(US)

Edited by blue89

It would be a real shame for several posters who have each contributed something worthwhile here to fall out with each other.

For some English is not their first language and their posts are sometimes not quite what they meant as a result.

We should all try to compensate for this.

Here are two examples, at least one of which, may have lead to misunderstanding

One of the them is proud, proudness

Obviously the word is pride not proud.

but here a word is perhaps missing??

(US citizens, usually poorly educated)

Did the poster really mean

US citizens, usually poorly educated ones?

bearing in mind that every country has well educated and poorly educated citizens.

Did the poster really mean

US citizens, usually poorly educated ones?

The poster in question was criticizing the behavior of another poster and used as an example the alleged bad behavior of some Americans.

I don't think that's appropriate no matter what nationality was named. I expressed myself on the matter and I reiterate my displeasure with that comment. It has no place here. There is no language issue. Sensei said exactly what he meant. The question is why he said it. I await his response.

bearing in mind that every country has well educated and poorly educated citizens.

Then why single out one particular country?

Edited by wtf

!

Moderator Note

I will add that this hijack is incredibly inappropriate, in several ways. Although we conduct our discussions in English, many for participants here this is not their native language. Deal with it. There is no malice involved when such a person imperfectly expresses themselves.

Bringing religion into it to make a personal attack is against the rules. Further, slurs against groups of people are against the rules. That this continued is why I'm splitting this odious mess off into the trash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.