Nominations for stupidest political act of the year so far...

imatfaal

Now do you believe that meeting was a discussion about the "grandkids" or not? - I'm sure that was part of it, yes.

Were you lied to? - Probably, but selectively omission is not always the same as a lie

Do you have respect for people who lie to you? - It depends, people earn and lose my respect for different reasons. It's not quite so black and white, IMO

Now do you believe that meeting was a discussion about the "grandkids" or not? - I'm sure that was part of it, yes.

Were you lied to? - Probably, but selectively omission is not always the same as a lie

Do you have respect for people who lie to you? - It depends, people earn and lose my respect for different reasons. It's not quite so black and white, IMO

You should be careful when the truth becomes a casualty to your cause.

Are you still planning to vote for Trump? If so, how do you justify the above?

I really haven't made up my mind yet. I am seriously considering the Libertarian ticket. Both Johnson and Weld have executive branch experience as former governors. The problem with voting libertarian is that it is likely the equivalent of voting for Hillary. I simply can't be part of letting Hillary Clinton become president. She is a pathological liar. She would lie if the truth sounded better just to stay in practice. Trump on the other hand is a business man. Like many people in business, they have business ventures that go bad. Ted Turner is a good example. I don't however find him to be a pathological liar.

I really haven't made up my mind yet. I am seriously considering the Libertarian ticket. Both Johnson and Weld have executive branch experience as former governors. The problem with voting libertarian is that it is likely the equivalent of voting for Hillary. I simply can't be part of letting Hillary Clinton become president. She is a pathological liar. She would lie if the truth sounded better just to stay in practice. Trump on the other hand is a business man. Like many people in business, they have business ventures that go bad. Ted Turner is a good example. I don't however find him to be a pathological liar.

You are describing almost every politician, are you really gonna vote for an egotistical idiot/xenophobe.

You should be careful when the truth becomes a casualty to your cause.

I caution you not to conflate my suggestion that respect is a complex issue not easily placed into simple black and white categories with this suggestion you've just made here about truth becoming a casualty to ones cause.

You are describing almost every politician, are you really gonna vote for an egotistical idiot/xenophobe.

If I'm describing almost every politician, we have a big problem don't we? Voting for Trump is a great way of saying we are tired of the problem. Also, most politicians haven't reached the pathological lying status that Hillary has. Also she has no accomplishments. Only disasters.

I caution you not to conflate my suggestion that respect is a complex issue not easily placed into simple black and white categories with this suggestion you've just made here about truth becoming a casualty to ones cause.

When you are wrong, everything is complex.

Trump on the other hand is a business man.

So how do we educate the average US citizen about the situation as it stands, where business is woefully under-regulated, from banking to bad water, and has been given too free a hand for many decades, resulting in the current unbalanced, un-American system where money and corporate influence overwrites fair market practices? It seems clear that we have given too much leeway to business, so how do we prevent the ignorant from electing other-hand businessman Trump when we clearly need to adjust our capitalist behavior away from weasels like him?

Voting for Trump Leave is a great way of saying we are tired of the problem.

FTFY.

If I'm describing almost every politician, we have a big problem don't we? Voting for Trump is a great way of saying we are tired of the problem. Also, most politicians haven't reached the pathological lying status that Hillary has. Also she has no accomplishments. Only disasters.

The lesser of two evils is good enough for now.

It's a bit like wanting to eat at a 5-star restaurant as your ideal option, arriving to realize it only has 3-stars and doesn't serve your favorite soda, and in response walking out yelling, "Fine, I'll just eat from the dumpster instead."

EDIT: Trump is the dumpster, and it's full of dog shit and toxic waste, and it's on fire

Edited by iNow

The lesser of two evils is good enough for now.

I agree, that's why I'll vote for Trump over Hillary.

It's a bit like wanting to eat at a 5-star restaurant as your ideal option, arriving to realize it only has 3-stars and doesn't serve your favorite soda, and in response walking out yelling, "Fine, I'll just eat from the dumpster instead."

It's more like ordering at a 5-star restaurant and they serve you from the dumpster and you are supposed to pretend to not notice. How can you listen to Hillary's lies and not notice. FBI director Comey spent the whole day telling congress how much of a liar Hillary is. The grieving parents of Hillary's Benghazi disaster have been telling you how much of a liar Hillary is. Even Archibald Cox said Hillary was a liar.

But don't worry you can keep your guns.

I don't worry about keeping my guns because the right to keep and bear arms is one of my natural inalienable rights. Who cares what the government does or says about guns. The government is my servant not my master.

How can you listen to Hillary's lies and not notice.

Nothing I've posted here should incline you to believe or suggest I've not noticed.

Again though, if truth is your decision metric then suggesting Trump is somehow better erases any credibility you might have in this exchange and makes you little more than a hypocrite.

I don't worry about keeping my guns because...

The topic of guns has nothing to do with what we're discussing and is a red herring. Not interested in chasing it. Edited by iNow

To be fair, we should have a thread for smartest political move of the year so far. Which reminds me, I'm hoping to find sponsors for a bill to use the children of GOP politicians to test the Zika virus....

To be fair, we should have a thread for smartest political move of the year so far. Which reminds me, I'm hoping to find sponsors for a bill to use the children of GOP politicians to test the Zika virus....

That says a lot about you.

The topic of guns has nothing to do with what we're discussing and is a red herring. Not interested in chasing it.

Why scold me. I didn't bring the topic up.

Nothing I've posted here should incline you to believe or suggest I've not noticed.

Glad to see that you agree that Hillary Clinton is a liar.

Does it take a lot of effort to so consistently move the goal posts? You must be exhausted... Edited by iNow

Why aren't you demanding that your party leaders stop sacrificing other people's children for their political gain? Why? Why?

That says a lot about you.

I simply demand that my political leaders defend my rights. You are the one requesting that your political leader infect the children of their political opponents with a life threatening and debilitating disease. Perhaps you should try to stay on topic.

76% of Trumps statements are false or mostly false, compared to 27% for Clinton. While neither candidate has a monopoly on fibbing, Trump is a clear market leader in bullshit.

I simply demand that my political leaders defend my rights. You are the one requesting that your political leader infect the children of their political opponents with a life threatening and debilitating disease. Perhaps you should try to stay on topic.

Or, I'm trying to show what the shoes look like on your feet. I can't figure out why on Earth decent people who claim to be Christians are playing politics with this potentially catastrophic disease. Can you tell me why the GOP is delaying funding for Zika research so they can remove support for birth control at a time when that might help fight the disease? Couldn't they find a better way to hurt poor people?

I simply demand that my political leaders defend my rights.

How do you feel about Trump's propsed total ban on Muslims entering the US, given it rather thoroughly violates the first amendment?

Or, I'm trying to show what the shoes look like on your feet. I can't figure out why on Earth decent people who claim to be Christians are playing politics with this potentially catastrophic disease. Can you tell me why the GOP is delaying funding for Zika research so they can remove support for birth control at a time when that might help fight the disease? Couldn't they find a better way to hurt poor people?

YOU want to have Children intentionally infected with a horrible disease. Maybe you should find a mirror, look yourself in the eye, and say out loud...

I'm hoping to find sponsors for a bill to use the children of GOP politicians to test the Zika virus....

Maybe you should call your mom on the phone. Perhaps she can explain to you where your logic and morals have gone horribly wrong.

Does it take a lot of effort to so consistently move the goal posts? You must be exhausted...

So you notice that she lies, but you don't think that makes her a liar?

Maybe you could provide a logical syllogism that shows that someone who lies is not a liar.