Our mind.

curiousone

isn't the concept of mysticism a thing or identifiable set of principles that seem inherently unknowable to a logic based observer, and not something created by it, only perceived as to it's general ability to allow some functionality within the knowable universe ?

the concept of nirvana seems traditionally a "preferred state" of existence to a proposed afterlife, as an idealization of that life, and a subset of perceived mystic potentialities used to protect the emotional state from fear of death in this case.

Edited by hoola

isn't the concept of mysticism a thing or identifiable set of principles that seem inherently unknowable to a logic based observer, and not something created by it, only perceived as to it's general ability to allow some functionality within the knowable universe ?

No...

Gees

Your cod-psychoanalysing is embarrassing to you and insulting to me - please stop.

Just to have some idea what that cod word means

Psychoanalysis is "a method of analyzing psychic phenomena and treating emotional disorders that involves treatment sessions during which the patient is encouraged to talk freely about personal experiences and especially about early childhood and dreams." (From Merriam-Webster online)

"Cod-psychoanalysis" refers to the type of cheap psychoanalysis attempted by people who don't know what they're talking about. This is common among (and almost required of) anyone who has ever taken an Intro to Psychology class. Usually this isn't aimed at "treatment," but rather involves one person telling another (usually in a pretentious tone) exactly what is wrong with their personality and/or emotional development. (The second person might respond, "Don't spout that cod psychoanalysis to me!")

In that article, it probably refers to Harry PRESUMING to know what's going on in Voldemort's head.

https://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070628162522AAEGiwv

I think we get the picture.

Imatfaal;

Please consider my following thoughts:

Gees

Your cod-psychoanalysing is embarrassing to you and insulting to me - please stop.

It certainly was not my intent to insult you -- or anyone else.
From what I have seen in this forum, it would be fair to say that you are not enamored of psychology. If it were 100 years ago, your opinions might actually be valid, but psychology has made great strides in mapping out the different aspects of mind in the last 100 years.
Many people see the "mental" as unknowable, as something that is mysterious and can not be understood, but this is not so. Just as physical things have sources, and rules that govern what can and can not be, so does the mental. Our thoughts come from somewhere, our feelings come from somewhere, so psychology is mapping out the sources and studying the rules that govern the mental. To exclude psychology from a thread that studies mind, would be like excluding physics from a thread on matter, or excluding biology from a thread on life forms -- a foolish position.
When I was talking about an unconscious association, I was talking about mapping out the sources of thought -- this is NOT psychoanalysis -- cod or otherwise. Psychoanalysis studies a deeper motivation, the why of our individual reactions or thoughts, the reasons behind the fears, or the experiences that cause us to react the way we do. It is a very individualized study of a specific person, not a general acknowledgment of how thought works within the mind.
Now, if I stated that I think that someone has Mommy or Daddy issues that are affecting their thinking -- THAT would be cod-psychoanalysing.
Do you see the difference? Psychology studies mind; psychoanalysis is a study or analysis of a specific individual's mind.
Gee

IF the mind consists of 3 roughly independent co-processors sharing internal and external sensory inputs, that is a problem over and above problems what "normal mammalian" brains have, as within,say a dog..... the intellect is not yet developed, and with only two "orbiting bodies", the association is more stable in relative terms as a direct analogy to the 3 body problem. Also inferred is the issue of entanglements...with 2 entangled mental states (if such states can become chaotically and momentarily entangled), what happens when another state enters the overall physiologic structure, as in the human mind, forcing these mammalian structures into a new and perhaps novel arrangement? I use the entanglement term loosely, mostly as an analogy to cross communications between states in a "make and break" type connection, with the awareness shifting within the arrangement, and modifying these psuedo-entanglements by "close observation"