earth nature needs humans to survive red sun phase? (earth burns in 7 billion years? nature out in space?)

Alkaloids03

Hi,

You know in like 7 billion years the sun will come in contact with the earth, red giant...

So maybe the ecosystem/earth NEEDS HUMANS help.. Maybe, when we have the tech, we would bring nature to another planet?...

We humans have gone out into space.
nature has not gone out into space.

think of it, how would nature (trees,grass,rivers,etc) move to another planet after the earth burns for infinite?

of course, humans are also destroying the earth, but people are starting to get Eco friendly,etc..

what do you think?

is this complete nonsense or maybe a possibility?

because how would nature/ecosystem get from earth to another planet? it would all get burned....

4 billions of years ago

834843678489234211.jpg

now:

4524516-earth_day-750x750.jpg

maybe in 7 billion years

Red_Giant_Earth.jpg

because how would nature/ecosystem get from earth to another planet? it would all get burned....

Not necessarily if the earth were to explode for instance bacteria in the ice caps would most likely be launched into space.

think of it, how would nature (trees,grass,rivers,etc) move to another planet after the earth burns for infinite?

I would imagine that if humanity had to they would probably build some form of massive ark.

I firmly believe this is our destiny. We're the only species capable of taking more than ourselves off-planet (just to cover species that might survive an exploding Earth). This might be the only place life in such diversity exists (or at all).

I would imagine that if humanity had to they would probably build some form of massive ark.

Smaller ships in larger quantities seems like a more viable strategy (fewer eggs in more baskets). And once we have more infrastructure off-planet, it won't tax Earth's resources to make this possible.

It seems to me that you all expect that human civilization development rate will slow down significantly in following years. You are talking about technlology level that is only several thousand years from now, supposing a sustained development rate.

On the other hand, in the case of continued development at today's rate (not likely, imo, but who knows) then in a billion years I expect Sun-Earth system might be a heritage site and will be preserved. The Sun will be continously replenished with hydrogen while heavier elements will be removed. Many Earths might revolve it, each Earth preserved in certain 'typical' historical era. The original Earth might still be there (if not destroyed earlier by an accident, war, etc.).

This, of course, if human civilization continues to be sentimental.

• 4 weeks later...

I firmly believe this is our destiny. We're the only species capable of taking more than ourselves off-planet (just to cover species that might survive an exploding Earth). This might be the only place life in such diversity exists (or at all).

Smaller ships in larger quantities seems like a more viable strategy (fewer eggs in more baskets). And once we have more infrastructure off-planet, it won't tax Earth's resources to make this possible.

I have long wondered if humanity is Gaea's way of reproducing, that would make us genitals! Of course you have to subscribe to the whole Gaea hypothesis that asserts the Earths ecosystem is alive and sentient...

If there are still humans in a billions years then something went VERY wrong indeed. Humans in a billions years, what a truly horrendous idea :( Forget that. Humans in a million years is already exceedingly bad.

Edited by Thorham

If there are still humans in a billions years then something went VERY wrong indeed. Humans in a billions years, what a truly horrendous idea :( Forget that. Humans in a million years is already exceedingly bad.

Sure. That is why I was careful to use 'human civilization' instead of 'humans' in my post. I would consider 'human civilization' anything that follows the continuity, even if there will be no human beings.