Universe as a brain

Sovex

There could be more wrong theories about the universe than there are currently known galaxies in it.

We currently have almost no idea of which is formed and most importantly of the laws that govern it. We are still far away from knowing whether time or space are emergent or fundamental.

Even a Black Hole could hold an entire Universe just like ours in it and we'll never be aware.

To close this, my theory is that the Universe is some big brain and the galaxies are just some kind of neurons. We're all parasites.

There could be more wrong theories about the universe than there are currently known galaxies in it..

There are, of course, an infinite number of wrong theories. But people posting their personal theories on science forums, only seem to post the same 2 or 3 wrong theories.

To close this, my theory is that the Universe is some big brain and the galaxies are just some kind of neurons. We're all parasites.

Very insightful and a real addition to modern cosmology!

Please, this is not a theory but just some crazy ill-founded idea.

:doh:

evidence?

this is certainly not the first time this idea has popped up on these forums.

one question i have is why do we have to be parasites?

couldn't we be integral to the function of the "universe-brain?" lol

A theory offers testable predictions. This is the difference between science and religion. Your statement implies that you have either received a very poor education or you have not bothered paying attention in class. What you've expressed is a thought, not a theory.

It's hard not to be insulted by those who think this is what theory means. It's like, "Dude, this took me like, eleven minutes to think up in the shower this morning, what do you think of my theory?"

And why does it so often show up with the "We don't know everything, so we must not know anything" line of reasoning?

Just call it a concept and throw it in the philosophical sub forum.

I can imagine the universe existing in many forms, one of those is a consciousness. Another is that its a void of infinite potential.

You should expand on how you imagine this concept, for example what do neurons equate to? How about receptors and chemical and electrical signals? In measurement terms we would exist well within the sub atomic level of atoms within this brain.

Just call it a concept and throw it in the philosophical sub forum.

I can imagine the universe existing in many forms, one of those is a consciousness. Another is that its a void of infinite potential.

You should expand on how you imagine this concept, for example what do neurons equate to? How about receptors and chemical and electrical signals? In measurement terms we would exist well within the sub atomic level of atoms within this brain.

I myself like to "speculate" on these ideas, whether this universe is a fractal of something larger and the quantum is some how a fractal of our universe.

There are neutron stars and hypothetical "quarks stars" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_star, "quark stars" could be the missing dark matter (even black holes),

If you take a proton and it is basically "quark soup/gluons", could these possible "quark stars" then be the protons that make up the "matter" of said "universal brain" ?

It is all speculation but with the minds in this forum, could be molded to a decent sci fi model. sometimes it is good to let our minds dream.

proton/universe

post-79233-0-80291400-1441837047_thumb.png

I myself like to "speculate" on these ideas, whether this universe is a fractal of something larger and the quantum is some how a fractal of our universe.

There are neutron stars and hypothetical "quarks stars" https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Quark_star, "quark stars" could be the missing dark matter (even black holes),

If you take a proton and it is basically "quark soup/gluons", could these possible "quark stars" then be the protons that make up the "matter" of said "universal brain" ?

Again we must emphasise what you are doing here. You are musing untestable speculations... it's a good as pub talk or religion.

Again we must emphasise what you are doing here. You are musing untestable speculations... it's a good as pub talk or religion. W

"We"?, Sometimes there is nothing wrong with "musing over yet untestable speculations", you never know where it may lead, or spark an idea that can lead to something "testable". Not everyone enjoys this freedom of speculation but some do.

fractals/relative sizes have always interested me.

Has with picture above proton/universe,

"WMAP provides strong evidence that the observable universe is flat". We know at the LHC a proton is highly flattened in it's direction of motion.

I could then speculate "our universe" is flattened in it's direction of motion.

A proton is a ocean of quarks, so if the missing universal "dark matter" are hypothetical "quark stars" it is not beyond reason to compare a proton to our universe.

ou may have heard that a proton is made from three quarks. Indeedhere are several pages that say so. This is a lie — a white lie, but a bigone. In fact there are zillions of gluons, antiquarks, and quarks in a proton. The standard shorthand, “the proton is made from two up quarks and one down quark”, is really a statement that the proton hastwo more up quarks than up antiquarks, and one more down quark than down antiquarks. To make the glib shorthand correct you need to add the phrase “plus zillions of gluons and zillions of quark-antiquark pairs.” Without this phrase, one’s view of the proton is so simplistic that it is not possible to understand the LHC at all.

http://profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-posts/largehadroncolliderfaq/whats-a-proton-anyway/

I could then speculate "our universe" is flattened in it's direction of motion.

1. How can the universe be moving, when it is all there is?

2. Also, objects which are moving only appear shortened from another frame of reference: the passengers on a train do not notice it is shorter; that is only apparent to the observers on the platform. You may not have noticed, but we are in the universe and would therefore be moving with it.

3. That is not what "flat" means in the context of the WMAP data.

!

Moderator Note

If you are going to do it here, you need to do two additional things:

1) Not hijack other people's threads to bring it up

2) Include some science in it. An idea of what we expect is described in the guidelines.

You've been here long enough to be familiar with both of these points.

As the OP is just late-night dorm-room blather and doesn't come close to the threshold for speculations, we're done.