Neutrino

granpa

conservation laws are not written in stone by the finger of God.

Thou shalt conserve momentum.

Thou shalt conserve energy.

Thou shalt conserve lepton number.

Thou shalt conserve baryon number.

No, but there is no evidence they are violated (despite intensive research).

So ... still no evidence for any of your ideas?

!

Moderator Note

granpa

You made some bold claims in not uncertain terms - yet when challenged you have resorted to vague assertions that are completely unfounded and sweeping statements which if true would change science irrevocably.

Please try to pick up on the numerous questions and challenges posed and attempt to counter them with reasoned and precise argument. If this is not attempted then closure of the thread will follow.

conservation laws are not written in stone by the finger of God.

Thou shalt conserve momentum.

Thou shalt conserve energy.

Thou shalt conserve lepton number.

Thou shalt conserve baryon number.

Continuous symmetries are synonymous with conservation laws. Momentum is conserved in systems where there is translational symmetry. Energy is conserved under time translation symmetry. Angular momentum with rotational. There are mathematically proven. (Noether's theorems)

saying that my theory must be wrong because it conflicts with the conservation laws is like saying relativity must be wrong because it conflicts with Newtonian physics

Edited by granpa

saying that my theory must be wrong because it conflicts with the conservation laws is like saying relativity must be wrong because it conflicts with Newtonian physics

The difference is that we had evidence for a long time that Newtonian physics was violated (e.g. the precession of Mercury was known for a long time), but we've never found a violation of a conservation law yet. Not saying that they are 100% iron clad, but so far given the millions of tests they have passed, you need to present incredibly extraordinary evidence for this incredibly extraordinary claim.

I've said all I have to say. People can either listen or they can not listen. It doesn't concern me one way or the other

Not to beat a dead horse here, but if you didn't want constructive criticism of your idea, then why post it to a discussion forum? People are just trying to help shape your idea to conform to knowledge we already have. If you really didn't care, why bother posting it? Ergo, I conclude that you do care at least a little, and if you take a few moments to engage with people here, they can help you in making your idea better, stronger, and more rigorous. But if you really don't care about a stronger, better, more accurate idea, then I guess "adieu".

Edited by Bignose

Whoever told you relativity conflicts with Newtonian laws in incorrect. Newtonian laws works just fine in euclidian non relativistic conditions

By the way both Newtonian and relativiy follows the conservation laws

Edited by Mordred

Your theory can be summarized to:

"neutron is proton + electron + antineutrino"

Right?

Then what you will say when you will analyze Beta Decay Plus (Positron emission)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positron_emission

[math]p^+\rightarrow n^0 + e^+ + V_e[/math]

Which happens in proton-rich isotopes, like f.e. Carbon-11?

Unlike neutron-rich isotopes, where Beta Decay Minus happens

[math]n^0\rightarrow p^+ + e^- + \bar{V}_e[/math]

Whoever told you relativity conflicts with Newtonian laws in incorrect.

the fact that you are willing to resort to such dishonesty is exactly why I refuse to be dragged into an argument with you

Edited by granpa

Dishonest because you refuse to understand it. Yeah right. Tell me why you claim everyone that is telling you your wrong is dishonest.

Read it for yourself mate

http://www.blau.itp.unibe.ch/newlecturesGR.pdf"Lecture Notes on General Relativity" Matthias Blau

If you think I'm lying to you on the conservation laws pick up "Introductory to particle physics" by Griffith

Euclidean means flat space no spacetime curvature. Non relativistic conditions means you do not need General or special relativity.

I've said all I have to say. People can either listen or they can not listen. It doesn't concern me one way or the other

The point is that knowledgeable people DID listen. The person who isn't listening is...you! If you post nonsense and knowledgeable people correct you, you should.....listen.

The point is that knowledgeable people DID listen. The person who isn't listening is...you! If you post nonsense and knowledgeable people correct you, you should.....listen.

To add to this statement, if a poster makes a mistake in a correction or reply,we fully expect other forums to correct our mistakes. If I make a wrong statement I trust other respected members to point out my mistakes. For example xyzt is far better at relativity than I. If I make a mistake I know he will supply a correction

To add to this statement, if a poster makes a mistake in a correction or reply,we fully expect other forums to correct our mistakes. If I make a wrong statement I trust other respected members to point out my mistakes. For example xyzt is far better at relativity than I. If I make a mistake I know he will supply a correction

...and Mordred is far more knowledgeable in terms of particle physics than me. So, if I make a mistake and Mordred corrects me, I will....listen!

!

Moderator Note

granpa

I asked you to follow the rules of this forum and to start answering the challenges and questions to your idea. Since my post you have posted 3 times - none are the reasoned and precise argument requested - one was dismissal of the membership, the second a meaningless parallel with relativity and newtonian mechanics, and the third was a imputation of dishonesty towards a respected member who had posted at length with citations and links during this thread.

You have not abided by the rules of this forum - thread locked. Do not reopen a similar thread.

!

Moderator Note

granpa

After further reading of the thread it is clear that you are not only in breach of the Speculation's Rules and Guidelines; you are outside the bounds of acceptable posting for the forum in general. Claiming that two senior members are dishonest in their dealings with you is insulting, unacceptable, and untrue. Please do not continue to use this form of rhetoric in future threads.

the fact that you are willing to resort to such dishonesty is exactly why I refuse to be dragged into an argument with you

I would have been happy to answer some of your questions but if you're just going to be flat out dishonest like this then I see no point in even trying to discuss it with you