Ghosts?

blike

:eek: Seeing a ghost is subjective. To explain it with math or physics is going to be difficult. Since we can explain just about everything in our existance except consciousness then I would imagine that it is where the key is. How can we observe our own existence. Even blind and deaf people can learn to see the universe inside our heads and reach out to the stars. I feel consciousness is not confined to the body and can appear to other minds even after the body is gone. Once you attain sentience, you are eternal. :rolleyes: Its a lot more complicated than this but I like to keep it short and not ramble. Thanks for posting the question,:)

Just aman

Originally posted by blike

What do you guys think about ghosts and "orbs". Scientifically explainable phenomenon? Or genuine spiritual activity..

Depends what you mean by 'orbs'. I did Google it, but got some rather unsavoury results as you might imagine... :eek:

I had an idea that an almost scientific explanation for ghosts might involve some sort of temporal fracture, which can act as a window between different time periods. If there was some sort of relatively localised 'gap' in time - for the sake of argument, let's say in your attic - it could be possible for people standing on each 'side' of the gap to see each other, if not the rupture itself.

The biggest problem so far with this idea (note, idea. not theory) is that it does not explain how a ghost - that is, the view of a person in a different temporal position - could walk through a wall. It only works where the wall itself lies just outside the range of the rupture.

Any thoughts on this, or similar theories/ideas?

I got some interesting shots of orbs last year on my senior trip. While viewing them online I thought they were just lens anomalies or something. But as I was flipping through the photos I saw one photo absolutely filled with them, while the next photo, taken probably 2-3 seconds later from the same angle of the same thing, had none. Perked my interest.

As far as temporal fractures, I've had those in the back of my mind for quite some time, just never knew what to call them. Maybe thats why people tend to see/hear civil war ghosts/sounds around famous civil war battle grounds.

It may also explain unusual breezes or changes in temperature at the site of an occurence.

Which begs the question - if so inclined, could you safely pass through such an anomaly?

Do you have any pics of orbs posted I could take a look at, blike?

I listened to some tapes made by some friends of mine back in the 70's in a graveyard. They walked through silently with a tape recorder cranked to maximum and heard nothing. When we listened to the tapes I clearly heard a young boys voice say help me and a womans voice later say I want to tell you my name.

It sparked my curiosity. They weren't the voices of my friends.

Just for thought.

Just aman

• 2 weeks later...

thats freak stuff aman. But while reading all this. Something sparked an idea.

I dont know if this would fit under anything. Just an idea..

Many people say at night, they hear/see things at various places where battle's or atrocities took place. (slave houses,battle sites, massacres) Such as gettysburg, pearl harbor, or sand creek. Many might be myths. I remember reading or hearing something about a theory of how people can interupret energy as either being good or bad. Now, with all of the things i mentioned above, they were filled with negative energy, and lots of it.

With this theory, there is supose to be a balance of positive and negative energy. With all the autrocities that have happened in those places. The largest death toll of american soldiers at Gettysburg, Pearl Harbor being the largest American ambush (I dont know after september 11, but I haven't heard of any sighting... yet) and at the murders of slaves at the houses and the murder of indians at sand creek.

Anyway, all this would of produced large ammounts of negative energy. Thus creating an unbalanced ammount of energy. Now, with this large imbalance created by the events. Maybe certain parts of the country/world have a permant, or a long lasting negative feeling. Ultimatly recreating the events that caused the imbalance..

If you understand what i mean then good. If not, just say something ill try to explain it better. I kinda just thought this up real quick.

Originally posted by aman

I listened to some tapes made by some friends of mine back in the 70's in a graveyard. They walked through silently with a tape recorder cranked to maximum and heard nothing. When we listened to the tapes I clearly heard a young boys voice say help me and a womans voice later say I want to tell you my name.

It sparked my curiosity. They weren't the voices of my friends.

Just for thought.

Just aman

I always wish these dead people would speak up a bit...

aman, those are called EVP or electronic voice phenomena. A quick search on google will give you tons of good resources for listening. Sorta like the principle in the sixth sense, when you slow the tape down, supposedly sometimes spirits can be heard. Some recordings are iffy, others are pretty clear. A good idea when listening to some of these is NOT to read what the website says the voice is saying. Discern for yourself, then see what the website says. Sometimes you "hear" things because you're listening for them.

Guest Hogslayer
Originally posted by Radical Edward

there was a link to 'the sounds from hell' I heard once, apparently a couple of guys recorded it while digging a hole in siberia. my own personal suspicion is that it was wind.

Not wind, except that made up by money-grubbing evangelists. Such a thing hasn't happened.

• 1 year later...
blike said in post #1 :

What do you guys think about ghosts and "orbs". Scientifically explainable phenomenon? Or genuine spiritual activity..

Are the two necessarily mutually exclusive? I.e. would genuine spiritual activity have to be inexplicable in scientific terms? Just wondering :)

chris said in post #14 :

diggin a hole in siberia? why would hell be in siberia. its to cold. hell is hot.. right? :scratch:

I dunno, but I think Siberia would fulfil my idea of Hell if I had to live there. I hate the cold, and I don't do winter very well generally. Never seemed to get the hang of it. :(

• 5 months later...

I think that ghosts exist, but not as spirits of dead people. I think that they are naturally occuring holograms. If everything falls into place, like the magnetic field, the temperature, the humidity, and maybe some kind of pipework, copper, minerals, basically the entire environment has to be perfect. I think that a ghost image can be stored, and replayed.

Pincho.

He's on the radio in the early mornings, at least he was when I used to deliver papers. His program was on KSL 1160, but I guess that's only in Utah, sorry about that. He talks about Ghosts and erie stuff that'll freak you out really bad. (at least me)

This whole subject just reminded me because I remember one where he told about a scene that people saw replayed that happened a long time ago. They told about how certain metals in the earth can store extreme images and stuff like that. I don't remember all of it, it was a long time ago, but it was freaky !