Ghosts?

blike

I was not talking about a program, I was telling you my own thoughts on the matter. It is based on strings that are roadways for waves, or vibrations. A high peak at both ends of a string could trap an electron, or photon, so that it rebounds back and forth. Magnets create a distant peak that rebound things backwards, that would attract objects towards it. Light is a peak that travels outwards, it should be able to cross the magnetic peak easily, so something unknown is raising the magnetic peak to rebound the light, to create a ghost image.

My guess!

Pincho.

Mourning? Oh, let me guess, It's the perfect unamericanized spelling of Morning, like colour(which is correctly spelled as "color")

jk

Well anywhere, I'm prabably going to sound stupid, but are you serious. Yes, yes, that's what I thought, I'm going to go hide in my room now, I'm so embaressed.

• 7 months later...
Guest pystaldawn

My friends and I felt my old apartment was haunted, so one night we set up a video camera, took digital pics, and set up audio(previous experiences in the apartment , made us curious so we decided to try a seyance) anywayz, before the event started that night, a friend of mine took digital pics of the apartment , he just clicked shooting pic after pic, not caring what the pics were of , this was a studio apartment and we had all had felt presences or had experiences from the walkway from the kitchen to the bathroom, where the bedroom was and this huge closet that divided the living room and bedroom, so after we took the pictures we set up in the bedroom next to the bathroom, there were candles now lit in the bathroom and around our circle, we turned on the audio and draped the mic over the closet so the mic was hanging down through the walkway, and then turned on the camera , which sat facing the backroom, we then proceded the ceremony,it had been about ten minutes and hadn't had any results except the candle next to me and one of my friends , the flame had grown twice it's height as soon as we started asking questions and could feel the warmth, anywayz, nothing really happened until, about ten minutes later when we about gave up and my friend who was leading this ceremony asked "if you are here with us , show us a sign." almost immediately the camera stopped recording, we thought it shut off but later found out it just stopped recording, after the camera shut off the candle in the bathroom started to strobe, the flame would shoot up real high, and then lower till it was almost estinguished and did this for about 20 minutes getting faster and faster, you could hear the strobbing, we all got a little freaked out so we stopped and waited for things to slow down and they eventually did...shortly after that we went to my friends house to load the pictures and look at them, all of them were normal except for one, out of all the pictures about 30 that we took before the ceremony one had 3 blue orbs varying in size..we looked around to see if anything could of caused these orbs to show up, and there was nothing i had just moved in a week before and barely anything was moved in yet, the picture was of the closet, just the closet, and 3 orbs. we later listened to the audio and thought we heard a voice say "leave now" we didn't here it until we started listening to it different, (my friend did some filtering) as for the video, we watched it at the apartment shortly after the ceremony, you could see the back room before we started , and the screen would split apart from the middle and then come back together,there looked like there was also little balls of yellow light floating around and then the ceremony took place, nothing out of the ordinary and then the question and that's all folks...we don't know why the camera turned off, or why it had a fully charged batterey before we started and a brand new tape, and when we ended it was near the end of the tape and the battery was almost dead, in a matter of a half hour....unusual.....before we left the apartment that night shortly after the ceremony my friend and i felt something cold pass through us, when this happend we immediately looked at each other and said in unison" did you feel that!" hairs standing straight up on our arms....after this night i believe my apartment was really haunted ...i've been curious to go back and ask the person living there now, if anything unusual has happened like it did to me, the things that happened before the ceremony that led us to believe it was haunted was this, you always felt like someone was standing next to the closet watching you, you'd hear bangs in the bathroom, the tv or radio would shut off on it's own or turn up the volume many times, the light bulbs would go out leading you to believe they were burnt out when in reality they were just unscrewed, and a series of nightmares that started 3 days after i lived there, of me in the apartment, alone, combatting something that trapped me inside, but could not see what, these nightmares happened at least 3 times a week , waking up in terror, after i moved out they stopped, and never happened since but i still picture them in my head as clear as day....sorry this is so long....but it's and interesting story... :)

From the reading I've done over the years, it is important to differentiate between ghosts and spirits.

Spirits are self aware entities in their own right and can consciously interact with the people and things around them. Belief in their existence is a personal spiritual matter.

Ghosts are another matter. As has been said, in many cases they appear to be recordings, normally of some thing or person with strong emotions.

BTW, in all the cases I've read where a ghost walks through a wall, research shows that at the time that the recording was "made", there was actually a door there. It's also why some are seen either above the ground or buried to the knees as they move. Their actions conform to the layout and floorlevel of the building at some time in the past.

The time slip is also a possibility. I read many years ago an account where a man met a ghost wearing old fashioned clothing in a garden (IIRC) he reached out to touch her, she turned, screamed and disappeared. While recounting the event to his host, he found there was a family legend how the great, great, (whatever) Grandmother met a strangely dressed ghost in the garden, it disappeared when she screamed. I should be able to find the account if anyone's interested. (Yes, I do have an extensive library. :D )

During my life I have seen some seriously weird stuff. Some I can come up with a "rational" explanation for, and some....

Anyway, interesting discussion.

The time slip is also a possibility. I read many years ago an account where a man met a ghost wearing old fashioned clothing in a garden (IIRC) he reached out to touch her' date=' she turned, screamed and disappeared. While recounting the event to his host, he found there was a family legend how the great, great, (whatever) Grandmother met a strangely dressed ghost in the garden, it disappeared when she screamed. I should be able to find the account if anyone's interested. (Yes, I do have an extensive library. :D )

[/quote']

The hologram might be a possiblity, but I am still betting on liars or druggies. Most "evidence" for ghosts can be easily faked. The temporal fracture doesn't sound that bad, though.

Funny that I had a similar thought about ghosts being seen due to the part merging of two time co ordinates. I thought some sort of evidence of it might be recorded if it happened and, due to the lack of it, even accounting for the I don't want to sound nuts reluctance to report it I dissmissed it. There you go, just when you give up someone throws you a bone.

On the subject of orbs I have seen some weird photos but most of the common stuff like on most haunted is just infrared bouncing off dust and hair in the air. I have security cameras with infrared lighting and you should see stuff glow when they get close to the light source.

Most "evidence" for ghosts can be easily faked.

Agreed, and this is part of the problem. Enough of it is to allow the discounting of all. Human Nature makes people think that if one example is faked, then all examples are faked. It's easier than revising our beliefs.

The "orbs" referred to are perhaps what are known in Oz as "Min Min Lights". These are a truly bizarre phenomenon. They normally appear in the bush around 50 to 75 yards away from the observer, most often of a reddish colour. If you move towards them they move away, if you retreat they approach, always seemingly keeping a constant distance.

Many put these forward as a spititual thing, but to my mind the "keeping a constant distance away" bit would probably make them a natural phenomena. I don't think that light from infra red can be a usual cause unless you have a moving infra red source. Speaking from experience, you can chase these bloody things for miles.

What they are I haven't a clue, but ghosts or spirits? No, I don't think so. :confused: