Guns

blike

Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?

• Yes!
    • No way!

Best: Walther PPK 7.65

Beretta is for ladies

Stirred' date=' not Shaken[/quote']

Actually, interesting fact, James Bond originally used a Beretta in the books. In Dr No they replaced his Beretta with a Walther, he didn't like it much. He never used the Luger made famous in the posters, for some reason.

Both guns are designed with a low enough caliber to lodge in the target, minimizing risk to bystanders. Which is an odd feature for the American Army to adopt in it's standard sidearm.

Myself, I like the Colt 1911 and the TT33 Tokarev.

Actually, interesting fact, James Bond originally used a Beretta in the books. In Dr No they replaced his Beretta with a Walther, he didn't like it much. He never used the Luger made famous in the posters, for some reason.

Anything you can do I can do beretta.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sumthig taht shocs about American "gun control" programs is the fact that, mostly, they consist of checking the buyers credit. Not teh crime hsitroy, but the credit $. Now, I persoanlly thinmk taht people who want a gun should pass an IQ test, with 120 as teh minimum score to get a gun. Also, psich profiling, and checkin the buyers house for a good place where to keep the guin. If thee guy is gonna keep the gun in teh table, then he should not get a gun. However if the guy is smart, not crazy and is keeping the gun in a safe, then and onkly then, he might get a gun

I know plenty of smart people I would never trust with a gun. I however could never bring myself to kill a person.

I'm of the opinion that pistols are utterly useless, aside from killing/self defense.

I would be willing to give up my pistols, if, and only if, every illegal gun was removed from the streets and destroyed. However, this will never happen. And so long as this never happens, it is utterly pointless to make it more difficult to aquire a pistol legally. How many murders are commited with legal pistols? How about illegal pistols?

Sure, collecting guns is one thing (rather lame IMO, but whatever floats your boat.) But if all we do is make it harder for good, honest people to get a gun, well, the people who get there guns on the street will not suffer one bit. Outlaw guns completly and the only people that will have them will be the criminals that do not get them legally to begin with.

I've always been astonished at how much statists hate honest citizens who wish to defend themselves. I tend to agree that they must have some kind of phobia that explains this hatred.

Whatever their problem is, we have to help the dozens of thousands of people who prevent crime and murder of innocents with their guns, not the irresponsible statists who march to help criminals.

Let me chime in as this is my first post here. Everyone has the right to own a firearm. I personally own serveral, even one that is labeled an "assult" riffle. Being a NRA and GOA member I have to ask anyone who has never fired a firearm to go to your local range and talk to some of the people there and try shooting one yourself. If you have a friend that hunts or goes to ranges, have that person take you with them to try it out. I have also taken conceled carry course to carry my Glock 21 as personal protection. The right for someone to own a firearm or be in a well maintained militia is your right, and my passion to protect.

well, I personally can find much more entertaining things then going hunting or to a shooting range, like uhm, sitting around in my boxers typing on an internet forum.

Shooting for sport is good and all, but hunting seems rather pointless unless you eat your kill. To many people hunt simply to put another dead animal head on a wall somewhere.

But like I said, unless you take all the illegal guns off the street, it is entirely pointless to remove the legal ones.

What makes a gun illegal? I can apply and recieve a class 3 license to purchase and sell automatic firearms. All it takes is a clean history. The only thing wrong with firearms is there wrong people with firearms, but the same thing can be said with anything else. Look at the Unibomber, fertilizer can be a bad thing.... why not band all fertilizer then. Then you will have to band the sale of some household chemicals like certain brands of pipe cleaner that when mixed with certain metals will cause an explosion. You cant just blame guns for violent crimes. When I do hunt, that deer I kill feeds my family for a few months with plenty of meat.

Here is my "assult" weapon. .223 cal Bushmaster xm15e2s (also known as an AR15 with A2 removable handle) with my .45 cal Glock 21.

134343.JPG

This year I have fired 1700 rounds through my AR15 and 900 through my Glock. Now tell me, what is wrong with having a hobby?

I've got a .68 and I'm proud of it.

It's called a Tippmann 98 Custom LOL. Paintballer.

What I find odd is that here in the U.S. you can walk into a Wal-Mart and buy a shotgun and ammo in a pretty simple affair, but if you own a pellet gun for target practice or anything else, you need to be 21 to buy the ammo. To buy pellets that could maybe puncture skin, but not much more. It's weird.

Personally, about gun control, just like a whole lot of other things (including having children) I think you should need to take a test first. If you're deemed too stupid and/or too irresponsible, you can't do it. That'll drive the population down and make guns a bit safer. They'll still be available to criminals and anyone else in the same way they are now, though. Yay for the black market!

Look at the Unibomber, fertilizer can be a bad thing.... why not band all fertilizer then. Then you will have to band the sale of some household chemicals like certain brands of pipe cleaner that when mixed with certain metals will cause an explosion.

We have already dealt with that in the thread.

You cant just blame guns for violent crimes.

Read the whole thread.

When I do hunt, that deer I kill feeds my family for a few months with plenty of meat.

Will they starve if they don't get to eat deer? Do you need a gun to kill a deer?

We have already dealt with that in the thread.

Read the whole thread.

Will they starve if they don't get to eat deer? Do you need a gun to kill a deer?

Its alot of reading, but I was just stating a point, but no, my family wont go hungry if I dont kill a deer. I could use a bow and arrow to kill the deer, but using a gun is easier on a sport that is already hard. The areas I hunt are thick woods, large open fields, and big hills. A bow can not reach as far as a riffle will. But the original point of hunting point, was someone had mentioned people killing for fun, I use the meat from my game.

Hey, thats cool. I mean, deer meat is pretty good, I just hate to hear about people who kill animals and leave them laying, or take the head, or horns etc.

I'm not dissing deer hunting, I hit one in my car in 02, caused about $4500 worth of damage. I was talking to my insurance agent, who informed me some 3000 deer get hit /day.

What makes a gun illegal?

Well, the illegal guns I'm talking about are the ones that do not exist via serial numbers, etc. Guns that were maybe stolen in a robbery, serials filed off, etc. I've known people in the past who had BOXES of pistols, selling them for 30, 40 bucks.

With people like that on the street, it would honestly be stupid to outlaw guns, because the only people that would have guns would be 1) Cops, military etc 2) Criminals.

It's called a Tippmann 98 Custom LOL. Paintballer

Ahh, I forget what my gun is, but it pumps out 13 balls a second. I've actually used it to chase off some kids messin around on my property late one night. And while going to the shooting range and shooting at bulleyes could be fun, I much more prefer shooting people, over, and over, and over.

Well' date=' the illegal guns I'm talking about are the ones that do not exist via serial numbers, etc. Guns that were maybe stolen in a robbery, serials filed off, etc. I've known people in the past who had BOXES of pistols, selling them for 30, 40 bucks.

With people like that on the street, it would honestly be stupid to outlaw guns, because the only people that would have guns would be 1) Cops, military etc 2) Criminals.[/quote']

Exactly, great point. I also hit a deer last year doing around the same amount of damage. The problem is they over populate and come out to society to search for food. Its a balancing act.

Yes it is quite a long thread, which has become kind of a drawback (repeats of prior arguments etc).

If you eat the meat from your kills, I would agree that is less wasteful than killing for fun. I don't think that necessarily argues the case for guns, but at least you have thought about what you're doing ;)