Guns

blike

Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?

• Yes!
    • No way!

All the AWB did was raise the price of stuff. My gun retails for 1080 USD, befor around 500 to 600. All they did was ban "scary" looking guns. Machines guns have been banned for a long time, so just because a gun looks like a machine gun, doesnt make it one. The mechanical working on the inside of an AR15 is different from that of a M16. Though the guns look alike, doesnt mean they work alike.

This may be true, but if people can carry guns that "look" like banned guns, then it makes the inforcement of the banned guns more difficult. So, if there is no other reason than "its fun" then live with it.

I don't know why there are so many gun deaths in America, but I find it odd that people need to travel all the way to Iraq to be killed by Saddam's weapons, but they fear that more than the idiots around the corner.

People are probably worried now about a terrorist attack on a school. It happens here all the time - Columbine?

This may be true' date=' but if people can carry guns that "look" like banned guns, then it makes the inforcement of the banned guns more difficult. So, if there is no other reason than "its fun" then live with it.

I don't know why there are so many gun deaths in America, but I find it odd that people need to travel all the way to Iraq to be killed by Saddam's weapons, but they fear that more than the idiots around the corner.

People are probably worried now about a terrorist attack on a school. It happens here all the time - Columbine?[/quote']

Columbine is the parents fault, the parents should of paid more attention to there kids and taught them morals. Instead putting them in front of the tv to raise them. Do you know how many gun deaths in America are caused by an "assult weapon", less then 1%. On Monday, there will not be banned guns, accept for assult weapons which have been banned since 1967 I believe when they banned automatic firearms. Everyone acts like OMG there is an evil looking gun, its going to start shooting everyone. I have taken gun safety courses, and also conceled carry weapons permit training, gun owning is serious. Carrying a firearm is a serious deal, there is so many laws and restrictions to remember. Places where you can and cannot carry.

I have taken gun safety courses, and also conceled carry weapons permit training, gun owning is serious. Carrying a firearm is a serious deal, there is so many laws and restrictions to remember. Places where you can and cannot carry.

Yes, and I'm sure all those criminals that run around shooting people pay a load of attention to that.

Columbine is the parents fault

OK, so American parents are the worst. Why do we ban WMD's? I mean if we really want the people to be able to form a militia, they need tanks, bombs, etc. If some idiot blows up a McDonalds, it was their parents fault, sorry. But, boy we would be much safer from terrorists!

Hahahahahahaha We Will Not Have Dumbasses Walking The Streets With Uzis! Hahaahahahahah Why The Hell Do We Have So Restrictive Chemical Bans That We Cannot Obtain Any Source Of Nitrate, Chlorate, Sulfuric Acid Or Magnesium Pencil Sharpeners Yet We Allow People To Buy Assault Rifles? Lol Rofl Rofl Lol Lolly Lol!

dude, the AWB has absolutely nothing to do with ROF (rate of fire), in the US no civilian other than those with a class 3 liscence is elligable to have any fully automatic weapon. The ban see that the gun just cant look scary! oh no, we cant have a flash supressor, or a high capacity magazine, or a folding stock...oh heavens, we wouldnt want an inhumane gun or anything.

dude, the AWB has absolutely nothing to do with ROF (rate of fire), in the US no civilian other than those with a class 3 liscence is elligable to have any fully automatic weapon. The ban see that the gun just cant look scary! oh no, we cant have a flash supressor, or a high capacity magazine, or a folding stock...oh heavens, we wouldnt want an inhumane gun or anything.

Yeap, explain the difference between an AR15 and a Mini 14.

Mini 14

m145.gif

AR15 (my own)

113337.JPG

They both fire .223 cal, accept magazines, semiautomatic, and have military roots. The difference is, when congress was looking through to ban guns, the AR15 was scary looking because its a black rifle.

Is that a folding stock? lol, it could be too scary looking for the public. I dont even own a bayonet but come tuesday, I might just weld a bayonet lug on there just to piss someone off. :)

has anyone heard much about the 6.8? My dad got the first press for it, available to the public. That could be just that he knows Mr Robinson, or Robinson arms, but its still pretty sweet. I just cant wait to get them out to the range with a new fitted carbon barrel!

Its just looks like a folding stock, but after tomorrow, the will be some goodies added. M4 preban upper, folding stock, bayonnette lug, oh geez the stuff I need.

Now I have to get me a HK MP5, Kalashnikovs, AR10, Barretts M82A1(though it wasnt banned), UZI, Galil, SWD M12, sheesh the list goes on. Just think all of these scary weapons are going to get up and run around shooting people, (if you believe that, you are a dumbass and will vote for Kerry). Is the 6.8 like a M96? After I put my AR15 to more like a M4A1 I will be happy with it.

Columbine is the parents fault, the parents should of paid more attention to there kids and taught them morals.

I think the parents shared a lot of the blame, but that's not the issue. The issue is that armed with pointy sticks the assailants would not have done anywhere near as much damage.

As far as school deaths go, Dunblane is a much better example of why access to guns needs to be very strictly controlled. This has all been covered already though in this thread, so I'm not going to re-tread it all here.

Do you know how many gun deaths in America are caused by an "assult weapon", less then 1%. On Monday, there will not be banned guns, accept for assult weapons which have been banned since 1967 I believe when they banned automatic firearms.

Do you not think that the fact assault weapons have been banned since 1967 might account for them having a tiny share of the gun deaths? What was the share prior to them being banned?

I think the parents shared a lot of the blame' date=' but that's not the issue. The issue is that armed with pointy sticks the assailants would not have done anywhere near as much damage.

As far as school deaths go, Dunblane is a much better example of why access to guns needs to be very strictly controlled. This has all been covered already though in this thread, so I'm not going to re-tread it all here.

Do you not think that the fact assault weapons have been banned since 1967 might account for them having a tiny share of the gun deaths? What was the share prior to them being banned?[/quote']

I dont know what the share was befor the real assult weapon ban, which is automatic weapons, not military look-alike versions. The AWB that was passed by the Clinton Admin. was just a way to get soccer moms to vote for him. I did nothing but raise the cost of firearms.

. . .

Im not saying its a bad idea but there's already a rather large tax or so im told. If you were want that, start a charity, not a govt funded org.

In any case, am I right or did Arnold S. (gov. Cali) just pass the law illegalizing 50 caliber rifles in CA??? How many crimes have ever been caused by the 50 cal??? What exactly was this law for???

. . .

Im not saying its a bad idea but there's already a rather large tax or so im told. If you were want that' date=' start a charity, not a govt funded org.[/quote']

So make it a bigger tax. What's the problem? How many guns does one person need?

In any case, am I right or did Arnold S. (gov. Cali) just pass the law illegalizing 50 caliber rifles in CA??? How many crimes have ever been caused by the 50 cal??? What exactly was this law for???

They were probably too girly.