Guns

blike

Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?

• Yes!
    • No way!

The problem is they over populate and come out to society to search for food. Its a balancing act.

Well, it can be argued that the deer were here first, and that society is invading their terrirtory. Ahh, so maybe that is bushes plan!! Send people to war, kill off some citizens so we quit pushing up on deer land?

hehe, j/k of course.

Here is my "assult" weapon. .223 cal Bushmaster xm15e2s (also known as an AR15 with A2 removable handle) with my .45 cal Glock 21.

Hang on, the AR15 is the M16. The M16 is the second most prolific assault rifle in human history. I think we can take the " " away from the word assault, as that's the sole purpose of the weapons design for the military. That particular weapon may have been produced by Bushmaster for 'hunting' but its design function was to put a lot of holes into other humans.

Deer hunters usually use a rifle, an M21 or an M14 if you like the military connection. But unless the deer around your parts are particularly vicious beasties, that rifle is shear overkill. You may as well strap the grenade launcher to the bottom and have done with it.

Hang on' date=' the AR15 is the M16. The M16 is the second most prolific assault rifle in human history. I think we can take the " " away from the word assault, as that's the sole purpose of the weapons design for the military. That particular weapon may have been produced by Bushmaster for 'hunting' but its design function was to put a lot of holes into other humans.

Deer hunters usually use a rifle, an M21 or an M14 if you like the military connection. But unless the deer around your parts are particularly vicious beasties, that rifle is shear overkill. You may as well strap the grenade launcher to the bottom and have done with it.[/quote']

Actually .223 cal would be under for deer hunting. 30-30, .270, 30-06 are more like deer hunting riffles. I use my AR15 for fun shooting, although the AR and M16 are simular, they have many differences in the trigger assembly which makes them completely different.

Actually .223 cal would be under for deer hunting. 30-30, .270, 30-06 are more like deer hunting riffles. I use my AR15 for fun shooting,

Fun shooting? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think most people use AR15s for "fun shooting". Of course a use a bow for my "fun shooting". And my only shooting. I don't hunt, but I do support bow hunters.

although the AR and M16 are simular, they have many differences in the trigger assembly which makes them completely different.

I fail to see how a trigger would make much of a difference. It's still an assualt weapon.

uhh, actually, i use an olympic arms ar-15 chambered in .223 for "fun" shooting...i dont need a gun for self defense, i dont hunt, i like the sport of target practice...thats all i use it for. i would never walk around the street with a gun because of the hassle....i dont fantasize about owning a bigger and better gun, but semi-auto is a great feature to have while target practicing, especially when a heavy gun is being used so you dont have to resight each time you cock the bolt or lever. it makes for much better groups. .223 is my favorite for target, but it doesnt have good knockdown power, its more like a needle, a 30-30 or .308 is definately a better choice. dream, every weapon is an assault weapon when used to assault. a folding knife can be an assault weapon, a sharp pencil....etc...i like to consider my ar to be a high accuracy hole puncher....

I fail to see how a trigger would make much of a difference. It's still an assualt weapon.

I know I can order a trigger for my paintball gun, which converts it from electric to mechanical, and increases the fire rate from 13/sec to 17/sec. I don't know alot about real gun triggers, however, I imagine various trigger designs result in various bullets/sec speed, maybe 3 or 5 round burst options, etc.

Real deer hunters kill them bare handed. A club or pointy stick is allowed if the deer is especially strong.

Thank you r1dermon, shooting is a fun sport. An AR15 is not a knock down firearm, 30-06, 30-30, .308, .270, 300 mag, those are your bigger cals for knock down power. People who criticize AR owners have never shot one for fun. People dont like them cause the way they look. And Dream Lord, I guess you dont know anything about a gun since you fail to see how a trigger assembly make the difference. Military M16 has a selection option for single shot, 3 round burst and fully auto, which is decreasing, cause accuracy is lost, the 3 round burst is the best option for military use. ARs have low recoil which keeps your scope zeroed in longer.

basically 90% of the firearms on the market are in some way connected to the military. those gang bangin' mac-11's, the glock18c...etc...hell, even the weekenders bolt action .308. its all from the military. since the military has "special" needs, which include high accuracy termination of life, its obvious that the main two design characteristics of most weapons is, accuracy(not always) and efficiency. that is to say, a .22lr is going to be no good in battle if you're sniping someone from 800yards away, rather, a .22lr is very compact and easy to silence, so a more practical application for it is for assasins...close range, get next to the guy and pull the trigger, a .22lr can kill someone, though a good shot placement is needed, it can be done...a more practical application for those 800+yd shots are the larger caliber rifles, such as a .300WM. people who want to outlaw these weapons simply do not know anything about them...and certainly, i should not have to bear a burden that i do not want to bear simply because some rich politician says that its safer...if we are quaranteened from everything dangerous, we wont learn anything more...we learn by mistake, if we are not allowed to make mistakes, then the world will come to a developmental hault and we will kill each other off...

No glider, none whatsoever. I have my copy of the omnibus crime control act of 1994 here if you'd like me to list the provisions of the so called assault weapons ban.

Doesn't seem like there would be much point.

You hunt camels? :eek:

All the AWB did was raise the price of stuff. My gun retails for 1080 USD, befor around 500 to 600. All they did was ban "scary" looking guns. Machines guns have been banned for a long time, so just because a gun looks like a machine gun, doesnt make it one. The mechanical working on the inside of an AR15 is different from that of a M16. Though the guns look alike, doesnt mean they work alike.

The truth is, it was all based on Emotionalism, not fact.

Fact, I own an AR15 that I use for target shooting. It is ideal because of its low recoil and easy reloading.

Fiction, A gun will not get up and start killing people, evil people will kill.

Fact, Ted Kaczynski is more dangerous with a can of gas, a road flare and duct tape then any law abiding citizen with a firearm.