Is Current Electricity Theory Wrong?

Windevoid

I tried to send this to 7 peer-reviewed journals, but they all rejected it eventually.

I’m starting to wonder, then, whether peer-reviewed journals are really as good and important of a news source as scientists and other people seem to think they are.

LOL

I'd like to think that this smiley is fairly clear.

rolleyes.gif

Then perhaps I just noticed it three months ago?

If the implication is that the laws of physics changed 3 months ago, then this is even more outlandish.

I mean, they're for-profit businesses. They probably won't just do science on their devices when they already make and test them against saltwater and mechanical forces.

Yes, they are for-profit, and replacing components under warranty after they burn out because they run too fast is a bad business model. Also computers that don't work tend not to sell very well.

• 1 month later...

I got somebody telling me the device was actually a 1k ohm thermistor. Thing is, the resistance doesn't seem to affect volts and amps. Even for the normal resistor. Maybe the multimeter is messing up. No, I think it's still working right.

I got somebody telling me the device was actually a 1k ohm thermistor. Thing is, the resistance doesn't seem to affect volts and amps. Even for the normal resistor. Maybe the multimeter is messing up. No, I think it's still working right.

So given the choice between "My multimeter is on the fritz" and "The laws of physics are wrong" you went with the second one. That pretty much tells us all we need to know.

what is really funny, is that if the laws of physics were wrong on those circuits, his multimeter wouldn't work right either, since really a multimeter is just a specialized circuit!

If the circuit laws weren't right, you can't use a tool whose implicit function depends on those same circuit laws as evidence!

So given the choice between "My multimeter is on the fritz" and "The laws of physics are wrong" you went with the second one. That pretty much tells us all we need to know.

Computers are very resilient devices.

Computers are very resilient devices.

No, they really aren't, when you get right down to it. They're a lot better than they used to be, but you can still kill one with a stray burst of radiation. They're delicate, finicky, and it's only thanks to governing standards that they can even talk to one another at all.

You want resilience, use an abacus, a pencil, and a scrap piece of paper.

Edited by Greg H.

I think that this is the right place for this post. So this isn't thread derailment.

In my tests of parallel circuitry just now, with 12 resistors, it seems that each resistor in parallel with each other resistor in the circuit was having the exact same amps as the input amperage, so I suppose it's like 2 amps in with 24 amps useable.

And a resistor LED measured at 150 kohms
lit up, parallel with 11 resistors with resistances between 100 ohms and 8 kohms.

It's as if the very resistance itself was being negated as a concept in this circuit.

Volts seem have the same effect.

Normal theory says the current is supposed to divide according to resistance in parallel circuitry, with the sum of all of the component currents of the parallel circuit coming into and out of the circuit at the voltage source/entrance wire, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems the current of the component currents of the parallel circuit is equal regardless of resistance, and that one component current alone equals the current at the voltage source/entrance wire instead of the sum of all of the component currents of the parallel circuit.

In my tests of parallel circuitry just now, with 12 resistors, it seems that each resistor in parallel with each other resistor in the circuit was having the exact same amps as the input amperage,

Can you please explain how you determined the current through all the resistors. Did you measure it? If so, how? Did you calculate it? If so, how?

And a resistor LED measured at 150 kohms

lit up, parallel with 11 resistors with resistances between 100 ohms and 8 kohms.

A LED is not a resistor. It does not obey Ohm's law: it has a non-linear voltage-current relationship. Therefore the "resistance" reported by your meter depends on the voltage.

The LED will light up if there is sufficient voltage drop. You don't give enough (any) information about your circuit to say whether this would be expected or not.

Volts seem have the same effect.

What does that mean? Same effect as what?

Which program can be used to make and export images of circuit diagrams?

Paper, pen and scanner/camera?

I think my multimeter just ran out of battery.

Same voltage all through. But now the other batteries died so amps aren't lasting long enough to test right now.

Not doing it yet on the amps, maybe it needs lots of power in the battery to do this.

It doesn't appear to be doing it now. I remember measuring it doing that last night, though.

It doesn't appear to be doing it now. I remember measuring it doing that last night, though.

I don't know how you have put your circuit together but I wouldn't be surprised if you have some poor or intermittent connections which are causing erroneous values. Or it could be that the battery voltage is running down between your measurements.

Really, you need to be using a proper regulated power supply, rather than a battery. Ideally, you would use two ammeters: one to measure the total current and one to measure the current through one of the resistors.

But, basically, electrical theory at this simple level has been extensively tested over hundreds of years. So I don't think you are suddenly going to find an obvious flaw.

But now the amps don't seem to be going through the resistors. Maybe the battery does need more power.

But now the amps don't seem to be going through the resistors. Maybe the battery does need more power.

An ammeter between the end of the resistor and the battery now reads zero.

But yet reads a number if connected to the other side of the resistor.

But yet reads a number if connected to the other side of the resistor.

All of this suggest some serious problems with your circuit and/or the methods you are using. Until you resolve that and can get consistent and meaningful results, you cannot really conclude anything.