The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Myself Apurv (male) from Mumbai, India an civil engineer by profession.

I'm a knowledge seeker & athiest by belief.

I love trekking, watching animated, comedy & science fiction movies.

Thats me in short

Hello.

I am a new member. My background is dull, but I have a wide spectrum of interests which I hope I will be able to gain more knowledge about though this forum.

Currently I am seeking some advice on a project I've been put in charge of.

Hi I'm LovesTheStars. I love the stars. Lol - sorry that's my attempt at trying to have as good a sense of humour as the rest of you. Failed miserably ;-P

I love astronomy, astrophysics, quantum. Looking at the posts I don't think I know nearly as much as most people on this site but still find the discussions around them interesting as hell.

Great idea having people introduce themselves. Thanks for the thread :)

Hello...here I´m.

I would like to discuss about different phisics concepts...mainly concerning to look for new dimensions to the current 4 known.

Lets go on....take a look to my first open question (thread)...What in considered a Dimension?...which are de basic requiriments that need a magnitude to be considered a Universe Dimension?

Edited by dapifo

Hi, my names Kevin. I like analyzing things, and just thinking all the time. Now that i think about it, i dont like thinking about things all the time. sOMetimes i wish i could just shut my brain down for a few days. i like bananas, grapes, ginger snaps, organic food, and good pizza. other than that i just go on with my life every day and wonder what am i ever gonna do with myself. i see-saw back and forth everyday with my options and as the day gets closer and closer, I am still more conflicted as ever.

I like N64 and everything about spanish people, even though im german-american.

yeee haw mothatruckaz

Hi I am secretcompass and I take people on expeditions to the world's last wild places!!

i wanna go on an expedition.

Hello there!

I'm Michael Viggars, a sport science graduate from Liverpool. I'm struggling to get some feedback on my writing ability so I'm hoping to start some debate with the articles I write on here with those with a keen scientific mind.

I'm aiming to explain some of the most pressing issues in sport today from a scientific perspective rather than your run of the mill sports editor with an ego.

Here's my blog: http://michaelviggars.com/

The pieces I think biologists will be most interested in are on Fabrice Muamba who suffered a cardiac arrest whilst playing football / soccer in April of this year.

Also the report on exercise-induced asthma. Those that are more technologically based should search for Hawk-eye.

I'm generally just looking for suggestions of other angles I could have taken or things I haven't considered so I don't make the same mistakes in the future!

Furthermore there should definitely by a Sports Science forum on here! Perhaps an admin or established member could set up a poll?

Cheers!

I am Unica, and new here, I caught a topic from a google search, that I wanted to follow up on, but have yet to find it again...but I like how the forum is set up and plan to spend quite a bit of time here..... Have a great day.

Hellooo, I'm Tree :D, I like finding things on the internet that keep me occupied, Science being one of them. This Science forum seems awesome :D hope I can make some friends :P

Thanks Admin xD, and have a nice day everyone!

Hey guys, my name is Justin Emery, and I want to shake this thing so hard that it crumbles and builds back stronger. The Mayan's prediction was that of scientific awakenings. Breath easy, and we can figure this out.

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

Name: Thomas

Degree: None

Interest: I suppose everything.

How did I find myself here and why?:

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Saint Augustine

I have spent the past year learning and mastering basic maths among other topics. To some I know it may not seem like much. But for me, it was the only thing standing in my way. One common theme history shows us is that adversity builds character. Any hurdle that is created in our paths becomes nothing more then a challenge. When you show dedication in overcoming these challenges, legends are born. But without dedication you're tying your own noose. A concept I wish I understood when I was younger. But its like I always say "a storm from a distance is a lot different then one right over head." So in hindsight of course I wish I had an overview of the events that unfolded in my past, who doesn't?

Anyway, I am here because I need teachers. I have been able to learn a lot and do so rather well on my own. Thanks to the internet. However, I feel as though I am fumbling around in the dark and if someone could illuminate the path and offer up a little guidance in the right direction I could really expedite the process. I am not looking to be taught. But rather just be showed what to work on next.

I am planning to enter college within the next few months to start working on a general ed associates. With intent to transfer that to a four year. However due to my lets just say my drugs,sex and rock n roll past I need to really shine. My past is a big part of my own personal challenges. But I am more then ready to put in countless hours to learning anything and everything. I won't be happy unless I achieve this. Failure in my eyes is a choice.

I am also very interested in helping and meeting other people like myself. Who for one reason or another awoke a little late in life to their true potential. Or maybe its just a deep desire to not feel so overwhelmed in this increasingly complex world. Whatever the case may be. I am wanting to provide and exchange educational resources with other people as dumb as me =P. In hopes that we can enrich and becoming the master of our own lives.

Looking forward to some meaningful and insightful conversations.

Name - Brian

Age - 15

Location - Georgia

Degree/Education - High School Sophomore, wanting to get a major in Computer Science

Area of science - Computer Science

Area of science in interest in addition to the already obtained/working-on degree - No degree, but I do know some coding and want to get my degree.

Edited by Xaos

My name is Holly, i am 16 and live in England! Yay go England :D

I have many interests including Physics and Chemistry and Maths. Also Langugaes: As well as English i speak German Dutch and Japanese (Although Ill be good here and speak English :3)

i also play the flute and bass guitar and attend church every friday after school... because I always seem to oversleep on Sundays ^.^

My dream is to either study Robotics with Japanese or heorectical Physics at Oxford... my hometown!

Hi, my name is Liam.

I'm a recent graduate in microbiology,from Ireland, looking to get some pratical lab experience, before starting a PhD in Staphylococcal research, as I fell i'm a bit naive in this respect still. Away from science, i'm a movie nerd and i'll read anything put in front of me.