Fire breath?

TransformerRobot

Two hollow teeth that are connected to glands that excrete two substances that upon being sprayed into the air they mix and spontaneously ignite a few centimeters outside her mouth...

Edited by Moontanman

Are you sure the fire wouldn't come from the creature's throat?

Are you sure? I always thought it was from somewhere in the abdomen.

Since no creature has ever used fire in this manner (that we know of) and this is fiction you can say it comes from where ever you want but the hollow teeth parallels the way a spitting cobra sprays it's venom. It's not outside the laws of physics or biology for a creature to exist that sprays two chemicals that ignite on contact.

Some beatles use a similar method but it comes out of their rectum...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_beetle

There is some speculation that spitting cobras were the origin of the fire breathing dragon myths....

Some beatles use a similar method but it comes out of their rectum...

I would love to see that in an animated feature.

So if it did come from her throat, her throat would have to be coated in some sort of mucus to keep it from burning up?

Yes, and I think it would be unlikely evolution would come up with such a combination. Moontanman's suggestion is a far more likely scenario.

wat is fire breath... i m new to this forum

how u get the fire will come from the creature's throat

The OP is trying to write a story that includes a being that can somehow spray fire like a mythical dragon, we are trying to help him come up with a reasonable way to allow his character to spray fire in his story...

What if the creature had some kind of flammable bile or poison it could spit as a deterrent, effective simply because it's nasty? They could have found out that they can start cooking fires more easily with it. Then the species learned how to set it aflame as they breathe out. Over time it became a weapon for them, but they still have to ignite it somehow, maybe with a spark or flame device on a ring or bracelet.