To the Members and Administrators here:

DocBill

The other forum is great, but I do not need personal attacks, e mails to my home and ofice telling me I will "Burn in Hell" because I understand Darwin, or that I am, in fact "Satan."

This forum is great, and I think that I will be very comfortable here. The other forum is a great forum as well. I miss being there, but to each his own.

Bill

We generally allow pseudoscience here, but we stop it when it gets out of hand... see the hall of shame, specifically Zarkov and Adam.

Religous nuts can post all they want, posts from the religion forum don't appear on the main page, so the only users who see the posts are the ones looking for the posts.

Nothing upsets me more than the pseudoscience forum having the most posts :/

I agree. One time (4 years ago) I was very happy with the Internet. I had news site, which fulfilled my needs for smart information (http://www.newpower.org or Newsmax before it became crap). Then they shut down. I was wondering the net for years (like Mui-Duib in Children of Dune) until I found scienceforums while looking for some information for my bio class. Great site. Has made me HAPPY.

P.S. Who else plays tennis on this site? I've noticed some references to tennis, so I was just wondering. I also play and happen to be very good.

P.S. Who else plays tennis on this site? I've noticed some references to tennis, so I was just wondering. I also play and happen to be very good.

I play a lot of tennis. I started around spring of last year, so I don't have years of experience under my belt. I'd rate myself around a 4 on the scale. What about you?

Well, my brother was a professional player (highest ranking 200, but was much better. He quit for 5 years, and then joined on tour). My sister plays for FSU. I started at late age of 10(in pro standards) and played for 5 years in Chicago (Rank #15 boys 16s). Then I moved to Florida where my sister was playing and when to school. The school (one I attended) was across the street from my sister’s academy, so I played in the afternoons, but no more tournaments because I just quit a year before (16). My brother taught me how to play so my strokes are very good and I play for fun only, but it's funny for these people to be surprised by my 105+- mph serves.

Originally posted by fafalone

4? 4 is advanced. most non-varsity college players are around 3. I'm around 5.0... pros are 7.0

(NTRP scale)

I know NOTHING about sports (apart from Aikido). Is the scale the same as a chronological scale, in inverse property scale, or is it logorythmic? I have absolutely no clue. Is, for example, a 2 10x better than a 1, etc.?

Bill

4.0 - This player has dependable strokes on both forehand and backhand sides; has the ability to use a variety of shots including lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys; can place the first serve and force some errors; is seldom out of position in a doubles game.

This is me :D

I'm terrible at tennis:D but I do find it fun to play when I can

I too, am grateful for this forum, seems nobody on this earth is interested in science anymore, even trying to debate the most basic concepts of science on other forums I get responses like "huh:|" :P

bring all your friends doc! well maybe not the bad ones, but I doubt they'd be your friends, we could always use more regulars here ;)

Originally posted by Dudde

I'm terrible at tennis:D but I do find it fun to play when I can

hehe, me too

Originally posted by fafalone

Since most people don't like talking about science is why we're growing slowly... but we're getting bigger. The more people the better... word of mouth is one of the best tools.

Well, its on my site; :)

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey

i started coming here because I am a bit disappointed with sciforums...

they somehow don't seem to appreciate actual researchers or intellectual debate...especially if they use up precious bandwith for mindless chatter.

Hmm. Sounds like a site I helped make one of the fastest growing "science" sites..till the thought police found it....

Bill

ME! I love tennis! But, alas, I am cursed. I cannot serve. Well, I can, but the ball usually goes flying out of everyone's reach, and up, up and away! (and I accidentally hit it diagonally too!). But otherwise, I'm okay.:D

Originally posted by DocBill

What do you have a doctorate in and what are you researching?

I'd presume it's something in the general area of physics, from the Feynmantastic avatar, but then it's physics or stamp collecting isn't it.

Although the avatar isn't perfect, as the picture of Dick P staring at me may force me to accept what you say more readily. Hohum.

This post was sponsered in part by Lord Rutherford.

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

What do you have a doctorate in and what are you researching?

I'd presume it's something in the general area of physics, from the Feynmantastic avatar, but then it's physics or stamp collecting isn't it.

Although the avatar isn't perfect, as the picture of Dick P staring at me may force me to accept what you say more readily. Hohum.

This post was sponsered in part by Lord Rutherford.

OK. I will need to ask a couple of questions first in order to answer:

1. Which research?

2 Which Doctorate?

Bill

ps: Yes. I very much enjoyed Dick, as a person, and as a teacher. I might have put up Carl..but that is still too recent.

pps: I would not expect you to make a judgement on anything I say unless it is based on WHAT I SAY.

I left because fundementalists and pseudosciene had begun to take over, and the general administrators lacked the .."fortitude" to step outside of their "Political correct" ideologies and ask them to stop attacking everyon who was a scientist, teacher, professor..well, I am sure you know. I may have (in fact I know I have) allerted about 2 dozen of the "non-assaulting" members of the "other" board, as they insisted that it had "gone to hell."

Riiiiiigggghhhhhhhhht......

The other forum is great, but I do not need personal attacks, e mails to my home and ofice telling me I will "Burn in Hell" because I understand Darwin, or that I am, in fact "Satan."

Really??? This happened AGAIN, and caused you to leave?!?!

mmmhmmmmm......