Liquid water on Mars

David Levy

To MigL

"David Levy still cannot understand that the reason the moon is slowly moving away from the Earht is due to the change in angular momentum from the tidal forces,"

The issue is very simple.

Today we all know the reason that causes the moon to move outwards from the Earth.

But, 50 years ago we didn't know that reason. Actually we didn't even think that there is a possibility that the moon is moving away from Earth.

Just after getting the formal approval from NASA about this situation, our wisdom science came out with this brilliant idea of reason.

Why they didn't think about it before getting the results from NASA???

Today, no one knows for sure if Mars is moving (inwards or outwards). Actually we can't ignore any idea of movement direction as currently there is no solid verification & test.

We just know that the Science consider that Mars stay in the same radius for billion of year. Is it reasonable???

I'm quite sure that if NASA will verify tomorrow that Mars moves outwards then the Science will immediately come with a new brilliant theory which explains this movement.

Why they can't estimate this situation in advance??? Why they can't see today what is quite clear and logical??

Today I have proved that there is significant evidence that Mars must had been in its Habitable Zone in the past.

Therefore, it must have been closer to the Sun.

Hence, it moves outwards from the Sun.

NASA – We have a problem!!! Please try to help!!!

Edited by David Levy

To MigL

"David Levy still cannot understand that the reason the moon is slowly moving away from the Earht is due to the change in angular momentum from the tidal forces,"

The issue is very simple.

Today we all know the reason that causes the moon to move outwards from the Earth.

But, 50 years ago we didn't know that reason. Actually we didn't even think that there is a possibility that the moon is moving away from Earth.

Just after getting the formal approval from NASA about this situation, our wisdom science came out with this brilliant idea of reason.

Why they didn't think about it before getting the results from NASA???

Today, no one knows for sure if Mars is moving (inwards or outwards). Actually we can't ignore any idea of movement direction as currently there is no solid verification & test.

We just know that the Science consider that Mars stay in the same radius for billion of year. Is it reasonable???

I'm quite sure that if NASA will verify tomorrow that Mars moves outwards then the Science will immediately come with a new brilliant theory which explains this movement.

Why they can't estimate this situation in advance??? Why they can't see today what is quite clear and logical??

Today I have proved that there is significant evidence that Mars must had been in its Habitable Zone in the past.

Therefore, it must have been closer to the Sun.

Hence, it moves outwards from the Sun.

NASA – We have a problem!!! Please try to help!!!

Actually there's a pretty simple way to determine if Mars is moving outwards or inwards.

You just measure the time it takes to ping the lander. If that amount of time changes by a statistically significant amount (iow, outside the error bars expected for communicating with another planet, and based on the changing distance between them as they orbit the sun), then Mars is moving.

But let us, for the sake of argument, assume Mars is moving outwards at a rate of 1 inch per year and has been doing so since 100 million years after the formation of the solar system. That means it will have moved something like 4.4 billion inches since the formation of the planets. That's only 69,000 miles. That's not even far enough to reach the moon.

In order to move from the earth's orbit to it's present location (a distance of .5 au), in 4.4 billion years, Mars would need to be moving roughly 669 inches per year (assuming my math is right). With the precision required to land something on the surface of Mars, someone would have noticed that the planet kept moving a little bit at that speed.

Edited by Greg H.

Any planet that was moving at the rate to move it out of the habitable zone would be moving at a rate so great that it would have collided with another planet between Earth and Mars. The early solar system had many smaller planets that crashed and combined until reaching the current equilibrium of all planets in our vicinity are moving in nearly circular orbits. They are not moving outward, or if moving outward at such a low rate that it would not be enough to move out of the habitable zone. So motion outward would have nothing to do with the reason Mars lost its lakes of liquid water. It lost its' liquid water when it lost its magnetic field and its' atmosphere got stripped away by the solar wind.

Edited by Airbrush

Dear Greg

"In order to move from the earth's orbit toit's present location (a distance of .5 au), in 4.4 billion years, Mars wouldneed to be moving roughly 669 inches per year"

Wow,great reply. Thanks you.

If NASA would make the verification and find this result, you have to take a trademark on that.

To:Airbrush

"It lost its' liquid water when it lost its magnetic field and its' atmosphere got stripped away by the solar wind".

Let's think what could be the outcome of the following theoretical step:.

Assuming that the Earth is placed at Mars location, what could be the result on liquid water???

I assume that it will freeze completely even that the Earth has asignificant magnetic field.

Therefore, Mars has no liquid water as it is not located at its Habitable Zone!!!

Edited by David Levy

That be irrelevant because it none be strong enough to manage the atmosphereive sustainance only the OzoneLayer can contain it and keep it in the relevant arrange

For air molecules to leave a planet, it must have a velocity higher than the 'escape velocity', which is

\sqrt { 2g{ r }_{ E } } 

, plugging in 9.8 for the value of g and 6.4e6 for earth's radius, we have 11kms-1. The velocity of air molecules is about 0.48kms-1, which is way smaller than the escape velocity. For where the equation come from, see Newton's universal law of gravitation. Thus, air molecules and ozone molecules don't leave the Earth that easily.

Did you thought that the ozone layer was a solid and it encased the earth?! If yes, have you ever thought of the large hole in the ozone layer above the North poles?! If your explanation were true, Our atmosphere would have been gone years ago.

To:Airbrush

Thanks for you rmessage!!!

I have reconsidered your reply.

It was a triggerfor me to verify the source of the magnetic field in a star.

Please see the thread which I have opened and let me know your advice.

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/69720-star-magnetic-field/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1

Edited by David Levy

David, David...

Newton knew the explanation for the tides 300+ yrs ago and could easily have inferred the movement of the moon away from earth. I don't know wether he did or not and don't have time to look it up. But it certainly wouldn't have needed verification from NASA.

Dear Greg

"In order to move from the earth's orbit toit's present location (a distance of .5 au), in 4.4 billion years, Mars wouldneed to be moving roughly 669 inches per year"

Wow,great reply. Thanks you.

If NASA would make the verification and find this result, you have to take a trademark on that.

I am starting to think you miss the point on purpose.

For air molecules to leave a planet, it must have a velocity higher than the 'escape velocity', which is

\sqrt { 2g{ r }_{ E } } 

, plugging in 9.8 for the value of g and 6.4e6 for earth's radius, we have 11kms-1. The velocity of air molecules is about 0.48kms-1, which is way smaller than the escape velocity. For where the equation come from, see Newton's universal law of gravitation. Thus, air molecules and ozone molecules don't leave the Earth that easily.

Did you thought that the ozone layer was a solid and it encased the earth?! If yes, have you ever thought of the large hole in the ozone layer above the North poles?! If your explanation were true, Our atmosphere would have been gone years ago.

There is no hole in the OzoneLayer it be a hateful lie The atmosphere would have scattered out to space

In order for liquid water to exist, there has to be a high enough air pressure or at least high enough of some external pressure, and Mars has a much lower air pressure than Earth, which means water evaporates much easier. There is however ice water underneath the ground on Mars, which makes sense because there's a higher pressure.

Replies be variable Reply specificaly about the post directly or indirectly It be respective

So far everything you have asserted has been horse feathers, I have been respectful and offered you links to evidence of your mistakes. You however insist on simply making baseless claims with no evidence what so ever.

So far everything you have asserted has been horse feathers, I have been respectful and offered you links to evidence of your mistakes. You however insist on simply making baseless claims with no evidence what so ever.

Yoy still do not uderstand

Your reply was to me about my reply to mallinia

You should have repied indirectly useing FastReply at the end of the application

There is no hole in the OzoneLayer it be a hateful lie The atmosphere would have scattered out to space

Unfortunately, yes there is one, and fauna and flora are dying because of that.

Another thing. If rockets flew to the moon, the exhaust gases will also destroy part of the ozone layer, apart from tearing it apart. Thus the rockets will create holes where our atmosphere can leak out forever?!!!

Unfortunately, yes there is one, and fauna and flora are dying because of that.

Another thing. If rockets flew to the moon, the exhaust gases will also destroy part of the ozone layer, apart from tearing it apart. Thus the rockets will create holes where our atmosphere can leak out forever?!!!

What are there symtoms Ifbe being i can assist there illness or if sickness

I agree I am also against rockets and airplans

So you suppose it is not a lie and there is holes in the OzoneLayer

You need to specificaly explain your supposings Be more specific every time

What are there symtoms Ifbe being i can assist there illness or if sickness

I agree I am also against rockets and airplans

So you suppose it is not a lie and there is holes in the OzoneLayer

You need to specificaly explain your supposings Be more specific every time

Rockets already flew to the moon.

The ozone layer is depleting.

The ozone layer is not a solid.

The animals are getting skin cancer. If you went there, you probably would too.

Rockets already flew to the moon.

The ozone layer is depleting.

The ozone layer is not a solid.

The animals are getting skin cancer. If you went there, you probably would too.

You keep saying the samething

Just be against it

Defend your self

Be correct

So you shall none be to blame if something auful happens