Will a Romney/Ryan win save us?

rigney

How can you possibly compare Obama sounding like himself over a four year period, with Romney sounding exactly like Bush, with failed Bush policies and Bush advisers and failed Bush tax plans and an admiration for Satan Dick Cheney? Have you not seen the numbers showing that Obama's policies are bringing the economy around, while Bush/Romney policies screwed us in the first place?

Many things stand out about this election, but the ones that stand out most to me are the pathetic Congress that wouldn't work with Obama (making it the least productive Congress since 1947), the Republican self-fulfilling prophecy with regard to federal government (they don't want it to work, so it doesn't), Mitt's son having ANYTHING to do with voting machines when his dad is running for president, and Romney's sell out to the neocon strategies that made Bush II such a poor leader at a time when this nation needed strength and direction.

Rigney, you've claimed you can see now that Bush II was a disaster as a president, so different from his father, so why would you support Romney when he's going to just repeat those disaster years if he's elected? It took Bush eight years to put us in this position, and you won't give Obama four more just when his policies are starting to turn things around? You want to give Bush another chance?

When I read a statement about a past vice-president being compared to satan, I question the intelligence of the persenter. As much as I despise Obama's policies I don't hate the man, only his willingness to bring this nation to a precipice unlike any I have seen since December of 1941. At present his policies are as meaningful to me as a Buck Rogers comic book. Any accomplishments he can show has been by riding roughshod over a congress not ready for his style of innovation. While I disagreed with many things Bush II did, they were under totally different circumstances, yet I never hated the man, only some of his policies. Bush stepped into a strange presidency almost from the start. We lost 3,000 people, a world trade center, a big chunk of our pentagon and a huge hole in the ground in Pa., from the work of some heroic people. And all during his first year in office. Obama inherited a war in Iraq that had run its course. One in Afghanistan that has become increasingly less managable and our national debt has zoomed up up by a +five trillion dollars. I'd like to give Romney the next chance of screwing everything up. Hey! There are many others waiting in the wings literally praying to take his place if he can't get the job done. Well, we will know in a few days what will be in store for us, right? Edited by rigney

"When I read a statement about a past vice-president being compared to satan, I question the intelligence of the persenter. "

The rest of us understand irony.

"As much as I despise Obama's policies I don't hate the man, only his willingness to bring this nation to a precipice "

Nope, the jobless totals were skyrocketing when he took the job on. He has addressed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Unemployment_1890-2011.gif

The economy is on the up too.

"Any accomplishments he can show has been by riding roughshod over a congress not ready for his style of innovation."

If that's what it takes to accomplish things then that's what he was elected for. Would you have preferred that he kowtowed to Congress and achieved nothing?

"While I disagreed with many things Bush II did, they were under totally different circumstances,"

Specifically, Bush II started a war against Bin Laden, Obama finished it.

"Obama inherited a war in Iraq that had run its course. One in Afghanistan that has become increasingly less managable and our national debt has zoomed up up by a +five trillion dollars"

Yep, much of that debt was due to paying for the war that GW didn't need to start. No war in Afghanistan was ever "manageable"

The debt, like the unemployment figures were rising steeply when Obama took over. It's still rising, but it's rising more slowly thanks to the new guy's policies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USDebt.png

"We lost 3,000 people, a world trade center, a big chunk of our pentagon and a huge hole in the ground in Pa., from the work of some heroic people. "

Matter of opinion, I'd say we lost them due to the work of some people who were, at best, deluded: some would say they were just plain evil.

However it's interesting to contemplate why they may have thought that the US was biassed against their people. Still, the Arab / Israel thing sis probably a different topic.

Dreadful thought the loss of those 3000 is, it's not as bad as the loss of 4500 or so US troops in the war that Bush started in Iraq (on the basis of actions by people who were from a different country- it seems geography wasn't W's strong point).

Then there are the casualties of soldiers from other countries (about 300, more than half of which are from my country)

Oh, and half a million or so civilians.

All because of Mr Bush's policies to give money to the likes of Haliburton.

Bush is responsible for half as many American's deaths again as the 9/11 attacks. Remember that when you think of voting for the guy who thinks Bush was right.

"I'd like to give Romney thes next chance of screwing everything up. "

In the way that Bush did and Obama didn't.

That's an odd way to go about it.

"There are many others waiting in the wings literally praying to take his place if he can't get the job done."

Yes, but if you elect Romney then you are stuck with him for a long time during which I suspect he will do a lot of damage to most Americans (albeit that he will make the very rich even richer).

"When I read a statement about a past vice-president being compared to satan, I question the intelligence of the persenter. "

The rest of us understand irony.

"As much as I despise Obama's policies I don't hate the man, only his willingness to bring this nation to a precipice "

Nope, the jobless totals were skyrocketing when he took the job on. He has addressed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Unemployment_1890-2011.gif

The economy is on the up too.

"Any accomplishments he can show has been by riding roughshod over a congress not ready for his style of innovation."

If that's what it takes to accomplish things then that's what he was elected for. Would you have preferred that he kowtowed to Congress and achieved nothing?

"While I disagreed with many things Bush II did, they were under totally different circumstances,"

Specifically, Bush II started a war against Bin Laden, Obama finished it.

"Obama inherited a war in Iraq that had run its course. One in Afghanistan that has become increasingly less managable and our national debt has zoomed up up by a +five trillion dollars"

Yep, much of that debt was due to paying for the war that GW didn't need to start. No war in Afghanistan was ever "manageable"

The debt, like the unemployment figures were rising steeply when Obama took over. It's still rising, but it's rising more slowly thanks to the new guy's policies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USDebt.png

"We lost 3,000 people, a world trade center, a big chunk of our pentagon and a huge hole in the ground in Pa., from the work of some heroic people. "

Matter of opinion, I'd say we lost them due to the work of some people who were, at best, deluded: some would say they were just plain evil.

However it's interesting to contemplate why they may have thought that the US was biassed against their people. Still, the Arab / Israel thing sis probably a different topic.

Dreadful thought the loss of those 3000 is, it's not as bad as the loss of 4500 or so US troops in the war that Bush started in Iraq (on the basis of actions by people who were from a different country- it seems geography wasn't W's strong point).

Then there are the casualties of soldiers from other countries (about 300, more than half of which are from my country)

All because of Mr Bush's policies to give money to the likes of Haliburton.

Bush is responsible for half as many American's deaths again as the 9/11 attacks. Remember that when you think of voting for the guy who thinks Bush was right.

"I'd like to give Romney thes next chance of screwing everything up. "

In the way that Bush did and Obama didn't.

That's an odd way to go about it.

"There are many others waiting in the wings literally praying to take his place if he can't get the job done."

Yes, but if you elect Romney then you are stuck with him for a long time during which I suspect he will do a lot of damage to most Americans (albeit that he will make the very rich even richer).

I suppose that's why I love living in a free Democratic Republic. We give a guy four years to do or not to do. If his antics don't conform to what the majority wants, he's gone and we get another possible dunce.

We'll know how things stand after next Tuesday. Have a good day.

When I read a statement about a past vice-president being compared to satan, I question the intelligence of the persenter.

I consider it evil to gain the second most powerful office in the country and then manipulate the system so your former company gets an offensive multi-billion dollar no-bid contract while continuing to espouse the glories of free market capitalism. I don't understand how ANY Republican with an ounce of self-respect can justify belief in the market and small government while allowing someone like Dick Cheney to shelter his company from the normal pressures of that market with hyper-inflated big government bureaucratic largesse. Shame on YOU for questioning MY intelligence while defending that satanical hypocrite!

I'd like to give Romney the next chance of screwing everything up. Hey! There are many others waiting in the wings literally praying to take his place if he can't get the job done. Well, we will know in a few days what will be in store for us, right?

Will you STOP reading the idiot propaganda you're gobbling up and look at some unbiased reports? The stock market is up, employment is rising, the economy is getting better, our status with foreign countries is vastly improved, we're working harder on alternative energies, and taxes are at the lowest they've been in modern history. Eight years of stupidity have been reversed in just four years by using some smart strategies. The situation in America is GETTING BETTER and you want to hand it back to the party that kicked us in the ditch and blocked attempts to get us out?! You dare question MY intelligence?!

One of the things I like best about Obama is his ability to learn from his mistakes. Bush continued failed processes and policies thinking that they'd automagically get better. When Obama tried his brand of nation-building in Afghanistan, he saw quickly it wouldn't work and scaled back. He gave too many concessions to China but when they started acting too aggressively he stood up and reasserted our military presence in the Pacific. He tried maybe too much diplomacy with Iran and North Korea and when that didn't work he stepped up and became more confrontational. He lives in reality, unlike Bush or Romney, he knows real people and real circumstances. He deserves a Congress that will work WITH him, he's hit his stride, he's experienced now AND I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU WANT TO HAND OVER THE REINS TO A ONE-TERM GOVERNOR WHO'S BEEN TELLING EVERYBODY ANYTHING HE THINKS THEY WANT TO HEAR BUT CAN'T TELL US SPECIFICALLY HOW HE PLANS TO RUN THE COUNTRY.

I consider it evil to gain the second most powerful office in the country and then manipulate the system so your former company gets an offensive multi-billion dollar no-bid contract while continuing to espouse the glories of free market capitalism. I don't understand how ANY Republican with an ounce of self-respect can justify belief in the market and small government while allowing someone like Dick Cheney to shelter his company from the normal pressures of that market with hyper-inflated big government bureaucratic largesse. Shame on YOU for questioning MY intelligence while defending that satanical hypocrite!

Will you STOP reading the idiot propaganda you're gobbling up and look at some unbiased reports? The stock market is up, employment is rising, the economy is getting better, our status with foreign countries is vastly improved, we're working harder on alternative energies, and taxes are at the lowest they've been in modern history. Eight years of stupidity have been reversed in just four years by using some smart strategies. The situation in America is GETTING BETTER and you want to hand it back to the party that kicked us in the ditch and blocked attempts to get us out?! You dare question MY intelligence?!

One of the things I like best about Obama is his ability to learn from his mistakes. Bush continued failed processes and policies thinking that they'd automagically get better. When Obama tried his brand of nation-building in Afghanistan, he saw quickly it wouldn't work and scaled back. He gave too many concessions to China but when they started acting too aggressively he stood up and reasserted our military presence in the Pacific. He tried maybe too much diplomacy with Iran and North Korea and when that didn't work he stepped up and became more confrontational. He lives in reality, unlike Bush or Romney, he knows real people and real circumstances. He deserves a Congress that will work WITH him, he's hit his stride, he's experienced now AND I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU WANT TO HAND OVER THE REINS TO A ONE-TERM GOVERNOR WHO'S BEEN TELLING EVERYBODY ANYTHING HE THINKS THEY WANT TO HEAR BUT CAN'T TELL US SPECIFICALLY HOW HE PLANS TO RUN THE COUNTRY.

Well, we turned the reins of power over to a one term "do nothing" senator who had previously been a community organizer in Chicago. Give it a few days and we'll see how many idiots have taken the Romney bait??? Yes!, I dare to question the intelligence of any democrat, especially my own. Edited by rigney

I see you put "do nothing" in quotes.

Is that because you know that he has done rather a lot?

Obamacare (like it or loathe it) is something.

Overseeing the death of Bin Laden is something

But most of all,

Getting unemployment down is something.

Getting the economy back together is something.

Seriously, how can you call that "do nothing"?

Well, we turned the reins of power over to a one term "do nothing" senator who had previously been a community organizer in Chicago.

I'm sorry, did you mean to say "three term Illinois Senator" in addition to his term as US Senator, which he had to step down from because of, you know, being elected President of the United States? And if you think Obama was a "do nothing" Senator, well, it's clear you aren't living in reality like the rest of us.

Give it a few days and we'll see how many idiots have taken the Romney bait???

Oh, I think quite a few idiots will do that. Not because of Mitt, but because they think the Republicans still represent them like they did in 1982. History-challenged, non-reality based Republicans.

Yes!, I dare to question the intelligence of any democrat, especially my own.

Oh, you're a Democrat now? I can see why you flip (or is it flop?) over Mitt.

Oh, but those aren't "real" people. Just a bunch of men, women and children trying to get through the day. But they are brown, and over.....there....

BTW, where is my bible, I need it to overturn Roe V Wade....babies from rape are gifts from god and all that.

I see you put "do nothing" in quotes.

Is that because you know that he has done rather a lot?

Obamacare (like it or loathe it) is something.

Overseeing the death of Bin Laden is something

But most of all,

Getting unemployment down is something.

Getting the economy back together is something.

Seriously, how can you call that "do nothing"?

And You're serious, aren't you?

Obama has done lots and lots of things! But only if you say them fast. Edited by rigney

While I disagreed with many things Bush II did' date=' they were under totally different circumstances, [/quote'] No kidding.

He inherited a reasonably competent administration and a hurting but still prosperous country that was beginning to dig itself out from under the last bout of Reaganomics. He inherited a working, functioning government.

Obama inherited the worst mess and most incompetently governed America since the Dust Bowl. He inherited a country running trillion dollar deficits (W's last two budget years) and two unfunded land wars in Asia, with every single government agency stuffed with political hacks and Party loyalists and religious fundies of infantile agenda and sophomoric ideology. He inherited a Congress dedicated to destroying his Presidency at any cost to the country, and a Supreme Court packed with reactionary agenda driven whackjobs.

It's a miracle he got anything done at all.

And You're serious, aren't you?

Obama has done lots and lots of things! But only if you say them fast.

Yes, I'm serious, so could you please answer the question.

The usual interpretation of "but only if you say them fast" is a reference to the debating trick of saying something false or questionable and then rapidly saying something uncontroversial before anyone has a chance to question the first bit.

For a start, it doesn't work on-line because people have plenty of time to read what you have said and point out the flaws.

For an encore, it's usual for people to follow up an allegation of using that trick by pointing out what the false or questionable statement was.

Rigney hasn't. probably because he can't.

http://brucegarrett.com/brucelog/6513

If you’re still committed to vote for this man admit it…you don’t care that he’s a brazen in-your-face liar. You care about something else. Maybe it’s the president is a darkie. Maybe it’s the homosexuals are after your children. Maybe its rape is a gift from God. Whatever.

You’re going to vote for the liar. Because he shares your moral values.

It's strange to me how many see Obama as the Messiah without looking any further or digging any deeper into his makeup. It's sort of like the story of not being able to see the forest for the trees, or vice versa. One simply clutters the view of the other. His policies have done nothing but divide this country into two enemy camps that many fail to understand. Tell me, how will our staunchest ally in the middle east, Israel; play into our next four years if Obama is reelected?

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/26/israels-staunchest-ally-stephen-harper-has-transformed-canadas-mideast-policy

Edited by rigney

It's strange to me how many see Obama as the Messiah without looking any further or digging any deeper into his makeup.

Who are these people and why are they relevant to the thread?

Tell me, how will our staunchest ally in the middle east, Israel; play into our next four years if Obama is reelected?

He'll probably treat them like he's been treating them; better than our other allies and unimaginably better than an apartheid state like them deserves.

His policies have done nothing but divide this country into two enemy camps that many fail to understand.

No, that would be FOX and the GOP. There have even been bills written by the GOP that got blocked by the GOP simply because Obama publicly supported them.

What Obama said was that there should be a more even balance.

That seems reasonable in the light of the figures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict#Fatalities_1948.E2.80.93present

Why unreservedly support the side that's responsible for more deaths and, in particular, for more civilian deaths?

What Obama said was that there should be a more even balance.

That seems reasonable in the light of the figures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_conflict#Fatalities_1948.E2.80.93present

Why unreservedly support the side that's responsible for more deaths and, in particular, for more civilian deaths?

Tell me John, who starts all of those ass kicking killings over there, the Israelies? Edited by rigney

I don't know. The "start" of this was 4000 years ago.

But I know who is responsible for the disproportionate retaliation.

Tell me John, what is the meaning of disproportionate retaliation when another nation fires rockest and sends martyrs into your neighborhood with bombs strapped to them, and meant to murder your people? Me, I call it reprisal! Edited by rigney

Tell me John, what is the meaning of disproportionate retaliation when another nation fires rockest and sends martyrs into your neighborhood with bombs strapped to them, and meant to murder your people? Me, I call it reprisal!

Since you seem to be a fan of YT videos, check this one out. It's relevant, and unlike some of yours, is not spammy personal attacks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_jvXnPG9Xc

Tell me John, what is the meaning of disproportionate retaliation when another nation fires rockest and sends martyrs into your neighborhood with bombs strapped to them, and meant to murder your people? Me, I call it reprisal!

How would you react if Canada invaded and occupied the US? Would you sit there and take it? How about after they restrict your access to movement during their occupation? How about after they restrict your access to water during the occupation? What if the Canadians tore down your home?

Apartheid is a bad thing; it's about time you stop getting your news from FOX.