Do men think about women more than women think about men?

Mr Rayon

Yes. On average. Men do often talk or think about females. But females tend to only think of males when they are arroused.

Males also have higher brain activity than females; higher IQs; bigger brain mass.

I bet the girls love you....

I bet the girls love you....

Hee hee. :lol:

Based on how often men and women talk about each other, I'd have to guess that men and women think about each other with roughly the same frequency. The big difference I've seen is that when guys think about women, they tend to think about the woman that most recently passed through their field of vision. Women on the other hand (from an outsiders viewpoint) seem to be much more selective in who they think about. Seems like they are more likely to focus on a single man or a small set of men at one time.

I think that women, with their plunging necklines, short skirts/shorts, and über-tight clothing (undergarments optional), give men more reasons for men to think about women than men give women reasons to think about men. If men walked around in public in shamelessly bulging ballet tights with tufts of pubic hair teasingly popping out above the waistline, I think women would think as much about men as men think about women.

Consider bra straps. I can remember when it was an embarrassment for a woman to allow her bra straps to show. Nowadays, we see them everywhere. Same thing with panty tops and thongs. Underclothing is supposed to be under something, right? Then there's the women who seem to run around in public in their pajama bottoms.

Somewhere along the way (I think a few hundred years ago), society went from a men-attract-women arrangement to a women-attract-men arrangement.

Personally, I think wearing spandex should be a misdemeanor if her BMI is >25 (overweight) and a felony if it's >30 (obese).

If you can't buy off the rack, then don't go out in public. ;)

I think that women, with their plunging necklines, short skirts/shorts, and über-tight clothing (undergarments optional), give men more reasons for men to think about women than men give women reasons to think about men. If men walked around in public in shamelessly bulging ballet tights with tufts of pubic hair teasingly popping out above the waistline, I think women would think as much about men as men think about women.

Consider bra straps. I can remember when it was an embarrassment for a woman to allow her bra straps to show. Nowadays, we see them everywhere. Same thing with panty tops and thongs. Underclothing is supposed to be under something, right? Then there's the women who seem to run around in public in their pajama bottoms.

Somewhere along the way (I think a few hundred years ago), society went from a men-attract-women arrangement to a women-attract-men arrangement.

Personally, I think wearing spandex should be a misdemeanor if her BMI is >25 (overweight) and a felony if it's >30 (obese).

If you can't buy off the rack, then don't go out in public. ;)

Where do you live?

It is rare for me to see a bit of women's underware in public, I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing to be able to say women aren't wearing underware at all, and I have never seen 'tufts of pubic hair popping out' whether teasingly or in any other manner.

I'd have to say, after talking to my girlfriend, that men and women think about each other more or less the same amount.

Men talk about women more than women talk about men.

There imonies cause for men to talk about women as well. The male sexdrive is generally more active than an equivalent females (though the gap is becoming smaller).

And as per Ewmon's post, women do wear more attractive clothing, and in general are more attractive anyway.

But as for thinking? It's about the same.

Where do you live?

It is rare for me to see a bit of women's underware in public

In the general Boston area.

Underwear showing? Not usually on professional or older women, but it seems okay for plenty of young women and teenagers.

I was at a festival on the river last week, it was quite windy spring day, and due to a very strong wind coming in off the river a wide variety of female under garments was on display as well as the lack there of. Funny how the carpet so seldom matches the drapes, of course at least two young ladies had taken care of that by removing the carpeting completely, I guess purple drapes was just too difficult to find an excuse for the mismatch...

It is said that men think about women on average once every two minutes, but with practice and dedication you can get this down to well below thirty seconds.

When I was young I was unaware you could think of anything else...

Edited by Moontanman

In the general Boston area.

Underwear showing? Not usually on professional or older women, but it seems okay for plenty of young women and teenagers.

I'm from the midwest so it's probably more conservative here. But the young women do often dress very provocatively. It's kind of creepy for me when someone who caught my eye turns toward me and I realize that she is about 15.

I just checked with my wife and she said that men think of women WAY more than women think of men.

She said a woman may have 10 things going on in her mind at once:

Work, school, the car, dinner with her friends, men, remember to call my sister, clothes, the baby shower, clean the bathroom, get home in time for the baseball game.

Men may also have 10 things going on in his mind at once:

Women, women in swimsuits, I'd like to see that woman in a swimsuit, is that a woman up there?, I'm getting a bit randy, get the oil changed, boy I'd like to change her oil, who is that new woman at work?, swimsuit issue of sports illustrated, women.

She told me some more things but the Victoria Secrets commercial came on and I missed what she was saying...

I love it when a thread about female behavior(or at least 50% of the question is) is roughly 100% dominated by men. Must be the higher brain mass thingy and suchalike

*hides*

Edited by CharonY

I love it when a thread about female behavior(or at least 50% of the question is) is roughly 100% dominated by men. Must be the higher brain mass thingy and suchalike

*hides*

I wonder how many men are going to have a quick look at your profile now. Been there, done that, got the T shirt!biggrin.gif