How has Barack managed to accomplish so much in but 3 years?

Divagating the Future

Barack Obama has perhaps accomplished more than any other President in just over three years of service.

By deliberate design, Barack Obama daily makes America weaker abroad, less Free (more Authoritarian) at home, economically more feeble, and more bitterly divided than ever.

Really, I think Barack Obama represents the greatest military campaign since Alexander the Great!

He has done to America, in 3 years, what the Soviets were unable to do in 50.

He has done in 3 years, what the Arab world has been unable to do in millennium. He is bringing all the Arab states together, under one banner, for a single purpose.→ The destruction of Israel.

He's been like a maestro, the way he conducts his allies in the Main Stream Media, Big Business, and the Big Wall Street Firms.

Like a Magician, he's always pulling the impossible, out of his hat. He has a Treasury Secretary - Timothy Geithner - who doesn't pay his taxes.

He has a jobs commission guy - Jeffery Immelt - who only creates jobs in CHINA, by closing up his factories in America, and re-opening them again, in CHINA..!

He has the richest man in America, lamenting the fact that he doesn't pay enough in taxes, while he has teams of lawyers fighting the IRS, over the $2 MILLION that he OWES.

And, of course, he spends most of his time, these days, vilifying the RICH, as he keeps hanging out with them at the golf course, the White House,in their homes, and even when he goes on his extravagant and numerous vacations on the taxpayers tab.

Like Hitler's Nazi Germany, he is dividing Americans by wealth. He attacks the rich bankers (JEWS) as he pretends to defend the Great Unwashed.

Like Lenin, he attacks the Bourgeoisie.

Like Mao and Castro, he attacks Capitalism.

Like the boxer, Muhammad Ali, in his prime, he jabs his Republican opposition at will, with the Media as the referee, against the ropes, until the time that he can knock them out.

Like a Chess Master, he moves his players (CZARS) around the board. Always thinking 6 moves ahead.

Like a Japanese puppet show, he only shows Americans, what he wants them to see. Americans never see the ones controlling all of the movements. (CZARS)

How is it that Americans are OBLIVIOUS to what this man is doing?

It's written in the books he wrote. {one book,"Dreams from MY Father" is tentatively written by him}

It's what he ran on, in the 2008 election.

Everything↔ he's doing,

EVERYTHING..>>is what just what HE TOLD Americans he would do.

Amazing..truly amazing!

Must be magick!

Edited by Queen of Wands

!

Moderator Note

Rule 1c Slurs or prejudice against any group of people (or person) are prohibited.
Rule 2 Plagiarism/copyright violation is unacceptable. Paraphrasing is acceptable, but direct copying and passing others' work off as your own thoughts is not.
Rule 4 The use of logical fallacies to prove a point is prohibited. The use of fallacies undermines an argument, and the constant use of them is simply irritating.
Rule 8 Preaching and "soap-boxing" (making topics or posts without inviting, or even rejecting, open discussion) are not allowed. This is a discussion forum, not your personal lecture hall.

This is a science site, so even in the politics section we like facts and not fabrication. You are free to discuss any shortcoming you perceive in the president, but you will do so within the rules, or threads will be locked and/or you will be booted.

Just out of curiosity did you write that? It's just that it appears all over the internet - the first instance I can find is here, it's a comment by Timothy L Pennell If you did write it you might want to get people to start giving you a credit, if you didn't you might want to put it in quotes.

That's aside from the fact that it is, on the whole, baseless fact-free spleen with a passing acquaintance to rhetoric and no correspondence to the truth.

Just out of curiosity did you write that? It's just that it appears all over the internet - the first instance I can find is here, it's a comment by Timothy L Pennell If you did write it you might want to get people to start giving you a credit, if you didn't you might want to put it in quotes.

That's aside from the fact that it is, on the whole, baseless fact-free spleen with a passing acquaintance to rhetoric and no correspondence to the truth.

I don't copyrigt all I write. And, should you read the "about me" section.. I do so write a lot.

As such:

Control Freak

He’s a real Control Freak Man

Ruling in what he wants to be a serfdom land

Making all his controlling plans

For everybody

Doesn’t listen to an opposing point of view

Control Freak man, ruling all he thinks is his purview

Control Freak Man, he had better listen

He don’t know with what he’s messin’

Knows already just what he wants to do

Doesn’t he seem more and more like Hitler and Mussolini to you?

Ruling in what he wants to be a serfdom held land

For everybody

He’s as blinded by his lust for power as he can be

Just sees what he wants to see

He’s got such a Royalist point of call

Control Freak Man can you even see America at all?

Knows already just what he wants to do

Doesn’t he seem more and more like Hitler and Mussolini to you?

Ruling in what he wants to be a serfdom land

For everybody

About Control Freak Man we should all worry

To destroy all America built he is in a hurry

If he controls everything his fascist way

It will be a forlorn day

Hes going to leave America in a terrible mess

Anyone of at all sound mind must confess

Ruling in what he wants to be a vassal land

For everybody

© LLL

You're entitled to your opinion, but you can't present it as fact, not even if you rhyme.

???→ Am I in China???

Sor- ry.

You don't EVEN know to whom this poem is referring to..

You see any name..?

Maybe I was referring to my alter-personality.

Can't I talk about myself?

Nothing..Nothing at all states this as being factual.

Your bias just made it seem so..→ to you.

Be honest with yourself..at the least.

So much for freedom of speech.

}{→ Fly away..fly away<•>

Careful now, on what you say.

Careful now,

Or they'll lock you away.

Edited by Queen of Wands

Queen of Wands, just out of curiosity, do you work for any of the republican super PACs?

I read that the concept of a super PAC is new, and that they are very very wealthy, and that they have a mostly negative focus, so it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if they suddenly appear all over the internet's forums talking crap about Obama.

We know from experience that spamming isn't very expensive. Spammers can employ people to write unique, on-topic posts, only to insert a link to their website. So, it's definitely within the possibilities of a super PAC to have numerous people spamming the politics sections of the internet.

Although I only have a suspicion about Queen of Wands, I have a feeling that there will be super PAC spammers before the end of the year. And they will be real people, with legitimate accounts. But paid by democrats and republicans to spam.

Edited by CaptainPanic

You don't EVEN know to whom this poem is referring to..

You see any name..?

Maybe I was referring to my alter-personality.

Can't I talk about myself?

Nothing..Nothing at all states this as being factual.

Your bias just made it seem so..→ to you.

Then it's off-topic and against the rules.

I don't copyrigt all I write.

So much for freedom of speech.

!

Moderator Note

What you write is protected by copyright. It requires no action on your part (in many countries, at least, including the US), so this is moot. You do have the option of placing your work in the public domain, or applying e.g. a creative commons license to it. That's your call.

The problem is taking what someone else wrote and presenting it without attribution. You don't get to decide whether they are enforcing their copyright, so you need to check whether they have done this. And regardless of copyright issues, passing off the work of another as your own is plagiarism, which is also not tolerated and this stance is not negotiable.

Freedom of speech is between you and the government. On this site you follow the rules; also non-negotiable. If you don't like it, you are free to start up your own website and say whatever you want.

Let's get back on track.

Let's open up the discussion with some controversy, shall we?

PROS

1) Ending "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

2) Demolishing the leadership of al Qaeda

CONS

1) Poor reaction to the BP Gulf Spill

2) Extending the Bush tax cuts

3) Guantanamo is still open

4) Getting us involved in Libya, without Congressional approval

5) Failure of the DREAM Act

6) Failure to pass Cap and Trade

7) Failure to get single-payer health care through

8) Giving up the missile shield in Poland without getting anything in return from the Russians

9) Rather than halving the deficit, he increased it to $1.3 trillion

10) Increasing the national debt, which he previously called unpatriotic

11) Apologizing for how bad America is

12) Bowing to foreign leaders

13) Saying America is no longer a Christian nation, then going to Egypt and declaring America one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.

14) Attacking John Boehner for smoking, even though Obama himself is a smoker

15) In the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti, Obama ran up to Massachusetts to campaign for the Democrat there. For big publicity, he should have gone to Haiti and helped pull people out of the rubble. That would have improved America's image to the world.

16) Giving a half a billion dollars to Solyndra, only to see them buckle up within a year

17) Under his administration weapons were put into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, and were used to kill an American agent. Hard to explain that one.

18) His $800+ billion stimulus, which was supposed to keep unemployment at seven percent, has not stopped it from rising to 9.1%

19) His $450 billion jobs plan is supposed to create a million jobs. Do the math, and that means government will spend $450,000 PER new job created. The private sector can hire ten workers for $450,000 - government possibly, perhaps hires one - maybe, and then only temporarily. Once the road or bridge is built, the worker is laid off. Herbert Hoover tried the same thing, using public works projects to spur employment - guess what, it didn't work. The Great Depression got worse.

20) Making Afghanistan his war, and a couple months ago was our deadliest month there in the 10-year war's history. Americans are still unsure exactly what our goal is over there, and how we are going to accomplish it.

21) Wasting his first two years, with Democratic control of the House and Senate, on a controversial health care reform bill that squandered his popularity. He might have been better served to focus on the economy!

22) Shutting Republicans, and the American public, out of the health care debate, by having closed-door meetings in the middle of the night and on weekends. Congress, similarly, tended to only discuss the issue on weekends, when CSPAN was not covering the events.

23) Saying he would post bills online for days before signing them, so Americans can see what he is signing. But that quickly ended, and he would sign favorable bills within hours.

24) Promising to be post-partisan, yet rather than uniting and leading, he has divided and sought to rule. From saying he doesn't want Republicans to do a lot of talking, to calling the TEA party a bunch of racists, terrorists and hostage-takers, to saying that Republicans "have to sit in the back".

25) Having a cabinet and advisers full of people who do not pay their taxes, and who talk about the inspirational speeches of Mao.

EDIT:

26) One of his first acts as President over-turned the Mexico City policy, allowing the federal government to fund abortions performed in other countries. He enters office with an economy going over the cliff, but priority number one is opening federal funding to abortions performed overseas. That is not exactly my idea of getting our financial house in order.

I found the above list just browsing. I wanted to also put another prospective with this but the list of campaign promises that were kept and achievements were too long to post. It was probably around seven pages long. So above is a short list of cons that were listed a little more than halfway through his term. If you look at the things that he has failed and accomplished you can really get a mixed feeling. Some of his accomplishments would be deemed failures by different ideologies. Some of his failures can be said to be accomplishments by other ideologies. So ultimately is the direction he has taken the country in for the better long term? Has he even moved our country in a different direction? Is there an underlying deception that drives his big leaps forward? Is it as ominous as some would have you believe? Are his intentions to destruct the american way in order to rebuild it in the way that better suits his ideology, like some would have you believe? Does this list of cons actually matter when compared to his accomplishments? Just some questions to kick this thread off into more of a possitive reflection rather than phantom jibberish.One more thing. . .If his accomplishments are really so benifitial to the American people in the long run, then why does he have an approval rating so low? I can't imagine that the majority of Americans are being swayed by rederict alone. What are some of your thoughts on why such disapproval?

Edited by JustinW

Are his intentions to destruct the american way in order to rebuild it in the way that better suits his ideology, like some would have you believe?

Destruct the American way? Uhhmmm... What?

why does he have an approval rating so low? I can't imagine that the majority of Americans are being swayed by rederict alone. What are some of your thoughts on why such disapproval?

Bad economy, and a 24/7 propaganda network and web of conservotard blogs trashing him 58 minutes out of every 60. His approval ratings are, however, four times better than Congress... Perspective is important, Justin.

I found the above list just browsing.

It seems weighted on the negative side with a lot of petty crap. I couldn't even find an article about Obama "attacking" Boehner about smoking.

And personally, I'd put Libya in the win column. Anyone who objects to the money spent there should compare it to Iraq.

Personally, I would not argue about this. It's clear that the people attacking Obama in this thread really don't care for objectivity, and don't mind spreading lies. You cannot win any discussion against people using fallacies (and getting away with it).

Anyway, it's not my election, but I'd like to add my comment from the other side of the ocean. The PRO side should definitely contain "Winning Back Europe's Approval". With Bush in charge, many Europeans started to see America as part of the problem of this world, rather than part of the solution. That sentiment changed back in favor of the USA over the last couple of years.

Destruct the American way? Uhhmmm... What?

Just some comment I heard one time. I forgot where, but I think I remember someone talking about Obama's intention to either create a crisis. . .or further the crisis... or something like, to further his political agenda. They then went on a rant to say that the liberal's intentions were to break down America's social structure to rebuild it in their own vision of social justice and equallity. Pretty far out there right? It's not like Marx said anything to this affect ever, right?

Bad economy, and a 24/7 propaganda network and web of conservotard blogs trashing him 58 minutes out of every 60. His approval ratings are, however, four times better than Congress... Perspective is important, Justin.

Good point, but still a little hard to believe that media leads popularity of the whole nation. Even because the media that bashes him aren't even main stream networks.

It seems weighted on the negative side with a lot of petty crap. I couldn't even find an article about Obama "attacking" Boehner about smoking.

And personally, I'd put Libya in the win column. Anyone who objects to the money spent there should compare it to Iraq.

Yeah it does, but like I said earlier, most of the stuff I found on his achievements were too long to post. In hindsight I guess I could have posted some links to compare to. I remember something about Boehner smoking around the beginning of the term, but nothing specific. Boehner probably cried and had to be left alone about it, I don't know.

Anyway, it's not my election, but I'd like to add my comment from the other side of the ocean. The PRO side should definitely contain "Winning Back Europe's Approval". With Bush in charge, many Europeans started to see America as part of the problem of this world, rather than part of the solution. That sentiment changed back in favor of the USA over the last couple of years.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I have to automatically question if this is a feeling of a majority or a fringe perspective. Being from Texas I would have to say that the majority of people here don't really care what the world thinks, although I would like to keep an open mind about it as much as I would allow myself. Edited by JustinW

Hmm, I didn't know that. I have to automatically question if this is a feeling of a majority or a fringe perspective. Being from Texas I would have to say that the majority of people here don't really care what the world thinks, although I would like to keep an open mind about it as much as I would allow myself.

FYI - I just addressed this here: http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/63445-the-future-of-the-united-states/page__view__findpost__p__658974

Hmm, I didn't know that. I have to automatically question if this is a feeling of a majority or a fringe perspective. Being from Texas I would have to say that the majority of people here don't really care what the world thinks, although I would like to keep an open mind about it as much as I would allow myself.

Googling for the bush popularity in europe is quite straightforward, and will give data points from 2001 until 2008. (Both links also distinguish individual countries in Europe).

And here's an article that mentions ratings of both Bush in 2008 and Obama in 2009 in different countries in Europe:

Germany - Bush 2008 approval: 12%; Obama 2009 approval: 92%

France - Bush 2008 approval: 11%; Obama 2009 approval: 88%

The really high ratings didn't last long, I think. I guess they were a result of a general feeling of relief that Bush was gone. Still, Obama scores a LOT better than Bush in Europe. And he still does in 2011.

p.s. What is a "fringe perspective"? Never heard of the term, and Google doesn't help.

Re: Fringe Perspective. He's wondering if your sense that Obama is more popular is uncommon... If it's a view limited only to the "fringe" or out on the margins... as opposed to representing the median or average view of the majority of European populace.

By example, expanding earth theory is a fringe view of geology, whereas the median consensus is plate tectonics.

Being from Texas I would have to say that the majority of people here don't really care what the world thinks, although I would like to keep an open mind about it as much as I would allow myself.

I think Texas needs to start realizing they live on this world. "The American Way" is a fiction; we've changed a lot since the 50s and trying to hold on to those times is more than pathetic, it's criminal. Take any aspect of "The American Way" you want, whether it's commerce, the military, our social structure, housing, it's ALL CHANGED in the last 60 years. And the really pathetic part is that those who have changed it for the worse are often those who cry out that we need to honor "The American Way". They want taxpayers to subsidize their businesses while their businesses pay no taxes. They want a smaller Federal government but only when it comes to regulations.

I don't like Obama's view that professional politicians should handle government for the People so they don't have to bother, but I hate the idea of someone like Mitt Romney bushing us up the a** and paving the way for big business to keep waving the flag as they move overseas.

Captain, I stand corrected sir.

I don't like Obama's view that professional politicians should handle government for the People so they don't have to bother, but I hate the idea of someone like Mitt Romney bushing us up the a** and paving the way for big business to keep waving the flag as they move overseas.
Well said, and agreeable given some thought.

The reason I mentioned Texas the way I did was for our pride in general for being Texans. Most of the people where I come from take pride in our sovereignty. (even if it is only a word now days) The toughness and the " I don't care what people think" attitude may not be what is good for us in the long run. But it is what it is. Fight at the drop of a hat and discuss the details after, is the general attitude from where I'm from, so it's hard for me to think outside the box in most cases although I try.