Jump to content
michel123456

Reputation versus time

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CharonY said:

Can I get one, too? My keychain just broke...

You got a Tesla Roadster a couple of weeks ago for hitting 15 years. Are you saying you broke the keychain already?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phi for All said:

You got a Tesla Roadster a couple of weeks ago for hitting 15 years. Are you saying you broke the keychain already?!

Well, I tried the summon feature and next thing I know is that it is headed towards the sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CharonY said:

Well, I tried the summon feature and next thing I know is that it is headed towards the sun.

The good news is, at over 75,000 mph, you'll only need to recharge 1230 times!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

hitting 15 years.

Hold on, I have been around but not for 15 years that would be ridiculous. Let's see, it is 2019 and I joined.... 

... darnit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CharonY said:

Well, I tried the summon feature and next thing I know is that it is headed towards the sun.

Yes but did you twirl the freshly beheaded chickens in the correct spin 2 direction under the full moon while reciting Einstein's special theory of relativity in base 3 hopping on one leg while your dog howls? I did it almost correct but I dropped a decimal point and my tesla showed up on my carport when I was 12. Some mysterious driverless truck showed up and towed it away... Amazing how that memory just popped up in my mind so suddenly... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Usually we give away a car for being here 10 years, but we're trying to reduce our carbon footprint, so you'll probably just get the keychain. It'll be a nice one, though. Mercedes, or Maserati maybe.

Obviously you haven't checked how much costs a Maserati keychain (about 80 US$).

15 hours ago, geordief said:

Does iNow  have some kind of a Poseidon complex?

Poseidon has a trident. Zeus has lightning rods .

13 hours ago, Sensei said:

The lower value the better!

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, michel123456 said:

Poseidon has a trident. Zeus has lightning rods

You are well located to say.I assumed Poseidon was able to use lightning over water ,but have no examples  in Greek literature where this was claimed.

But I thought he raised storms at sea and they would have been tame affairs without thunder and lightning.

Did he have to get permission  for these embellishments ? Did Zeus have an ongoing armaments  trade with Poseidon  and his minions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, geordief said:

You are well located to say.I assumed Poseidon was able to use lightning over water ,but have no examples  in Greek literature where this was claimed.

But I thought he raised storms at sea and they would have been tame affairs without thunder and lightning.

Did he have to get permission  for these embellishments ? Did Zeus have an ongoing armaments  trade with Poseidon  and his minions?

Interesting questions, I don't know.

There is indeed a confusion between the 2 gods focused on a famous bronze statue in the archeological museum of Athens Greece. The trident/lightning is missing, leaving a doubt with fanatic opponents. See http://www.greece-is.com/the-stories-behind-the-national-archaeological-museums/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michel123456 said:

Interesting questions, I don't know.

There is indeed a confusion between the 2 gods focused on a famous bronze statue in the archeological museum of Athens Greece. The trident/lightning is missing, leaving a doubt with fanatic opponents

Fanaticism and Doubt seems a bit Pythonesque 

I suppose heresy is as old as faith- and comes in useful at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.