1st Debate

Pangloss

It's relevant in that when Iraq finally complied with UN inspections, we didn't let Blix finish his schedule.

Yes, but if you think about it, it's not relevent to finding the goods (I'm afraid to call them WMDs now -- you guys have me all flumoxed!). ;-) What I mean by that is that had he gone another two weeks he would have produced exactly the same report that he did, with exactly the same geopolitical result.

The real issue is whether he should have been allowed a much longer time frame.

The real issue is whether he should have been allowed a much longer time frame.
It may not be the "real issue", but I think it made us look bad in world opinion.

To use a completely idealistic, probably inappropriate and even sillier high school analogy, I wanted to think of us as the valiant upperclassman in a letter jacket who stuck up for the freshmen that complained about a bully with a knife. We asked the teacher to search him and his locker and when nothing was found, and before the teacher could finish the search and give us true justification, we shoved the teacher aside and kicked the bully's ass anyway. A lot of the kids cheered, but a lot wondered what made us any different from the bully.

And some thought we lashed out because we couldn't find the kid who really made us mad, the one who keyed our car in the parking lot.

To use a completely idealistic' date=' probably inappropriate and even sillier high school analogy, I wanted to think of us as the valiant upperclassman in a letter jacket who stuck up for the freshmen that complained about a bully with a knife. We asked the teacher to search him and his locker and when nothing was found, and before the teacher could finish the search and give us true justification, we shoved the teacher aside and kicked the bully's ass anyway. A lot of the kids cheered, but a lot wondered what made us any different from the bully.

And some thought we lashed out because we couldn't find the kid who really made us mad, the one who keyed our car in the parking lot.[/quote']

You have a real nack for this. :D

Different from doing, exactly[/u'] like saying.

Being a proficient speaker is different then saying the right things. It would seem with Bushes current supporters that bush must have said something right.

On the other hand Kerry is a great speaker but he has said some things that were not great things to say. Last night he got a bit carried away with 'killing' terrorists.

Bush would have said 'bring them to justice' but would have stuttered and said ‘ummm’ half a dozen times.

Phi.......Oh, say, waiting the extra two weeks it would have taken the UN inspection team to be absolutely sure there were no WMD's in Iraq, possibly using that two weeks to form a better plan for getting in, getting Hussein and getting out again if the UN found anything worthy.

Turns out, that the extra two weeks would have solved nothing.

Phi.......Someone payed to give advice to the president, like the Secretary of the Treasury ("Mr. President, you've already given the wealthy one tax break, why are you giving them another?")

Here I thought that Bush gave everone a tax cut

The thing is , when US went to Iraq it just confirmed what everyone thought. That UN policy of containment using sanctions DID indeed work. Also Bush changed the goal post so many times. first it was WMD, then it was moral, then it was somehow necessary to remove saddam, then it was the "intent" to develp WMD. And he accusses Kerry for FLIPFLOPPING!!.

Turns out, that the extra two weeks would have solved nothing.
You mean, since Bush would have invaded no matter what anyone said?
Keep up, Douglas, this isn't about the tax cuts or who they were for, it's about ignoring the advice of experts.

not me, nor any of my friends, parents, fiance, brother, cousin, with the exception of one couple I know who has 3 children.

And they are not the only ones I know with kids.

Kerry won the debate no doubt about it. Bush just repeated his campaign. He looked like he was wearing sandpaper underwear. He was waiting for the crowd to start chanting 4 more years to save him. If they had a real debate, no doubt he would be in big trouble.

Kerry may have lost on the soundbite test, which seems to be the only thing important in today's media. He used the word 'Global' and that is being spun like crazy.

He was simply stating that we need to have our act together better before making a preemptive strike. Bush keeps talking about France. Well, turns out they were right.

Look at how he acted. If the acting were reversed, you would see the right comparing Kerry to Dean. I can't imagine this guy convincing any world leader unless that person is already lined up with him.

One thing Bush does well though, when he talks about individuals, like the soldier who died and his mother. He connects on those, much like Clinton did, but without the slick.