Slimming off spices!

Charlatan

Some people are fat. To get thin they need to burn the fat. If they were to devour spices that are hot, they burn the fatty cells off. You need to eat spices and curry, lots of curry. If you are on a pill that makes you gain weight you could eat even more of it! Reccommend the curry though, how many fat Hindis have you seen?

I have a couple of fat hindu friends, despite eating a lot of spicy food.

I do think there is merit to the claim about peppers being valuable to weight loss. I don't think the capsaicin has anything to do with it though... you get the same effects from mild peppers.

If they were to devour spices that are hot, they burn the fatty cells off. You need to eat spices and curry, lots of curry.

If this isn't a joke then I apologise for laughing my face off: the "hot" that is used to describe a spice is a different sort of hot that a fire produces. Fat cells aren't burnt by combustion any way - they're a chemical store of energy and the fat is broken down by chemical reactions involving enzymes.

Although as the previous post said there may be some merit to some spices, but I don't know anything about that.

If this isn't a joke then I apologise for laughing my face off: the "hot" that is used to describe a spice is a different sort of hot that a fire produces. Fat cells aren't burnt by combustion any way - they're a chemical store of energy and the fat is broken down by chemical reactions involving enzymes.

Although as the previous post said there may be some merit to some spices, but I don't know anything about that.

Ok, so the spice is actually mineral based and absorbs water at least, and, will dissolve cells because it is organic. Your body goes into pain because it is sucking up all the water and buring the cells, and, they reduce. Water cleans out your system, so herbs will too. Um...

The 'extractionisms' will give off toxins - the stuff you smell - and toxins reduce fat and cell density because they are bacteria that needs to feed on organic stuffies, especially excesses. The toxins in the condiments will circulate in your blood and will keep eating stuff until they get flushed out, but salt, for example, makes you thirty, meaning there is direct physical interaction between the physical throat and the salt.

I can see some cause and effect. Spicy foods can:

1) provide satiation without the fats, salts and sugars that cause weight gain.

2) cause one to drink more water, which is filling but has no calories.

3) cause one to eat more slowly and/or take smaller bites, thus feeling full sooner.

4) cause the gastro-intestinal system to move contents through more quickly, which can (slightly) limit the uptake of calories.

5) disincline one from eating too much.

The woman who runs one of the local curry houses is built like an elephant. (The food's good and it looks like she thinks so too).

The idea that spices keep you thin is daft, not to mention proven wrong by a number of counter-examples.

Time to close this thread I think.