would you be cloned?

ista_acoustic

Originally posted by Sayonara³

Because we don't know and can't predict what effects it would have on the surrounding ecology.

Having said that, physicists involved in the first nuclear weapon tests warned there was a good chance the atmosphere would be igntited by the explosions. So you never know what craziness we might do next.

It's not a question of ignition, it's a question of getting the temp high enough to fuse Nitrogen. Then it's a chain reaction.

If memory serves.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humans don't see anything morally wrong with cloning other aniamls, but when it comes to ourselves. No way. Don't know why we think were on a different level then everything esle. Sometimes it even seems Gods people live in U.S. I'm not saying "Let clone the shit out of ourselves", but we can atleast use stem cell research to repair our own bodies.

Well your right people should not limit themselves to morality. But I not think cloning people or animals is good, do to the fact that every clone suffers a mutation and doesent even live as long. If we were cloning people alot we would have alot of problems with our bodies it would just be a mess.

I have good faith thou that some day we will have the technology to clone withought mutations.

Bt I wouldnt clone people unless they were geniuses or pele. I would rather clone body parts that people need and organs.

The government should not force their morality based on the Bible (outright violation of church and state) on a large group of people who are not morally opposed to it.

Furthermore, I'd like to hear one of the political leaders talk about the statistics of how many embryos are created and lost during in vitro fertilization and why this isn't morally wrong, since it's still destroying embryos.

Originally posted by fafalone

The government should not force their morality based on the Bible (outright violation of church and state) on a large group of people who are not morally opposed to it.

I agree, no government should force the morality of a minority onto the majority. Nonetheless, this does not negate the value of ethics, and ethics has nothing to do with the Bible.

Ethic: A set of moral principles.

Ethical: Relating to morals, especially as concerning human conduct; morally correct.

Ethics: Science of morals in human conduct; moral principles or code. Ethics is a branch of philosophy that attempts to help us understand which ways of life are worth following and which actions are right or wrong. Ethics addresses questions of right and wrong using reason rather than faith or tradition.

* Current usage of the term 'ethics' not only refers to the study of morality (i.e. a synonym for 'Moral Philosophy') but also refers to the subject matter of that study (i.e. as meaning 'Morality')

* Ethics concerns human conduct, character, and values. It studies the nature of right and wrong and the distinction between good and evil. Ethics explores the nature of justice and of a just society, and also our obligations to ourselves, to others, and to society.

If cloning were perfected.

Anybody cloned today, if given a proper prenatal and post-natal supply of nutrients would be superior to an original which missed some of these during growth. Also a pre-knowledge of any defects could be addressed and corrected. As far as soul, the potentials can only be speculation until some facts come in the future.

I still like diversity. Let nature keep trying to improve us rather than stopping with any specific dead end.

Since cloning isn't perfected it should be criminal to attempt it now. Just my opinion.

Just aman

Well true their is no point in Cloning really its a waste of time but to clone organs isnt, that is if its done perfectly.

But like I said Before I wouldnt mind cloning pele Macheal jordan Einstein and a few others just cause it would be interesting. Eventhough they wouldnt be 100% the same.

I can see why you might want to clone extinct animals - learning about their genetic structure, behaviour and ecology would tell us a lot about past ecosystems.

But why the **** would you want to clone Micheal Jordan?

Really, why?

Yeah sorry about getting off topic. I was tired and was on the pc too long.

Why the !@# would I like to clone MJ I thought that would be obvious hes the greatest basketball player to ever live. I dont know if you saw the super bowl comercial were he plays against his younger self and gets schooled.

That would be for sports entertainment along with a whole team of peles hehe. Oh almost forgeting Bruce Lee.

But in all serousness I would focus cloning organs. Because getting a transplant can be a bitch sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Adam

What good is a clone of you when it's not you, It's not like these raelians gonna find a way to transfer your conciousness into a new body. For every concious body there's a soul that occupies it.

I think raising a clone of yourself would be alot more interesting then having a regular child. It would kind be kind of like having a little brother. My best friend is my brother, because of the fact we are so much alike, but if you don't have one you cannot understand.

Like Knigh4321 said you could capitalize on the talents you already have, but I would just rather have a genetically engineered child that excels in everything. I don't think cloning is a very good idea though, if one person has the right to clone themselves, everyone will think they have the right, and lol I don't want clones of ugly people running around.

Oh yea, hey Adam, do you believe that your conciousness cannot be transferrred because the "soul" is locked in your body? Is it the same for animals?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sayonara³

I can see why you might want to clone extinct animals - learning about their genetic structure, behaviour and ecology would tell us a lot about past ecosystems.

But why the **** would you want to clone Micheal Jordan?

Really, why?

Well, it would be better than Michael Jackson!

Seriouslly though..I would not care if I were cloned. Of course, there would be many others who would be against it for most probably excellent reasons!

Bill

PS: There is no evidence that the Tyranosaur had a complex prefrontal area. Apart from the turkey vulture, it had the largest (size factored) offactory complex of any animal in history. Therefore, I don't really believe it "likes to kill." I think it liked to survive and did so by eating. "Liking" would require the ability to think abstractly, and would indicate the ability to reason and imagine a thing apart from that thing. I may be wrong..but I do not believe that T-Rex "Liked" anything.

I would love to be cloned, though the downside would be that the clone will know nothing and may have health complications. If I would have a clone I wouldn't want it to hjave a conscious mind, instead I would like to have it grown in the lab until it reaches maturity. So if I need a new liver, cidney, etc. I wouldn't have to be on the waiting list, and if I decide I want to die naturally, all of its' parts can be used for others who are unfortunate.

What I am afraid of though, is that in the future the technology and ability to clone will fall into the wrong hands and the genes may be changed to create a super-clone army. They would be more intelligent, aggressive, higher growth rate, higher stamina, and higher numbers since they would be cloned so quickly.

To all those who say that cloning is immoral=:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: