Election 2004

MolecularMan14

What 2004 candidate do you stand behind?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What 2004 candidate do you stand behind?

• George W. Bush
    • John Kerry

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is there anything involving America or its civilians/organisations that the President is not responsbile for?

OK, the people who think he should have some magical power to be all-seeing and time travel to before the bad things happened to fix them before they occur are obviously part of a lunatic fringe, but the people who complain when a president washes his hands of something or makes excuses certainly are not.

I'd vote Republican if they actually stood for what they claim ostensibly to stand for: small efficient government, low taxes, and fiscal conservatism. Instead, they've come to stand for big military spending, ultra-nationalism ("if you're not with us, you're against us") and right-wing fundamentalist values.

I don't like Democrats either (I consider myself a moderate Libertarian), but Kerry is the lesser of two evils. A president with no backbone is a president that will bend to the will of the people, which could be a good thing. I'd take that over a president whose administration created the USAPATRIOT Act and supports a constitutional amendment to ban gay-marriage (after prohibition, it would be the second amendment to take away a freedom rather than grant one), and yet brags about "defending freedoms."

• 3 weeks later...

John Kerry conflicted wounds on himself and pushed to have the Purple Heart awarded to him. Dropping a gernade in a rice basket and not having enought since to duck afterwards then complaining cause you a couple of scratches, or shooting a M79 launcher to close to yourself and getting a small splinter in you does not meand you must cry till you get a Purple Heart for it. Bush isnt the brightest bulb in the basket, but he is lesser of the two evils cause he makes you laugh with every dumb comment.

Why cant we just have state rights, and have the federal gov control military, social security, and roadways.

John Kerry conflicted wounds on himself and pushed to have the Purple Heart awarded to him. Dropping a gernade in a rice basket and not having enought since to duck afterwards then complaining cause you a couple of scratches' date=' or shooting a M79 launcher to close to yourself and getting a small splinter in you does not meand you must cry till you get a Purple Heart for it. Bush isnt the brightest bulb in the basket, but he is lesser of the two evils cause he makes you laugh with every dumb comment.

Why cant we just have state rights, and have the federal gov control military, social security, and roadways.[/quote']

Kerry didn't do that. Cn you give me proof of your story? Bush is the lesser of the two, eh? Oh yeah, I want a man sending people (my cousin for one) to war across the sea, when he has not even fought in a war himself. Bush got a nice comfy spot in the National Guard where he never even showed up for duty. These people speaking out against Kerry didn't even serve with him. How would they know what happened to him?

amen, dream lord. people keep blindly accusing kerry of not earning his purple hearts and silver star. he's not a masochist. more importantly, bush was sitting around not showing up for duty safe and sound in the united states. the issues are more important. if you think the christian way is to vote bush because he is a crusader, anti-abortion and anti-homosexual rights, you're wrong; they're not christian values. if you think bush is a better candidate for some other reason, you're wrong; he's plunged our economy from the greatest surplus ever to the greatest defecit ever, made the world hate us and sent our country to war against a country that had not had a thing to do with us, killing hundreds of thousands of iraqis and over a thousand americans for his own economic benefit. in the words of ratm, WAKE UP!

Edit: Blah, me and my impatient self, I once again did not notice the 2nd and 3rd page of the topic. I was reffering to the post on page one where guy was dissing kerry's war record based on the swift boat vet liars.

I can point you to proof he didn't do it.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/service.asp

All the people who belong to the swift boat vets for truth that are making these claims;

1) Did not serve with Kerry. With the exception of one man.

2) Were also appointed to smear John McCain in the 2000 elections.

Basically, the veitnam vets are still mad at Kerry for exposing the atrocities being commited by our troops. So they tell lies to try and screw up his record.

Ok, even assuming some of these rediculous claims are true, whats worse?

Lieing about injuries to get a medal so you can get the hell out of a war?

Or dodging your obligation to the national gaurd?

Killing wounded enemy soldiers?

Or being responsible for the deaths of THOUSANDS of enemy and friendly soldiers, civilians, etc?

Now, once again, the first and third questions have been debunked, and are not true. You can ignore my link (snopes doesn't lie) and continue to spew this filth about kerry, or you can read it, and find something else to not like about him.

The first thing I would ask Kerry if I was to meet him would be...

So Kerry whats with the long face?

Next, Dream Lord, my oldest brother served 1 year and 1 month in Iraq, but I do not blame Bush for war. 2nd, I would like to have Kerrys actuall medical records from Vietnam. My dad fought in Vietnam for 8 months the was wounded twice by a mortor round. At least Bush did serve in an armed force unlike the draft dodging hero of the democrats Clinton who cause are economic troubles back in 1999 when it actually started to fall. Clinton success was Reagonomics. And if being a UN puppet makes the world happy, then count me out.

Next, Dream Lord, my oldest brother served 1 year and 1 month in Iraq, but I do not blame Bush for war.

Well, everyone's different. I barely saw my cousin as it was and I fear for him when he leaves. Especially since I know he serving in a pointless war started by our oil-hungry president.

2nd, I would like to have Kerrys actuall medical records from Vietnam. My dad fought in Vietnam for 8 months the was wounded twice by a mortor round.

How does his injury have anything to do with Kerry's. All you are saying is: "Yes. People do get injured in wars."

At least Bush did serve in an armed force unlike the draft dodging hero of the democrats Clinton who cause are economic troubles back in 1999 when it actually started to fall. Clinton success was Reagonomics. And if being a UN puppet makes the world happy, then count me out.

First I wouldn't call signing up for a service and then never showing up for your duty "serving". And also Clinton is the one who uses Raegan's way of thinking on economics and taxes. Which is: Give the rich more tax cuts. This way of thinking, I might add, was called "voodoo economics" by Bush's own father.

And Clinton listened to the UN, that can be good. Unlike Bush who completely ignored them and went to war for reasons that weren't even true. And now all the other countries hate us.