What are people view on History Channel on Nostradamus

nec209

• 2 weeks later...

Personally i think Nostrodamus and the History Channel should just get it over with, get married and have a brood of retarded hitler babies.

because thats all they ever seem to show. history is a massive an sometimes interesting subject yet they focus only on two tiny tiny parts of it if what they're showing is even historical in nature.

Well, they do bring up some interesting parallels..Regarding Hitler and the quatrains..

Are you saying that's fabricated?

Is what fabricated? If I make thousands of vague, metaphorical predictions, I guarantee at least some of them will be able to be interpretted after the fact as resembling historical events, especially if people are willing to get creative with translation.

It seems to me that the history channel has Nostradamus shows quite often, and Nostradamus featured in many other shows that are not specifically about Nostradamus.

I think it is about appealing to the masses. Many people like to here about Nostradamus; it is totally overplayed. I also cannot stand how there seems to be like one group of Nostradamus believers who carry on from show to show, they begin to annoy me.

I wish the history channel would do a show called the history of everything and start from the beginning to the end. :doh:

I bet there are reports that show that interesting programs with a high density of new information are:

1. boring to most people, get low number of people that watch it

2. expensive

So, logically, the programs become cheaper and it pays to repeat the same topic in a different presentation a few times.

It seems to me that the history channel has Nostradamus shows quite often, and Nostradamus featured in many other shows that are not specifically about Nostradamus.

I think it is about appealing to the masses. Many people like to here about Nostradamus; it is totally overplayed. I also cannot stand how there seems to be like one group of Nostradamus believers who carry on from show to show, they begin to annoy me.

I agree with this..

I wish the history channel would do a show called the history of everything and start from the beginning to the end. :doh:

How does one study the history of something that hasn't happened yet?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Is what fabricated? If I make thousands of vague, metaphorical predictions, I guarantee at least some of them will be able to be interpretted after the fact as resembling historical events, especially if people are willing to get creative with translation.

Yea you're right...

I just wish they would actually do something interesting every once in awhile..