Is there a criminal mastermind in the house?

iNow

A man in Ohio may have given away his real plans to rob a bank when he stood in line wearing a ski mask. I kid you not. Apparently, robbing a bank was okay by his standards, but cutting in line... now THAT goes too far. :D

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20090109/UPDATES01/90109024

A man may have tipped his intentions when he stood in line at an Ohio bank wearing a ski mask before staging a holdup. Police in Stow near Akron say a 24-year-old man was arrested minutes later on Thursday following a brief car chase.

Maybe we should send our kids to mandatory ninja classes, wha'dya think? Although, that could lead to additional problems when the more hefty ninjas decide to start stealing ATMs in Florida. :rolleyes:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iLLzDFxoAEqu8DyXwlUFVTN6w29QD95L51T82

A ninja, or at least someone dressed like one, is lurking in the shadows of Palm Beach County.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says a heavyset man with a visible potbelly and a ninja costume unsuccessfully tried to steal two different ATMs over the past two weeks.

A fat ninja stealing ATMs. Now, you don't see one of those everyday.

Have any of you seen stupid criminal stories worthy of sharing and mocking?

OK - when we were children, a kid down the street had a dad that, err... how shall we say... 'wasn't arround very often'. He was in and out of prison all the time you see. Anyway - an example of the genius of this criminal mind was as follows. He decided to rob the local post office... not any old post office! HIS local post office. He put a stocking over his head and went into the PO carrying a shotgun. The cashier, failing to notice the gun said "hello Mr X, what can we do for you today?" (As she recognised him instantly as he went in there every week). He demanded cash - which I beleive the cashier gave him. Panicking a bit, because he'd been recognised, he ran out of the post office, straight accross the street and into the path of an oncoming milk float. They called an ambulance for him as well as a police car.

- aren't ATMs a bit big for stealing?

Yeah, I thought the same thing. This guy must be pretty strong. However, there are relatively small ATMs, but even those are a bit large to "slip into your pocket" and leave. This guy must have been the type who is capable of lifting a Volkeswagon, or perhaps he was a mutant turtle preparing to report back to a giant rat in the sewers. :eek:

- aren't ATMs a bit big for stealing?

tree - probably before you came to Canterbury, but about 10-15 years ago everyone on campus was talking about a spate of robberys in Hearne Bay. They hired/stole a JCB and just ripped the thing out of teh wall from a high street banck in Hearn Bay - they drove it to the beach - smashed it open and got away with the cash in boats. They ad a couple of successful runs at tis before getting caught trying the same thing again. Too greedy - they should have stopped at getting away with it once.

My favorite is the woman and her accomplice who rob a liquor store. He distracts the cashier, she pulls a gun, gets the cash out of the register and the two flee the scene. Then the cashier notices she left her purse, with her wallet and ID, on the counter.

I tried googling a bit but couldn't find the video.

Hmm.

My local Doctors practice was held up a few years ago by an armed intruder demanding money. The Dr explained that all the cash had been banked, but if the fellow wanted he would write him a cheque. (However, being a cash cheque it would have to be cashed at the bank branch next door.)

The crim agreed and was arrested the next morning.:doh:

An incident that was mildly amusing, was a guy that robbed a bank a few miles from where I live. He stashed the money in his trouser pockets, only to find his trousers were now covered in red security ink. He then proceeded to run into an off duty police officer, who swiftly arrested him...

Article here...

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/2093257.offduty_pc_foils_armed_robbery/

I do like the comment from a witness at the bottom of the article...

He looked like a normal bloke.