antimatter

What Type Of Watch Do You Prefer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What Type Of Watch Do You Prefer?

• Digital
    • Analog
    • The Force (you don't need a watch)

i liek analogue watches now,

they look really nice especially the gold ones. digitals suck.

tahts what I teh tihnk at any rate.

donuthole's list is okay, i dont erally think it applies to real life all taht much.

lol

Do you have any reason for disliking analog?

I think DonutHole's list is quite relevant and makes a lot of sense,

or do you want to come up with a better list for analog?

I personally don't like gold watches all that much, for two reasons:

1. They attract a lot more attention than a beat up dark digital

2. (No offense Darkmatter) they look rather tacky, in my humble opinion.

Agreed. It seems like the people who wear them are just flaunting the fact that they can afford the money on it. I'm not saying I can't (I probably can't purchase the high-end ones, however), it's just that I have better things to spend money on.

I also don't really like the watches that don't have anything on the face.

The point of having a watch is to efficiently tell time, now how can you do that when there's nothing on the face of the watch!

That's not very nice, I just don't really like gold watches, it's my opinion, I'm entitled to it, aren't I?

I can see why you don't like them.. I'm getting a bit tired of mine but I like the black background. If I were to get another watch i would really like to get a silver one with a black background with a light up or and Iron man wither one from timex.

Congratz on getting 5 pages!

Ah, the gold watchband. Mine is just a faded black, so as not to attract attention, though as I wrote before, I used to have silver, but metals conduct heat a little too well for a metal band to be comfortable.
The solution to a metal band being too cold? Never take it off. I sleep with my watch on so it's always body temp.

I did try that, believe me, but I never got used to sleeping with an all-metal watch...it was...rather uncomfortable.

I usually sleep with my watch on (digital), though lately I've started taking it off because my watch alarm is too quiet to be heard when it's under my blanket(s), so I just keep it next to me, it doesn't get cold though.

This thread has become a bit surreal.

Take the watch off before bed. Put it on in the morning, and your skin will warm it up within seconds. It's not like you're being asked to dip your bare hand into liquid nitrogen or something. Good lord, people. Man up! :D

This thread has become a bit surreal.

Take the watch off before bed. Put it on in the morning, and your skin will warm it up within seconds. It's not like you're being asked to dip your bare hand into liquid nitrogen or something. Good lord, people. Man up! :D

I know, I know, it's just a reason why I don't particularily like them.

It doesn't bother me all that much, it's just a moment of discomfort, I'm just stating a few reasons...that's all...

I've got a $15 fake Rolex here that's probably the most pathetic watch around. The watchband (metal) pinches, there are no markings on the dial (try telling time!) and it stops fairly frequently. But the back of the watch is transparent, so you can see the mechanism. And that is cool by itself.

I've got a $15 fake Rolex here that's probably the most pathetic watch around. The watchband (metal) pinches, there are no markings on the dial (try telling time!) and it stops fairly frequently. But the back of the watch is transparent, so you can see the mechanism. And that is cool by itself.

A transparent watch? That's...awesome!

I need to find one like that...preferably not one that pinches, and one that I can tell the time...but that's so cool!