Solving domestic abuse.

Daecon

I've singlehanded solved the problem of domestic abuse, racism and homophobia for all of human civilisation.

It turns out that the victims of abuse simply weren't IGNORING their abusers enough.

Because, as any good parent will tell you, if you ignore bullies then they'll eventually give up and go away. *

(* For the terminally stupid, this message is brought to you in MASSIVE SARCASM quotes.)

I got an email from the "women's officer" at my university about domestic abuse and violence towards women in general.

This pissed me off slightly as men suffer plenty of violence and abuse out on the streets also.

Violence in society is not sexist.

Because, as any good parent will tell you, if you ignore bullies then they'll eventually give up and go away.

At middle school during an assembly, our headmistress announced a highly effective solution to the problem. Confront the bully, and tell them very calmly...'I don't like this, I want it to stop.'

If they don't listen, simply repeat 'I don't like this, I want it to stop.'

that doesn`t work!

No sh*t ;)

It's even less likely to work, because it was announced to the whole school, and it was the advice of the headmistress...

Victim: 'I don't like this, I want it to stop'

Bully: 'Well, I was going to go easy on you, but now you really deserve to get beaten up.'

Hire a Bigger Bully ;)

That definately works. When we were little (about 6 or 7 years old) lots of us were being bullied by some idiot a few years older than us. We got our mate's big brother to kick the crap out of him. He soon stoped pestering us.

yeah ignoring it is so going to work because, i mean, how hard can it be to ignore 6 kids about twice your size kicking the crap out of you?

And, unless things have changed for the better now, informing the teachers doesn't help either(i got suspended and one of those 'punishment' exercises for fighting when i told them).

learning how to fight back proved much more useful.

The trick to stopping bullies is to go for the eyes. Very few bullies will be willing to risk it with someone who has the reputation for eye-gouging.

also, if you see the bully coming at you, wait till s/he is close enough and then lunge at them. tends to surprise them as they like their victims to be helpless. basically, do anything that will have a good chance of hurting them, fight fast, fight dirty. even if you are not that strong, a couple of average punches to the one area rapidly can hurt them more than a single punch with all your strength.

also, know when to quit, you do not want to become a bully yourself. only fight in self defence. and try not to provoke anything.

if you ignore bullies then they'll eventually give up and go away.
Actually this does work, but most people don't know how to use it effectively. Bullies can sense when they aren't going to get a rise out of their victims. If the victim truly is unruffled by a bully the bully *will* lose interest.

Most people who try to ignore a bully do so so pointedly that the bully can tell it's just a ploy. Those are the ones who get beat up most.

That definately works. When we were little (about 6 or 7 years old) lots of us were being bullied by some idiot a few years older than us. We got our mate's big brother to kick the crap out of him. He soon stoped pestering us.

indeed, I`v had to do this several times (been to 15 different schools, so I was Always "the New Kid").

the Best is when you can get you hired help to deliver this line:

"if Anything happens again to <insert your name> then I`m coming back for You, and I don`t care if it`s your fault or not!".

the Prior Bully will them efforts make sure nothing Does happen to you ;)

• 2 weeks later...