staying thin

hi ok so like this is my second week of boarding school

so im pretty new here.

iv been in ballet this is my 5th year so my parents are like relly relly serious about it because they want me to get a scolorship.

when i was at home my mom always made my food and my daddy always made sure i dint eat alot or like bad stuff... my brother is 17 and in restling so there relly big on us staying thin..

and now im here and like i hav practice every morning and i was 45 pounds at home and now im 47 lol

so like im relly scared cuz they let me eat w.e i want..

there is 2 lines.. one has gross stuf... and im super picky... like i dont eat onions, cellery, olives, mushrooms, pickles, peppers, cooked tomatos, spageti sauce, fish, and like idk lots of stuff.... but in the healthy line... it has all that stuff in the food...

so i go to the 2nd line... sandwich... they hav cheeseburger.. chicken burger.... tuna salad "with onions", turkey, bologney, and hotdog.

and i know bread is fattining so i usually get turkey sandwich and then take the bread of.

then like i no milk is fatening but does that mean ice cream is... cuz i always hav icecream with sprinkles... then i hav apple, and salad.

then for drink i get pink leminade.

ok my worrys are... i never get pasta.. wich is wut mom always gave me but this always has sspageti sauce... also can i eat ice cream and not get fat... and then does salad dressing make u fat?

and another... if i just ate salad and took vitamins... wud that be safe...

i have like 6 months left of this school and im so scared im gona get a tummy.

nutrition peeps pls help :(

o and also... my daddy says good breakfast.. small lunch.. and no dinner.. is this a good way to eat?

EDIT. pls dont say excersize more cuz i do everyday and if i do do to much ill get muscle... wich ways more then fat so thats even worse lol

You are at a stage in your life when your body wants to grow, so you should not limit yourself of the healthy nutrients that your body needs. If you follow some basic tenets of nutrition, then this will help your body develop properly and you don't need to worry about getting fat.

First off, it is important to know that your body needs some fats, though it will be very hard for you to determine which fats are good and which are bad. A little bit of ice cream and a little bit of salad dressing is not going to hurt you, though you really don't want to eat fried foods at every sitting. I would not worry about milk. Milk is a vital food for you at your age, as it gives you many important nutrients that are not present in most other foods, though eating lots of dark green lettuce can help make up for it. . As long as you don't drink too much, milk will be very good for you, much better than ice cream, which has lots of sugar and fats. Ask them if it is lowfat milk.

Have you ever been introduced to the idea of the 4 basic food groups? Eating just salad and vitamins will not work, because your body needs meats to maintain and repair your body and to help it grow properly, which is very important at your age. Your body also needs carbohydrates - bread, pasta, potatoes, cereal - in order to give your body fuel to run off of, or it will use your muscle as energy instead, which is not good. One thing to remember is that sugar is not a good fuel, as it burns up instantly and is almost entirely wasted, frequently getting converted into fat. What you want to focus on is starches that are as complex as possible, such as wheat bread, brown rice, and oats. White starches, such as white bread, potatoes, and white rice, are not as good, as they are wasted more, but if you have no choice, then they are better than nothing. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially for eating starches, such as cereal or toast, but the other meals are equally important. The more you eat, the faster your body operates, which is good, because eating a lot keeps you healthy. Just don't eat too much bad stuff, like sugars and fats. If you eat very little, your body slows down, does not operate correctly, and you wind up not being healthy. Try to eat as much as you can from the healthy line, as this will help you become a better ballet dancer. It's good to eat as many different foods as possible, as eating the same thing all of the time will limit your progress. Eating as many fruits and vegetables as possible is very good, because this is where you get many of your vitamins and minerals. Hot dogs and bologna are not very good meats because they are full of preservatives and are harder for your body to digest. They also contain lots of fat.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong with developing muscle, because muscles are what it takes to become a good ballet dancer.

my daddy says muscle is bad. cuz then you dont look as thin.

and i cant eat vegatables. there gross. and wut about chocolate milk cuz i dont like real milk.

im going to buy a scale wednesday wen they let me go to mall so i can keep track

i no im sposed to grow but not 2 pounds in like 2 weeks lol

Whats wrong with chocolate milk? People get all funny with chocolate - what is wrong with it? Contains protean, carbs, fat... Just what you need after going to the gym or dance studio.

wrt veg. lots of people don't like certain foods when they are younger but aquire a taste for them when older. Either your tastes change, or, you just learn not to be so screamish and get on with eating for substance rather than pleasure. e.g. I used to hate mushrooms - now I love them! I used to hate peas - I still don't like them, but will eat them because they are food and are good for me.

I already find it strange when 11 year-old girls worry about their weight. I find it even more strange when the parents of an 11 year-old girl worry about it (except in cases of overweight). What makes me very suspicious is that you worry about gaining weight from 45 pounds to 47 pounds (we are talking about 1 pound = 1/2 kg, are we?). That sounds like very little to me. Next-best internet page sais

Sex: Girl

Optimal Height: 143 cm Range (125 - 162 cm)

Optimal Weight: 36 kg Range (24 - 66 kg)

Judging from that I would naively (I neither know you nor do I know to what extent the numbers above make sense) say you most likely do not have a problem with being overweight.

(we are talking about 1 pound = 1/2 kg, are we?). QUOTE]

being honest - that sort of weight fluctuation is quite normal is it not? Our weight can change by more than that depending on how dehydrated we become or due to the amount of water taken on board in a day.

I'd like to have a very stern conversation with your daddy. He seems to be filling you with half-truths, neuroses, and an unhealthy sense of self, especially as pertains to your weight.

Eat whole grains. Eat fruits and veggies, and find ways to prepare them that you like. Stay active, and stay hydrated, and you'll be fine.

Quit stressing. Avoid the "empty calories" and do everything in moderation.

You're too young to worry this much about your weight. I know you don't like being told you're young, but it's not healthy to have such issues already.

There's a lot of information out there, so maybe do some research on your own. :)

my daddy says muscle is bad. cuz then you dont look as thin.

I find this quite disturbing. Is it important to YOU to "look thin"?

Before you start any diet that might hinder your normal development, I would urge to to consider whether fulfilling your parents' ambitions for you is really more important than your health.

It is possible to have the best of both worlds, but I would imagine very difficult to manage successfully, especially if you cannot normally buy and prepare your own food for every meal.

In your place I would be thinking about asking your parents if they have considered the long term effects of a very strict diet - both medical and psychological - on a child who is entering a major developmental stage.

There is always a limit of what your organism needs! I agree with agentchange! Your organism is going through a process of the domination of anabolic processes. You need to eat so you can grow! You need to get a certain amount of energy because if not that will only go bad for you organism!

There truly is a desire to eat, after all eat something that you really really like. You can't resist, honestly! I used to be a member of a swimming club and my father was a fanatic about it. He always set my lunch, but I couldn't just look the things I wanted and not eat them. I quit swimming, but in this case you don't even think of it. You seem to be wanting to make a career out of it. But do always have a sense of doing what you want to.

In this case, I'd strongly recommend swimming and skiing as a way to remain fit!

Good luck!

Shade

so you want to stay thin huh? try snacking through out the day instead of eating a large portion of food in one sitting i heard somewhere that helps. or just start eating heathier im a vegetarian and i lost 5 pounds in the first like week in a half i now stay at a constant weight of 125 pounds so go vegetarian if all else fails you but you cant just get into it for the weight loss you have to do it for the cause...

Good Luck in the battle against the obesity

i had salad and apple and pink lemonade for lunch i

and how many kg is 1 pound?

and im pretty good at not eating bad stuff cuz i read about wut they do tou... like this

u drink a coke... after 2 min your brain crrates endorfins to make u feel good and closes valves that make u sleepy. after like 40 min your liver takes ALL the sugar it can find and turns it into fat.... then after longer your body gets rid of it all taking electrolytes with it..

so coke adds fat and takes away electrolytes...

so im more like grossed out by bad stuff lol i relly dont want ANY sugar turned into fat... so ya

btw i weighed 43 after school so im happy again

and dont be mean to daddy pls he has spent lots lots of money on classes and this school and stuff and he is not mean he is nice

One kilo is 2.2 pounds Kaytie.

(This site is great for converting units: http://www.onlineconversion.com/)

Please understand that we don't think that your father is mean, it's just that from our point of view your parents might not be making the best choices for you. But then we don't know your family situation, so it's not really our place to say... we will just try to give you the best answers we can.

umm... 36 kg is..

36 x 2 is ummm 72

then 36 x 0.2 is.... ummmmmm 1 tenth of 36 is 3.6... so 3.6 + 3.6 is..... 7.2?

then 72 + 7.2 is 79.2 pounds

lol did i do my math right or i dont think thats rite cuz that says 80 pounds lol

If I were you, I wouldn't be worried about one or two pounds. Your body gains and loses weight day-to-day depending on how much water you drink, how much food you ate that hasn't been through your system yet, and so on. If you continue to gain more and more weight (and you're not getting taller), you can be worried -- but a pound or two is not a problem.

wrt veg. lots of people don't like certain foods when they are younger but aquire a taste for them when older.

Ha, I love all veggies and I lke alot of exotic foods. I like to hunt and I eat duck and deer and all that. But I also eat healthy. And try not to eat fatty duck and deer except during hunting seasons. HEHE.

Don't worry about being beatiful. Beauty is a waste of time and money. Especialy at this age. Worry about grades and staying healthy. And your body is going through big changes now. I am 13 and trust me I know. You seem very intelligent for your age. If you stress yourself out over the weight you could hurt yourself eveen more Try to stay active and eat what's right. Not what your parents tell you. And stay away from bad deits like fad and pill diets.

"Stay gold"

ur a boy... boys r sposed to be big.. it dont matter for boys but girls have to be small. we hav a fat girl in ballet n all the mean girls r mean to her and she trys to hit people when ther mean to her and she is super loud... just like a boy

i dont want to be like her cuz boys think she is gross and peeps r mean to her and she gets mad and fights and yells like a boy n i dont want to sound mean but i dont no y she is n ballet... im not mean to her tho i never talk to her

but girls hav to be alot smaller then boys or they arnt liked

ur a boy... boys r sposed to be big.. it dont matter for boys but girls have to be small. we hav a fat girl in ballet n all the mean girls r mean to her and she trys to hit people when ther mean to her and she is super loud... just like a boy

i dont want to be like her cuz boys think she is gross and peeps r mean to her and she gets mad and fights and yells like a boy n i dont want to sound mean but i dont no y she is n ballet... im not mean to her tho i never talk to her

but girls hav to be alot smaller then boys or they arnt liked

No that's the thing. If you took the to best equally healthy one man and one woman there would be a minor size difference. JUst try to eat healthy and stay active follow what the health book says not the parents. Parents aren't always right.

And We aren't saying your parents are mean it's like everyone is saying. There not making the right decisions for you.

I`ll tell you what, you claim to be at boarding school, Therefore you will have a school nurse on site always.

Why don`t you go an Ask Him/Her for advice!

they are Duty-Bound to advise you correctly.

I`m closing this thread too.