Whats your sense of humor quiz!

GutZ

Quiz

absurd

Does nonsense make sense to you? Then absurd comedy might be your fish. Did you know that there is actually a word that means "saying something totally illogical"? It's called a "non-sequitur" and comedians use them to abruptly confuse or surprise you. In fact, some people like director Terry Gilliam and comedian Steven Wright invent entire imaginary universes in which logic is rewritten to include "cordless extension cords" and people who can "levitate birds." Although some people might think your sense of humor is merely nonsensical or silly, it's actually quite clever. You need to know the laws of logic before you can break them. And we think you're criminal.

266 other people got this result!

This quiz has been taken 1260 times.

21% of people had this result.

Come on people fun fun!

absurd

Does nonsense make sense to you? Then absurd comedy might be your fish. Did you know that there is actually a word that means "saying something totally illogical"? It's called a "non-sequitur" and comedians use them to abruptly confuse or surprise you. In fact, some people like director Terry Gilliam and comedian Steven Wright invent entire imaginary universes in which logic is rewritten to include "cordless extension cords" and people who can "levitate birds." Although some people might think your sense of humor is merely nonsensical or silly, it's actually quite clever. You need to know the laws of logic before you can break them. And we think you're criminal.

266 other people got this result!

This quiz has been taken 1265 times.

21% of people had this result.

:) i think i vary from day to day though.

satirical

Do you think comedy can serve a higher purpose? Or maybe you just like poking fun at people. Either way, you seem to enjoy satirical humor. Satire is the use of irony and wit to expose the unethical or just plain ridiculous aspects of society. Satirists come in many forms. There are political critics such as Jon Stewart and Tina Fey, cultural jesters such as Weird Al Yankovic and situational comedians such as Margaret Cho. With satire, you can critique your subject using parody--imitation, exaggeration, fake mustaches, etc. When you are funny, it's easier to share an opinion that is a little controversial. Do you want to influence people? Keep them laughing and they won't know what hit them.

299 other people got this result!

This quiz has been taken 1260 times.

23% of people had this result.

Well, i thought i'd get 'absurd', but no, apparently, a quiz calibrated for teens has assessed me as 'imature' :D

raunchy

Do you giggle every time someone says, "Uranus"? Then your sense of humor may be a little raunchy, or "scatological"--the psychological word which basically means "someone obsessed with poop." Sound a little like you? If so, you're not alone. Raunchy comedians like Chris Rock, Jack Black and Sarah Silverman seem to think pooping and other bodily functions like peeing, sneezing and having sex exist only to make us laugh. If someone tells you that you are being immature or just plain gross, you can tell them that even Shakespeare and Chaucer wrote dirty jokes about butts and getting drunk. That, or you could just burp in their face.

308 other people got this result!

This quiz has been taken 1263 times.

24% of people had this result.

hehe... 'uranus' :embarass:

satirical

Do you think comedy can serve a higher purpose? Or maybe you just like poking fun at people. Either way, you seem to enjoy satirical humor. Satire is the use of irony and wit to expose the unethical or just plain ridiculous aspects of society. Satirists come in many forms. There are political critics such as Jon Stewart and Tina Fey, cultural jesters such as Weird Al Yankovic and situational comedians such as Margaret Cho. With satire, you can critique your subject using parody--imitation, exaggeration, fake mustaches, etc. When you are funny, it's easier to share an opinion that is a little controversial. Do you want to influence people? Keep them laughing and they won't know what hit them.

303 other people got this result!

This quiz has been taken 1268 times.

24% of people had this result.

Sarcastic.

I guess I'm just meaner than you guys.

Or lower, one of the two. ;)

I must admit, the majority of comedy programmes I enjoy / have enjoyed, are all highly satirical. e.g Brasseye, Have I got News for You, The Thick of It, et.c So absurd was quite a surprise, despite being a fan of Monty Python.

Sarcastic.

I guess I'm just meaner than you guys.

Character - gir
corner_tl.gif corner_tr.gif
tail.gif

Right, the big Sisy is a real monster, no doubt about it.

Makes my knees shake just thinkin' about him. What will become of us?

corner_bl.gif corner_br.gif

See, I can be sarcastic.

In an absurd kind of way.

Or lower, one of the two. ;)

Interesting you think so.

I'd also like to see a real (read: non-stupid-internet-quiz) evaluation of different humor types from a scientific perspective. Attempting to quantify it in a serious way might seem laughably misguided in itself, but then, there is pretty solid behaviorism about what we find funny in different situations, so it's not that far out there.

Interesting you think so.

I don't, hence the wink. 'Sarcasm being the lowest form of wit' is just a saying, you could extend it to all types of humour.

I'd also like to see a real (read: non-stupid-internet-quiz) evaluation of different humor types from a scientific perspective. Attempting to quantify it in a serious way might seem laughably misguided in itself, but then, there is pretty solid behaviorism about what we find funny in different situations, so it's not that far out there.

I guess, funny you brought that up (no pun intended). I was reading just yesterday about a couple of guys who attempted to produce the most accessible piece of music, something that aspires to all tastes. The result was awful...I'll try and find a link. But it's a very interesting point, imagine a comedy show that attempted all 'that is funny' in a complete package, it would fail.

It's completely a matter of taste, 'slap stick' still works as entertainment, you still see it used in recent films, but the situations and cultural connotations have changed. I'm not sure you can quantify humour, but as a qualitative statement, entertainment has to 'go up a notch' to sustain being entertainment.

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread.

Snail: for you to derail it, it has to have a set direction in first place.

Sisyphus: The correct response to this thread would be Har-Har funny, you have put far too much thought into this. I know you want to say it...Just say Har-Har....*whispers Har-Har*

I find the best response to bad jokes is to pretend not to understand them, and make the teller get embarrassed and frustrated as he has to explain them.

Yeah, yeah...of course Sisyphus is a big softie at heart, he just wants to look cool in front of everyone.

sarcastic

You seem to prefer brainy under-stated humor, especially when it has a bite. Do you know some people who need to be cut down to size? If so, you probably like sarcasm--a form of wit in which the object of the joke is a victim of ridicule or criticism. To be sarcastic, you must keep a straight face so you can keep your victim off-guard until you let 'em have it. Comedians such as Jerry Seinfeld, Janeane Garofalo and Dennis Leary are sometimes described as having a "dry wit" because their comic sensibility is considered abrasive and a little mean. Like them, you know how to use humor to wound your victim in a passive aggressive way. So, you might want to keep that in mind next time you're being sarcastic with your friends. Otherwise, the next joke could be on you.

212 other people got this result!

This quiz has been taken 1286 times.

16% of people had this result.

(although there were a few i couldnt really decide between, and if i go with those i get absurd, im gonna call it a combo)

/rerail