The Good Advice Thread.

the tree

Someone posted that you shouldn't pick your nose or rub your eyes after chopping peppers. They also said that blokes who need to pee at 3 am should sit down to keep the floor clean.

There's a combination of those two concepts that constitutes good advice

Also, if the chemical says " causes burns" try not to get it on your skin; if it says "causes severe burns" don't get it on your skin.

Frozen hot dogs? I've never heard of that before.

Can't they just pour some warm water on it? Or is it not quite the same as getting your tongue stuck to a popsickle?

I kid you not... happened to a girl in another high school.

Apparently she accidentally broke off some pieces that she couldn't get out and the rest is history.

The snopes article gives reasons why that sort of story is often faked, but it doesn't rule out the idea that it might have been true once. Any faith in doctor/ patient confidentiallity ignores the fact that doctors are human too.

That.. or a blabbing sibling >:D Which was the case here.

I don't care if you guys believe it or not... It will remain precious to me on my list of stories from high school for years to come.

Never ever bloody never tell your girlfriend/wife that you have cheated her. You might think you are doing the right thing by being sincere with her but you'll end up being alone or being hit. There's nothing positive there.

there's nothing like experience

Coolness is a wave. If you do something that happens to be cool, it spreads to everyone. If you do something because you think it's cool, your observation makes the cool state collapse and you're left looking like you missed the point.