Different forum look?

Whatever you do, don't ruin the awesome set up of this forum. It's hard to read posts and quotes in other forums. I don't know if it's the color shading or what, but that's something I've always like about this forum - ease of reading and interpreting the posts - tracing back the quotes and so forth.

Whoever is responsible for its current design did a great job on it. But black is much cooler...generally always.

A black forum layout sounds like something really disgusting to me. I don't like black at all. I always associate it with the more underground and kewl forums, where real science and real intellectual discussion finds no home.

You can make themes and such, it's been such a long time since I've fiddled with this forum stuff, but you know the best way to do it in most forums was to have an open contest for things such as themes and banners. Winners get their work put up under the circumstance that it meets the criteria of the forum owners.

Although this is alot easier if you had a graphics section to the forum, they (GFX'er) love that stuff, I use to be one of those people that made stuff like that all the time, foolin with photoshop and the likes.

Whatever you do, don't ruin the awesome set up of this forum. It's hard to read posts and quotes in other forums. I don't know if it's the color shading or what, but that's something I've always like about this forum - ease of reading and interpreting the posts - tracing back the quotes and so forth.
I agree completely. I don't know whether it's because it's what I'm used to or whether it's just easier on the eye and brain, but this is far and away the best forum for readability and ease of use.

I wish all the other Science Forums Network sites had the same basic color scheme. *cough* Theology Forums *cough*

Besides, black is soooooo ten minutes ago. Everyone knows blue is the new black.

There are ideas in the pipeline about creating a new style for SFN, whilst at the same time retaining the basic colours and just generally making things look a little more modern. Personally, I would be interested to gauge opinions on the rounded outline the site has - better with, or without?

It's extremely likely that even if we do create a new style, both will be accessible and usable for at least the next year or so.

i like the blue/grey style.

one pet peeve of mine tho, is:

<-- that thing.

ok, i see it's purpose, and i have nothing against it being on the left. however:

when

the

is

very

very

long

this

i think the post should 'collapse out' to utilise the extra space to the left.

<-- this space, which no longer serves a purpose.

i dont know why, but the fact that it doesn't do that has allways bugged me.

rounded edges look nice.

There's always the post layout style used here.

Note that for a new style (or a derivative of this one) to be made, we need a good bit of free time, which none of us seem to have.

Slightly scared, first post I look at, second user, is from the same city as me :s

i like the blue/grey style.

one pet peeve of mine tho, is:

<-- that thing.

ok, i see it's purpose, and i have nothing against it being on the left. however:

when

the

is

very

very

long

this

i think the post should 'collapse out' to utilise the extra space to the left.

<-- this space, which no longer serves a purpose.

i dont know why, but the fact that it doesn't do that has allways bugged me.

rounded edges look nice.

I like the space. It keeps the margin straight and easy to navigate and read. Dynamic margins are not cool.

I like the space. It keeps the margin straight and easy to navigate and read. Dynamic margins are not cool.

i agree, if the margin is going to keep changing.

but, it would only change the margin once, after it cleared the users avitar.

either that, or the users info should go across the top imo.

God I hate that phrase!

>:(

Well you SO deserve it!

BTW can I make a new logo, with more than one color (and maybe add another dimension, by illusion of course)...You don't have to use it...wait I'll just make it and post it here so you can shut me down...

P.S.

Sayonara! Damn you! - I'll find your weakness.. >_>

BTW can I make a new logo, with more than one color (and maybe add another dimension, by illusion of course)...You don't have to use it...wait I'll just make it and post it here so you can shut me down...
Actually, we need a logo for Theology Forums. Interested?

Sayonara! Damn you! - I'll find your weakness.. >_>
He's quite skittish around broccoli....