how do we increase our memory and analytic capability..

hey guys.. i was just wondering are there any methods, ways etc. to increase one's analysis and memory.. cause i can see that i am interllectually deteriorating..

hello, what exactly makes u think that.anyway just use ur brain constantly and eat a lot of almonds u will see a tremendous change in urself.:)

hello, what exactly makes u think that.anyway just use ur brain constantly and eat a lot of almonds u will see a tremendous change in urself.:)

almonds? why? if there are no almonds.. are there any substitutes? i tried searching in wikipedia.org about almonds but i could not find what's in it that will help neural activity. all it said was something about almond oil being a nice emollient.

I don't know about almonds..but am sure about sleep. Get enough rest and sleep. My best days are when I'm fully rested. It feels different, as though you're mind is open and you are fully aware of everything around you. On those days I take out my books.

Don't force it too. I cram a lot for school because I don't have study habits, and I noticed that I began to suffer from short term memory loss after a year of constant cramming.

I could understand stuff and remember them more before I started cramming. The aftermath is quite sad. I can't understand and grasp concepts as quickly as I once could.

So as they said, use it, but don't overdo it. You might just pop.

And it's also quite advantageous if you are interested in the topic.

For analysis I answer crossword puzzles. (where's the analysis in that?)

Try mind bogglers, too. And answering mathematical problems (I see my friends do it, they improve. I don't do it, poor me.)

More power to you and your brain!:D

Writing things down always helps with me (when there's no distractions) especially if I reiterate in my own terms.

Another trick is association with something that's easy to remember...

King Philip Calmly Ordered Fried Green Snakes...

Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species

As for actually enhancing memory...as stated earlier, the more you exercise your brain, the better.

This might seem slighly obscure, but try getting a calculator to produce a random number sequence and try to recite it backwards after reading it. Begin with something simple like a 5 number sequence and move up from there. I tried it a while back, and I think it can considerably improve your abillity to memorise. I also think what snail said would work just fine too.

As for analytical abillities, I'd suggest doing puzzles and even maths problems too. My maths teacher was telling us about how he was able to recover after doing many of these after having a brain tumour[and he's one of the smartest ppl I've met]. Actually he's got a huge stack of these old maths books in his classroom.

Sleep is always important no matter what. Four hours of sleep is better than no sleep.

When it comes to becoming more intelligent, people argue what intelligence is.

I call intelligence the ability to outsmart your opponent no matter if it is living or not.

Is learning history better than physics? Maybe when it comes to warfare and implementing new types of weapons that were made using physics' calculation.

Everything interlocks; however, a lot of gibberish exists inbetween all the crap people try to feed others.

Hmm...exercise is important.

I do have another suggestion...but i'll leave that for the neuroscientist/neuropharmacologist to debate so.....

... for neuropharmacologist only..what do you think about the MOA for a "certain autoreceptor antagonist class" as per "Hen" and as it relates to long-term modification of coginitive function?

No studies directly address this..expecially the implications of enhancing a certain "SGZ phenomena".. as most show reduction in this activity as a symptom/response to pathology

(i know this is boarding on unethical here.and don't wanna give any ideas..so please be audience sensitive with responses.... just curious to hear other opinions)