Marijuana and Fiber Glass

ecoli

My friend heard a rumour that sellers put fiber glass in Marijuana in order to make it appear like there's more. I told him that that's complete bull, but I was wondering if there's anything to this. I highly doubt it, but I'd thought I'd ask.

I'm sure it's happened, but never in any bag I've ever gotten, and it surely isn't regular practice. The only thing you really have to worry about when you buy grass is if it's wet or not (dipped in formaldehyde), which happened to me in the early days. To make the bag heavier some petty swag dealers will put extra stems and seeds in the bag (the seedier the marijuana the swaggier (lower quality) it is) because it's not out of the ordinary to see those in the bag. If you know what you're doing you know what to look for, and if you don't check what you're buying you deserve what you get.

People hear this stuff on Oprah and suddenly it becomes law. Drug dealing is all about repeat business, and you're not going to get it by putting fiberglass in bags. There's also a pretty big misperception that drug dealers sell people drugs at gunpoint (a misperception from Oprah and her ilk) when really if you know any good drug dealers, you know that there's no problem pushing because the product sells itself.

Fiber glass? Why fiber glass? It looks nothing like weed. You'd be able to spot it instantly. You'd be able to taste it. Just the smallest amount of resin and the smoke would probably taste so nasty. It makes no sense.

People rarley ever put anything in weed. Maybe some water to wet it. The stuff is so dirt cheep anyways.

Fiberglass doesn’t taste of anything, its just fine fibers of glass, you are thinking of Glass Reinforced Plastic, commonly known as “fiberglass”, which is a plastic resin with glass fibers for strength. Either way though, you wouldn’t want to smoke it.

I doubt anyone would cut weed with fiberglass, it would be much easier just to use the dried leaves of a common plant. I suppose any of the drugs that are white powders could be cut with fiberglass though.

I suppose any of the drugs that are white powders could be cut with fiberglass though.
I think snorting fiberglass would be considerably more dangerous than using, say, an asbestos snorkel, and would tend to decrease your clientele through attrition.

I'm pretty sure that putting fibre-glass with weed is non-sensical, like Silkworm said, there'd be no repeat buisness.

There's also a pretty big misperception that drug dealers sell people drugs at gunpoint
That wouldn't be a drug dealer so much as an odly generous mugger.

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that they put fiberglass in, not to make it the deal look bigger or heavier, but to make it appear more potent. I would imagine fiberglass would look similar to the white powdery THC crystals are the main psycoactive constituent of the plant so people would think it is better quality.

Anyway one quite disturbing thing I heard the other day is that apparantly cigarette companies often lace thier tobbaco with fiberglass. This supposdly form lots of micro cuts on your throat allowing the nicotine to enter your blood stream quicker.

I'm not sure how true this is but im glad I smoke loose tobbaco not cigarettes.

• 2 years later...