Why are some people under the impression that BLM and ANTIFA are terrorist organisations?

MSC

Just got called a racist for supporting Black lives matter and Anti-fascism... In what world or on what planet does this make sense?

What sort of mental gymnastics does a person need to do to think this way while living in a democratic society that allegedly values equality? Really grinds my gears. 

1 hour ago, swansont said:

Projection. And the best defense is a good offense.

This is why I prefer talking with folk here. It's easier to respect people who are more intelligent than me. It's probably my fault for getting facebook again but a prospective employer wanted to see a fb account before committing to hiring me. Which I'm now gonna just assume is an employment red flag. 

Some people just see other people's ideas as damaging, and wish to silence them.

Lesson learned ... stay off social media.
That's where all the idiots are to be found.

7 hours ago, MSC said:

Why are some people under the impression that BLM and ANTIFA are terrorist organisations?

Propaganda and active disinformation campaigns. The bigger the lie, the more people believe it. 

8 hours ago, iNow said:

Propaganda and active disinformation campaigns. The bigger the lie, the more people believe it. 

I just wish I knew of an effective way to consistently persuade others if what is actually true. Facts and evidence just don't seem to do it. God damn backfire effect.

While there are studies out there suggesting strategies to convince folks of, well, reality, the issue is really that folks are bombarded by factoids to a degree that actual facts matter very little. Together with a general decline in the trust in experts (and yes, the term itself is complicated, but let's pretend it refers to folks with objective expertise in the matter) this results almost innumerable parallel realities.