RICHARD DAWKINS ❤ CANCEL CULTURE (or not)

Gian

8 hours ago, Gian said:

Discuss Dawky's comments.

8 hours ago, Gian said:

That's why Dawky

8 hours ago, Gian said:

Dawky and people like him

8 hours ago, Gian said:

Dawky's too dumb to realise

8 hours ago, Gian said:

Dawky should cut out the rabble rousing

6 hours ago, Gian said:

Honey it's not disrespect to disagree

Listen, Gyno. You e been suspended at least once already here for arguing in bad faith and  this isn’t kindergarten where you win extra points by intentionally using dismissive names. 

10 hours ago, Gian said:

Yes I am suggesting that Dawky's encouragement to disrespect other's opinions at the 2002 Ted talk has contributed to intolerance. I mean what other effect could it have?

"Stop Being damned Respectful" means stop being damned respectful

GIAN🙂XXX

That's an interesting take on "cancel culture", that I've never come across before.  I'm not aware of instances of speakers being denied a platform because they wanted to speak against religion. Normally it is because the speaker want to air views considered abnormally reactionary by the students. Has Dawkins, or anyone else to your knowledge, been refused an invitation to speak against religion?  

Ciao love and kisses 😆

On 4/3/2024 at 3:42 PM, Gian said:

Yes I am suggesting that Dawky's encouragement to disrespect other's opinions at the 2002 Ted talk has contributed to intolerance. I mean what other effect could it have?

This is an extremely poor argument, especially in the context of racism. Are you arguing that if folks respected racist opinion more, folks would somehow be less racist? We see how well that works under Trump and other reactionaries.

Also it seems that you have no idea what happened in the 2000s. The issue around that time was a massive effort by evangelists to influence science teaching in the US by trying to put creationist view next to evolutionary science. At that point folks atheists, including Dawkins became fairly vocal to resist such influence to diminish science teachings and putting belief over facts. 

Still no idea how the various thoughts on Dawkins, cancel culture, racism and whatever has been brought up by OP connect, though.

On 4/4/2024 at 11:17 PM, CharonY said:

This is an extremely poor argument, especially in the context of racism. Are you arguing that if folks respected racist opinion more, folks would somehow be less racist? We see how well that works under Trump and other reactionaries.

Also it seems that you have no idea what happened in the 2000s. The issue around that time was a massive effort by evangelists to influence science teaching in the US by trying to put creationist view next to evolutionary science. At that point folks atheists, including Dawkins became fairly vocal to resist such influence to diminish science teachings and putting belief over facts. 

Still no idea how the various thoughts on Dawkins, cancel culture, racism and whatever has been brought up by OP connect, though.

The only connection I can think of is, Dawkins wanted to cancel Jesus... 🤔

4 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

He comes over as a little cross...

Dawkins or @Gian😁

Dawkins has I think mellowed somewhat with age and may even realise that throwing coconuts at the Aunt Sally caricature of religion he has spent years attacking is a is bit counterproductive. The Four Horsemen of New Atheism have at times come across as evangelical preachers!

Edited by exchemist