Could we observe the present ?

12 minutes ago, Genady said:

How does it relate to Astronomy and Cosmology?

image.png.1e8d7cb6baada59520c04aa390d4d1bd.png

It doesn't, indeed. It was related to the question of contemplating the present and the individual experience of it. Off topic. 

5 hours ago, Time Traveler said:

In my opinion is a problem like in my example with a human observer from a New York street where  he "observes" now a mixture of past times .He can can make predictions but they are wrong  "...I make an analogy between a Galaxy and a Street from New York : Imagine that on a street is one observer and observes..."

As I said, your analogy is exaggerated. Some of us understand how a finite c works, and your example ain’t it.

3 hours ago, ovidiu t said:

there is a difference between the perception of instantaneity and the actual temporal dynamics involved.

That difference is best described as ignorance of reality 

3 hours ago, ovidiu t said:

It was clumsy from my side to write that thought without further explanations

Especially when doing so in a physics section 

On 2/1/2024 at 7:48 PM, Time Traveler said:

a dinosaur that hunts 300m away and the street is no longer there but only a slight depression with vegetation, an little asteroid that hits the street at 400m. .

..if it was an asteroid that killed the dinosaurs, then surely it must be somewhere ~ 299 m at least..

Edited by Sensei

Sometimes life gives us lessons sent in ridiculous packaging"

Some people are really good at packaging themselves, but that's not really me

Maybe is good for me to stop posting on this topic . I apologize to those whom I have disturbed with my posts

8 hours ago, Time Traveler said:

Maybe is good for me to stop posting on this topic . I apologize to those whom I have disturbed with my posts

!

Moderator Note

If you're basing this decision on the replies you quoted, they didn't come from this thread. Not sure where you got them.