I'm gonna make this clear. Someone is using a definition of "trolling" that I'm not familiar with.

9 hours ago, AIkonoklazt said:

(Really; I want to know which definition people are using because at this point, I don't know.)

Don't be obtuse. @swansont explained it to you weeks ago. It's your overall behavior lumped under the heading of "trolling". But go ahead and break out the red herring again and argue with me about whether or not a straw can actually break a camel's back.

On 1/20/2024 at 6:39 PM, swansont said:

It was not just one post; this was merely the straw that broke the camel’s back. Your previous responses in the thread were flippant. You answered yes to a question and when you were asked for a citation you simply posted a picture of a magic 8-ball showing ‘yes’

I believe the staff would've said quit acting like an unsufferable stuck up asshole with a giant chip on his shoulder who can't seem to play well with others or acknowledge valid feedback and criticism or counterpoints, but in an ultimate tl;dr just simplified it with: Stop trolling

I may be wrong, though. It happened to me once before. Interestingly, that was also a leap year. 

10 hours ago, AIkonoklazt said:

(Really; I want to know which definition people are using because at this point, I don't know.

In slang, a troll is a person who posts or makes inflammatory, insincere, digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages online (such as in social media, a newsgroup, a forum…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(slang)

In your case, not so much the inflammatory aspect, but all the rest. (When folks talked of you being obtuse and you persisted with your line of posting? That. When you posted your 8-ball image? That.)

On 2/6/2024 at 10:18 AM, swansont said:

In slang, a troll is a person who posts or makes inflammatory, insincere, digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages online (such as in social media, a newsgroup, a forum…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(slang)

In your case, not so much the inflammatory aspect, but all the rest. (When folks talked of you being obtuse and you persisted with your line of posting? That. When you posted your 8-ball image? That.)

Oh. It's the 8-ball. If "demonstrating a coincidence" was in order, then rolling a die inside a fluid container for the answer would be apt.

On 2/6/2024 at 9:06 AM, zapatos said:

Don't be obtuse.

I'm not.

On 2/6/2024 at 9:32 AM, iNow said:

I believe the staff would've said quit acting like an unsufferable stuck up asshole with a giant chip on his shoulder who can't seem to play well with others or acknowledge valid feedback and criticism or counterpoints, but in an ultimate tl;dr just simplified it with: Stop trolling

I may be wrong, though. It happened to me once before. Interestingly, that was also a leap year. 

I'm wondering whether I should look into retroactive reporting for the people I've blocked...

Edited by AIkonoklazt
must mention that it's apt

2 hours ago, AIkonoklazt said:

Oh. It's the 8-ball.

As it was the first time I pointed it out.

I'm not.

You don’t make that determination. You can only say if it’s deliberate.

On 2/7/2024 at 2:05 PM, swansont said:

As it was the first time I pointed it out.

I don't know when was the first time it was pointed out, but you do have the answer. 8-ball is equivalent of the "demonstration" being asked.

6 hours ago, iNow said:

There’s likely benefit in additional practice of your moving on skills, as not everyone enjoys continued beatings of deceased equines as much as you seem to. 

You're certainly not "moving on."

On 2/11/2024 at 6:18 AM, iNow said:

Ok. Thx for the neg rep 👍

Since you commented regarding some neg rep in another thread and I couldn't answer there, I'll answer it here.

Unless none of those "emotive responses" (neg reps) in that thread were yours, I was simply returning the favor on a comment I didn't like. You didn't like something, and I didn't either.

...That's what these things are for, because that's how I've seen them used all along.

"No sir I don't like it." -Mister Horse

Got lots of those in the artificial consciousness thread when people couldn't give any support to their counter-opinions and "no sir I don't like it" is the only thing they could do (it must have broken the record for most negs in a single thread on this board or something)

Think I'll post a screenshot when the red number hits triple digits. I'll note this in my signature for the popcorn enjoyers.
image.jpeg.20364b00017dbeabfb593dca59208a2a.jpeg

Just gonna highlight for you how none of these are mine. You can tell bc there’s no X button to undo it 

image.thumb.png.ca208f279d38033074c7b758510a8ad9.png

image.thumb.png.57c5b9b3f5d7ad08c2e781ecf96b5f60.png

image.thumb.png.4d3c74841c6ea38fbca98db0fa63e210.png

image.thumb.png.70dc340352cf9727b031eb8252a7bfcd.png

image.thumb.png.e964026a123bfe18d5a1c2fd291c6e0e.png

I was simply returning the favor

Retaliating against someone who did nothing to you strikes me as asymmetric. 

57 minutes ago, iNow said:

Just gonna highlight for you how none of these are mine. You can tell bc there’s no X button to undo it 

image.thumb.png.ca208f279d38033074c7b758510a8ad9.png

image.thumb.png.57c5b9b3f5d7ad08c2e781ecf96b5f60.png

image.thumb.png.4d3c74841c6ea38fbca98db0fa63e210.png

image.thumb.png.70dc340352cf9727b031eb8252a7bfcd.png

image.thumb.png.e964026a123bfe18d5a1c2fd291c6e0e.png

Retaliating against someone who did nothing to you strikes me as asymmetric. 

Thanks, +1 for confirming.

Still didn't like what you said in the other thread when I gave it a neg

One problem with threads like this (aside from being tedious) is that eventually people who don't really care who said what to whom are drawn into taking sides.  And that sucks oxygen away from the topical threads that are the real life of SFN.  Any chance y'all could just stop?  

9 hours ago, TheVat said:

One problem with threads like this (aside from being tedious) is that eventually people who don't really care who said what to whom are drawn into taking sides.  And that sucks oxygen away from the topical threads that are the real life of SFN.  Any chance y'all could just stop?  

Where would be the fun in that?

13 hours ago, AIkonoklazt said:

Unless none of those "emotive responses" (neg reps) in that thread were yours, I was simply returning the favor on a comment I didn't like. You didn't like something, and I didn't either.

...That's what these things are for, because that's how I've seen them used all along.

"No sir I don't like it." -Mister Horse

Got lots of those in the artificial consciousness thread when people couldn't give any support to their counter-opinions and "no sir I don't like it" is the only thing they could do (it must have broken the record for most negs in a single thread on this board or something)

The thing is, the only thing I really said in that thread was, you can't possibly know that your assertion is true; "No sir you didn't like it", you got so angry 😡 that you blocked me.

I'm with @iNow that seems a little asymmetric.