Favorite time travel TV show

Moontanman

Fav Time travel show  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your fav recent time travel TV show?

• Outlander
    • Timeless
    • Travelers
    • Terra Nova
    • Primeval
    • Other
    • Other

A list of my fav time travel shows and the premise of the shows time traveling. 

Outlander - Straight up magic, no technology, and the protagonists alternate between trying to change history and trying to lie low. 

Timeless- Straight up technology with the intent to change or repair the past time line. 

Travelers- Technology with the intent of changing the past through major acts of intervention

Terra Nova- Technology with the intent of escaping the present by moving to the extreme past. 

Primeval- Natural occurrences used to time travel and trying to prevent changes to the past and present. 

Feel free to list your own favs in the poll and I'd like to discuss the differences in the premises of he shows and how well they do in consistency even if the premise is fatally flawed.

I'll start out with my fav time travel show which is Travelers, the show is reasonably internally consistent, the main premise is that no material objects can be sent through time only information. Nothing can be sent through time without a T.E.L.L. Time Elevation Longitude and Latitude of the person it is sent to. The main reason I liked the show was... I hate to ruin the show for anyone but while the time travel is portrayed as almost omnipotent technology ultimately they fail to make a difference in the future. The idea they fail is what ultimately makes the show so powerful.   

Anyone else want to step up and explain their fav time travel show feel free to do so! 

Mostly I really hate time travel in any show. I generally can excuse one or two bits of magic in something (e.g. faster than light travel is pretty much required to make most Science Fiction work), but the implications of time travel are just too much for me.

Having said that, I recently watched Eureka. Pretty much all of the science in that show was just silly. But that then made it easier to accept the time travel episodes. It was all really just fantasy.

And the interesting bit of the time travel was that they kept the "timeline changes" in the show. That is, around half way through the run they altered their present by something they changed in the past ... never reverted it. So some characters went on in the show knowing about the "other timeline" and others only knew one. It was like the show was rebooted, with some characters knowing about the reboot.

40 minutes ago, pzkpfw said:

Mostly I really hate time travel in any show. I generally can excuse one or two bits of magic in something (e.g. faster than light travel is pretty much required to make most Science Fiction work), but the implications of time travel are just too much for me.

Having said that, I recently watched Eureka. Pretty much all of the science in that show was just silly. But that then made it easier to accept the time travel episodes. It was all really just fantasy.

And the interesting bit of the time travel was that they kept the "timeline changes" in the show. That is, around half way through the run they altered their present by something they changed in the past ... never reverted it. So some characters went on in the show knowing about the "other timeline" and others only knew one. It was like the show was rebooted, with some characters knowing about the reboot.

I watched some of Eureka when it first came out but I lost interest as it progressed. I honestly don't remember a time travel component in the show but I didn't watch very many episodes. I might give it another go!