Strange Picture

herme3

I have been receiving lots of strange pictures that were taken at Gettysburg. Most of them look like the orb pictures I posted in another thread. However, somebody sent me a picture that looks like nothing I have ever seen before. He said that he was in the Gettysburg cemetery, and it was very dark. He also said that his camera lens was clean. Does anyone have any idea what this picture could be?

colors.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

judging from the fact that theyre all the same shape, id say that the exposure time was too long, and that the camera was shook -- leaving (identically shaped) traces of the light-sources on the photo.

Well, I agree on the slow exposure time since they all have the same pattern of movement. Also, I notice the left orange lights are on the front of the wall, while the others are behind.

So my guess is they are candles of some type because of the smoke around them, smeared due to slow exposure, and a double exposure since the tree is not smeared. Just my guess.

Bettina

What is this, the 3rd time or 4th time you brought ambiguous pictures here, claiming they were ghosts? We remember the 3 other threads about this, Herme, we aren't goldfish*. All of your claims have been dealt with, it is you who can't accept the truth of the matter.

*goldfish have incredibly short memories, for anyone who is thinking "what the hell is Hellbender talking about?"

What is this, the 3rd time or 4th time you brought ambiguous pictures here, claiming they were ghosts? We remember the 3 other threads about this, Herme, we aren't goldfish*. All of your claims have been dealt with, it is you[/i'] who can't accept the truth of the matter.

:mad: Did you even read my post? This was a picture that somebody else sent me, it wasn't my picture. Also, I never said anything about ghosts.

:mad: Did you even read my post? This was a picture that somebody else sent me, it wasn't my picture. Also, I never said anything about ghosts.

Yes, I did read your post, and look at your picture. However, the fact that it is someone else's picture and you did explicity say "ghosts" changes nothing. We all know you intend to do the same thing you did those 3 times in the past. To respond to your post, I don't think its anything wierd, its just the same thing that happens when people try to take photos and botch them up a little. This happens to me all the time because I am not all that great of a photog, and sometimes the lights have little "trails" after them due to my hand movement (my hands constantly shake uncontrollably, so i can never be a surgeon :)). Its nothing that we haven't explained to you before.

Where would all the light be coming from? The cemetery is part of the battlefield, and I don't think anyone realizes how dark it is at nights. I will ask him if anyone with candles was there, but I doubt it. Normally, there are very few people there at night. Also, why are there so many different colors?

goldfish have incredibly short memories, for anyone who is thinking "what the hell is Hellbender talking about?"

That was disproven on Mythbusters, I believe.

Anyways, I agree with the long exposure idea. Any camera would use a long exposure when it was as dark as it is in that picture, so it's quite understandable.

I think they are candles, like said in the first few posts.... but there is definately a ghost holding that 09/21/2005 sign up in place ;)

personally, i think its an alien holding the sign up -- i mean, they must come from a distant planet, because we dont have 21 months here on earth.

what was he doing in the graveyard in the middle of the night with his camera? Looking for ghosts?

It is obviously dots of lights and the camera was jiggled with a long open exposure.

so he took a picture of a few dots of lights woopy, maybe it was aliens.

I was thinking lights from a road, but that doesnt really explain the blue light.

There does appear to be a road there because of the turn sign in the distance.

personally, i think its an alien holding the sign up -- i mean, they must come from a distant planet, because we dont have 21 months here on earth.

I guess this is a little off-topic, but the date was 9/21/2005, not 21/9/2005. Your Elementary school should have taught you that 9/21/2005 means it is the 21st day, not the 21st month! :rolleyes:

Do you collect pictures taken by crappy photographers?

No, I collect pictures that were taken at Gettysburg. Isn't anybody starting to wonder why there are so many strange pictures taken at Gettysburg?

Imho, it´s either an OpenGL-demo by some hobby programmer or a hacked satelite.

Huh? :confused:

what was he doing in the graveyard in the middle of the night with his camera? Looking for ghosts?

It is obviously dots of lights and the camera was jiggled with a long open exposure.

so he took a picture of a few dots of lights woopy' date=' maybe it was aliens.[/quote']

There are so many strange things that happen in the Gettysburg graveyard and battlefield at night. Many people go there hoping to experience something themselves. I am one of those people.

Where would the "dots of lights" be coming from? I've been to the Gettysburg battlefield and graveyard at night. It is extremely dark. Without a flash light, I can't even see where I am walking. The only lights would be if a car drove by, which is very rare in the battlefield at night. I will e-mail him and ask if he remembers anyone who had candles.

No, I collect pictures that were taken at Gettysburg. Isn't anybody starting to wonder why there are so many strange pictures taken at Gettysburg?

I think he said that because all of the pictures can be attributed to the camera, dust on the lense, floating particles, and bad exposures.

Huh? :confused:

He's just making a joke.

There are so many strange things that happen in the Gettysburg graveyard and battlefield at night. Many people go there hoping to experience something themselves. I am one of those people.

There are many strange things that occur in my neighbor's house at night, but I don't take pictures of it and call it ghosts. (just kidding)

No' date=' I collect pictures that were taken at Gettysburg. Isn't anybody starting to wonder why there are so many strange pictures taken at Gettysburg?

[/quote']

I've been to Gettysburg; it's haunted. So is Manassas. Jamestown used to be, but it doesn't seem to be any longer. Several of the old missions in California are haunted, as are some places in Quebec.

But that is not a photograph of ghosts.

well the tree is perfectly still and yet the lights appear to move the same, the easiest way to accomplish this is to have the lights behind you, and glass in front of you, glass when put up against a dark background acts like a mirror.

if the glass vibrates or moves a little but the cam is still, you`ll get this exact effect :)

I`de not be surprised if the picture wasn`t taken indoors through a large window, or set up deliberately.

naah, if you look at the trees and esp to the left of center on the wall line you`ll see a yellow diamond shape, probably a road sign, they`re all stationary and not blured. it`s only the light sources.

easily acheived when a pic is taken with a sheet of glass in front of the cam.

acting as a partial mirror, the cam will see both frames at the same time, one of the frames (the glass with reflected light) is moving.

a bit like trying to take a picture of the moon from inside your living room with the light on, you`ll capture the moon, and probably your room light and lampshade in the same shot :)

naah' date=' if you look at the trees and esp to the left of center on the wall line you`ll see a yellow diamond shape, probably a road sign, they`re all stationary and not blured. it`s only the light sources.

easily acheived when a pic is taken with a sheet of glass in front of the cam.

acting as a partial mirror, the cam will see both frames at the same time, one of the frames (the glass with reflected light) is moving.

a bit like trying to take a picture of the moon from inside your living room with the light on, you`ll capture the moon, and probably your room light and lampshade in the same shot :)[/quote']

A double exposure could explain what you're describing also. I see nothing else in the picture except the lights.